• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
I want WWE to bring in chris brown so punk can potato his fucking head over and over and continue to wrestle stiff the entire match and "accidentally" give brown a concussion.

What a great two nights of wrasslin. Raw was epic, Smackdown main event was epic, just an incredible couple nights of wrestling. I love the WWE. There isn't a single show on TV I'd choose over the Raw/Smackdown combo. We get 52 weeks of this and somehow they deliver with entertaining episodes most of the time. Not a single show I'd take over the WWE, period. Year-round entertainment >>> 2 and a 1/2 months of Game of Thrones.

This may be the worst Heavy post yet

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The rock is the real monster.

How dare he quit the wrestling biz after several years of working his ass off for a job that doesnt involve getting beat up every night and leaving his family for 300+ days a year.

DAMN YOU DWAYNE I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!!

If he wants to leave then leave and stay away. Or do what other retired legends do.

He came crawling back because his popularity was decreasing after making one too many shitty Disney movies nobody cared about.

What exactly has he done since his return? Cena's promo the other night was great because literally everything he said about Rock was the truth.

Heavy is either incredibly stupid, or an incredible troll. I'm pretty sure it just might be the latter.

If he wants to leave then leave and stay away. Or do what other retired legends do.

He came crawling back because his popularity was decreasing after making one too many shitty Disney movies nobody cared about.

What exactly has he done since his return? Cena's promo the other night was great because literally everything he said about Rock was the truth.
lol his popularity was decreasing? Since when?

smr00

Banned

The rock's popularity was decreasing? that's funny.

Whats even funnier is everyone bitching about the rock will be marking the fuck out on raw, and the raw after and on wrestlemania.

And Cena's promo was weak as shit, come monday everyone who is agreeing with cena and turning their backs on rock will do a complete 180 and praise the rock once again.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The rock's popularity was decreasing? that's funny.

Whats even funnier is everyone bitching about the rock will be marking the fuck out on raw, and the raw after and on wrestlemania. Cena's promo was weak.

i havent marked to a rock promo since his first one starting his "comeback". the faster wrestlemania comes, and we wont have to listen to his incessant lines that he recycled from his last wrestling stint, the better off we'll all be.

The Rock's highest grossing film came out last year (Fast Five), and do you think WM 27 would have had the second highest buyrate if he wasn't there? I'm sure this has been brought up before, but The Rock brings viewers to the WWE, and to be pissed off about that just because he does movies most of the time or is "above" others wrestlers is fucking petty.

smr00

Banned
i havent marked to a rock promo since his first one starting his "comeback". the faster wrestlemania comes, and we wont have to listen to his incessant lines that he recycled from his last wrestling stint, the better off we'll all be.
You may not, but hundreds of thousands of other fans are and will continue to.

Smarks don't matter.

Rock brings ratings, Rock puts asses in seats and Rock brings in huge buyrates.

Where the heck is my John laurinaitis dancing gif?

will this due for now?
qNyiU.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Rock's highest grossing film came out last year (Fast Five), and do you think WM 27 would have had the second highest buyrate if he wasn't there? I'm sure this has been brought up before, but The Rock brings viewers to the WWE, and to be pissed off about that just because he does movies most of the time or is "above" others wrestlers is fucking petty.

He brings ratings by never being on the show?

Survivor Series flopped but it certainly had nothing to do with the fact The Rock was doing the little work he was doing behind a titantron. What viewers did he bring in then?

Honestly I do hope the WM ratings flop a bit. Call me petty, whatever. I'm really not pissed off about it. But he's a non-wrestling celebrity at this point. Just calling it what it is.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the people who "don't care" about those Disney movies are the 10%ers who don't watch Disney movies to begin with. But these are also the same people who pop for Jericho for doing the same thing.

Parallax

You may not, but hundreds of thousands of other fans are and will continue to.

Smarks don't matter.

Rock brings ratings, Rock puts asses in seats and Rock brings in huge buyrates.

he didnt for survivor series.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the people who "don't care" about those Disney movies are the 10%ers who don't watch Disney movies to begin with. But these are also the same people who pop for Jericho for doing the same thing.

pop for jericho doing his own thing? or for jerichos return?

smr00

Banned
Exactly.

You may not give a shit but clearly he is doing something right, hell Journey 2 is 180+ million worldwide right now from a what? 80 mill budget? 100+ mill profit and counting + dvd/blu-ray sales to come. People keep calling them flops yet they keep making a shit load of money, especially on the dvd side.

he didnt for survivor series.

pop for jericho doing his own thing? or for jerichos return?
For a PPV that has been doing shitty buyrates for the past what? 4 years? not to mention a tag match nobody cares about.. you gonna act like him headlining mania isn't going to increase the shit out of the buyrates? he brings in strong ratings for RAW even when he comes via satellite and hes going to sell the shit out of WM.

Hate him all you want i could care less, the fact remains he puts asses in seats and brings in the ratings.

Parallax

E

For a PPV that has been doing shitty buyrates for the past what? 4 years? not to mention a tag match nobody cares about.. you gonna act like him headlining mania isn't going to increase the shit out of the buyrates? he brings in strong ratings for RAW even when he comes via satellite and hes going to sell the shit out of WM.

Hate him all you want i could care less, the fact remains he puts asses in seats and brings in the ratings.

so what you saying is that its the ppv, not the man thats at fault. the same man thats supposed to sell out wrestlemania? ok. the rock is nothing more than a random celebrity at this point then. you seem to have a heavy investment with him bringing in the ratings. and i hope that works out for you

Leaving, then coming back.

the difference is that jericho works when he comes back. he may parade around in a jacket like a court jester, but he performs. the first time the rock stepped in the ring after his comeback was at the end of wrestlemania. then he disappeared. the second time, was months later at survivor series. the truth is that he has a better track record when it comes to performance.

JKRMA

Banned
Hey guys,

Been a long-time lurker here on wrasslin'-age and proud to make a post in this thread.

Just wanted to comment on The Rock. Myself and majority of my buddies who were into wrestling big time during the attitude era stopped watching after Stone Cold/The Rock left. I got back into wrestling after all these years from hearing The Rock returned which got me interested in wrestling again. Bought a Wrestlemania after god knows how many years. I wasn't the only one who got back into wrestling either, some of my friends did as well. Were we disappointed that The Rock didn't stick around? Yes, however I and some of my friends kept watching in hype for this years Wrestlemania to see The Rock put Cena in it's place. Since then I have became a huge fan of Punk, D.Bryne, Ziggler, R-Truth, Cody Rhodes, Santino and Del Rio and will continue to watch not for The Rock but for them.

Kaladin

So guys....

"Fortune fame, mirror vain, gone insane, but the memory remains...."

Is our new

"Written in the stars, a million miles away, a message to the main!"

So guys....

"Fortune fame, mirror vain, gone insane, but the memory remains...."

Is our new

"Written in the stars, a million miles away, a message to the main!"

"I hear voices in the air...

Hear them loud clear..

Tellin' me to listen, listen, listen to CM Punk fued w/ my ex* that beat me..."

*Or are they back together or something?

the difference is that jericho works when he comes back. he may parade around in a jacket like a court jester, but he performs. the first time the rock stepped in the ring after his comeback was at the end of wrestlemania. then he disappeared. the second time, was months later at survivor series. the truth is that he has a better track record when it comes to performance.

Jericho is back on a weekly basis. Rock pretends like hes around on a weekly basis.
Right, but The Rock has been doing this for years. He did it before Jericho ever got the idea. He also has more commitments due to being in so many movies. Are people just going to excuse Jericho once his band decides to go on tour again?

I don't hate Rocky or Jericho, but there seems to be some mild hypocrisy going around, and I haven't even mentioned the Undertaker yet.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Takers been doing this forever and when he could he ran it up on Smackdown for months on end. People even went 1 on 1 with him.

tl;dr: LEAVE UMPABAKER ALONE

Parallax

Right, but The Rock has been doing this for years. He did it before Jericho ever got the idea. He also has more commitments due to being in so many movies. Are people just going to excuse Jericho once his band decides to go on tour again?

I don't hate Rocky or Jericho, but there seems to be some mild hypocrisy going around, and I haven't even mentioned the Undertaker yet.

i dont care about the rock coming and going. i have a problem with him spottily showing up and people just elated to be in his presence. hes nothing more than a guess star at this point because he hasnt really done much wrestling for me to consider otherwise. and please explain what you think is hypocrisy

i dont care about the rock coming and going. i have a problem with him spottily showing up and people just elated to be in his presence. hes nothing more than a guess star at this point because he hasnt really done much wrestling for me to consider otherwise. and please explain what you think is hypocrisy

The Rock comes and goes: "ugh, leave us alone you dumb movie star"
Jericho comes and goes: "FUCK YEAH I HOPE HE CALLS US TROGLODYTES"
Undertaker comes and goes: "Well he's old and paid his dues so it's alright"

Parallax

one of these is not like the other. jericho returns for 6 months at the least. undertaker has been consistently working since he joined the wwf. the rock has been gone for years, shows up one night, leaves again for months, comes back for one night, leaves again for months, and were caught up. thats 3 appearances total in one year. and thats not counting via satellite. jericho has been out until this year and has clocked in more time than the entirety of the rocks "return", so theres a slight difference. im not saying what hes doing is wrong, i recognize its a smart move, but as a wrestling fan, im not impressed with his return. meanwhile on the opposite spectrum, people are eating his shit up. people are excited for his return, but im not feeling it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Good for him. He should retire and get doted on by Michelle instead of giving Triple H an excuse to stink up our TV time.
Sucks that HHH will likely be his last match.

But yeah, let him retire and enjoy that money he has been stacking.

Knox

When Jericho is back he's full time just like anyone else on the roster. There's nothing wrong with Rock and Taker's "guest appearances" though. I mean the alternative is that they're never around at all, cause they aren't going to work full schedules no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom