• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: ‘Look at My African-American Over Here’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
Every day I think he cant worse and he always finds a way. My god.

Remember Bernie or Bust guys, this is who you would be helping elect President. Enjoy it.

Dalek

tumblr_mnqe64Q0tE1s5ybuco1_500.jpg

Meh. 'My' can mean 'my friend' which is the context here. But keep on firing at the wrong targets. Clinton showed what needs to be done - take him front and centre - not this pathetic skirmishing 'oh no' nonsense.

Further context of this conversation claims ownership. He didn't even name "his friend". Just referred to him as "my african american". Even if the rest of the conversation didn't take place, it's still a stupid thing to say.

Clinton (or Bernie, lol) can take him on front and centre all she likes. That doesn't mean the media doesn't have to play nice with Trump.

Every day I think he cant worse and he always finds a way. My god.

Remember Bernie or Bust guys, this is who you would be helping elect President. Enjoy it.

I'd sooner vote for Clinton than Trump.

He wish he could buy 10 more like him, he could when America was great

Fucking hate his campaign slogan. Only thing America was ever great at is oppression and making money. Thats it. I cant wait for poor disgruntled whites who are up in arms over him to realize that he doesnt give a fuck about them. But I guess that would only happen if he won.

Curious that we don't seem to have any video footage of this incident of protesters running around in klan regalia at a Trump rally.

I feel like that would be something that a lot of his supporters, and Trump himself, would want the world to see.

Kathian

Banned
"My friend, the African-American" isn't that much better.

I hate the phrase 'African American' its based on eye sight and that in itself is ignorant of the range of peoples in the world or the range of peoples in Africa. Black would have been a lot better, but you also can't say Black Americans do not feel part of their identity is being Black. So to me I see no disrespect here, hes acknowledging a Black audience member - and yeah him being black does actually mean something. Its just a thanks.

As I say people need to focus on the actual policy stuff with Trump; this constant sidelining is a waste of time and focus.

ApharmdX

Banned
Not any better than using the victims of the cop on black shootings for photo ops like Hillary did, then dropping them when it was convenient.

These people are nothing but trash

To be fair, both Hillary and Bernie have featured victims or families of victims of police violence in their campaigns. Criminal justice reform has been a major issue in the Democratic primary.

He wish he could buy 10 more like him, he could when America was great

Got em!

For a man that says he has the best words he doesn't seem to use them very well. But by all means, keep going Trump. Your words will be your own downfall.

royalan

LOOK! We got us a black guy!

Trump does shit like this so often that I'm becoming numb to it. I'm starting to wonder if that's his strategy.

Not any better than using the victims of the cop on black shootings for photo ops like Hillary did, then dropping them when it was convenient.

These people are nothing but trash

Pretty disgusting reach here, and false. Hilary still campaigns with the Mothers of the Movement. She even spoke at one of their events just a week ago.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The "sitting and behaving" thing really should be added to the OP and thread title...

It takes it from outright despicable to also including just about the most condescending thing one can say.

ApharmdX

Banned
LOOK! We got us a black guy!

Trump does shit like this so often that I'm becoming numb to it. I'm starting to wonder if that's his strategy.

Absolutely. Trump is normalizing racism, bigotry, and xenophobia. When he entered the race there was outrage at his comments. Nine months later it is unsurprising to see a story where, for instance, Trump says that a Hispanic judge is unable to oversee his trial because of his ethnicity. This is now normal in America.

let him talk. the more he talks, the worse he looks.

but it's been a year. it's getting short on time and there still seems to be nothing that really sticks to him. except maybe the Trump university stuff. I know everyone wants to be reassuring but even if he loses he's going to open a Pandora's box of hate groups and dilute the political discourse to a point where we may not recover.

I hate the phrase 'African American' its based on eye sight and that in itself is ignorant of the range of peoples in the world or the range of peoples in Africa. Black would have been a lot better, but you also can't say Black Americans do not feel part of their identity is being Black. So to me I see no disrespect here, hes acknowledging a Black audience member - and yeah him being black does actually mean something. Its just a thanks.

As I say people need to focus on the actual policy stuff with Trump; this constant sidelining is a waste of time and focus.

Don't think of this as an attack.

You either are not an American or have never had any meaningful interaction with a black person. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will respond accordingly.

Absolutely. Trump is normalizing racism, bigotry, and xenophobia. When he entered the race there was outrage at his comments. Nine months later it is unsurprising to see a story where, for instance, Trump says that a Hispanic judge is unable to oversee his trial because of his ethnicity. This is now normal in America.
Where have you been? Racism, bigotry and xenophobia have been normalized in this country since Day Zero. Nothing's changed. Trump is just shining a light on how acceptable it still is to so many people.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
You just know it pains him to use "African-American". It's so obvious how unusual it is for him to say such a thing.

I was literally about to say the same thing. It sounds like he's saying it for the first time, ahaha. Like a kid using a vocabulary word.

Not scandalous, but certainly dopey and gave me a chuckle.

Cipherr

Meh. 'My' can mean 'my friend' which is the context here. But keep on firing at the wrong targets. Clinton showed what needs to be done - take him front and centre - not this pathetic skirmishing 'oh no' nonsense.

lol @ pathetic.

I would strongly suggest you buckle in. He is going to be annihilated from every angle, not just the ones you agree with. And there's 5 months left of this so if I were you I would find a way to make peace with it.

Especially considering the post election coverage will drag it all back up again all through the media to explain the blowout in the election... So its more like 7 more months of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom