• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump addresses Charlottesville [Up: Trump's people force him to croak out "racism"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober6809

Banned
You know, I love this country and almost died for it. I happily served under 44. It made me and my fellow brothers and sisters glad that we had a president that loved his country and did everything to protect it. Right now, I can't even muster the energy to wave my flag high and proud. This motherfucker is going to kill many, many people if he's still in office. We had a domestic terrorist attack and this cock holster is talking about Guam?? Won't denounce racists? Both sides?

This isn't the America I volunteered to defend.

UberTag

He dogwhistled the confederate monument with "we must cherish our history" this shit was deliberate. He condones it, he appreciates it
Pretty much this. He won't condemn this as domestic terrorism because it's behavior he wishes to normalize.
There is no room for doubt here. Not when he surrounds himself with literal Nazis in the form of Bannon and Miller.
White supremacists are large and in charge in America in 2017.

Azuran

Banned
Of course he's not going to say those words. What, do you want his approval ratings to go down into the 20s? That would hurt his precious ego more than his fellow American getting murdered.

Fuck him and everyone who voted for him.

Iolo

I was gonna bring up the Steele dossier in my post as well. The amount of shit I got on other forums from Trump-supporting tools saying "The MSM has been conned with the obvious fake dossier" and shit was bewildering. BTW I'm not saying it's true, it reeks of 4chan bullshit.

Because it's LITERALLY FROM 4chan.

Strike

Yup. He handled this about as well as I thought he would. God help us if a 9/11 or Katrina-like event happens on his watch.

zelas

The National Guard were called on unarmed protesters in Ferguson and these cunts with swastikas and rifles get a free fucking pass. Fuck me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/charlottesville-readies-for-a-white-nationalist-rally-on-saturday/2017/08/10/cff4786e-7c49-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html
As it did with the Klan rally, the Charlottesville Police Department is coordinating with the Virginia State Police and Albermarle County law enforcement agencies. The Virginia National Guard issued a statement saying it is monitoring the situation and will “rapidly respond and provide assistance to local law enforcement if needed to keep citizens safe.”

They just had practice dealing with these same groups in July. They should have been ready to intervene like plenty of other departments have quickly done with BLM protests. They should have never have let the groups get so close together.

Interestingly enough a lot of this could have been avoided if the racist scum Trump is trying to protect actually followed the law like they were told to do:

The protest was originally scheduled to take place in the heart of the city at Emancipation Park, formerly Lee Park, where the city has ordered the removal of the Lee statue. (A Charlottesville judge ruled in May that the statue cannot be moved for six months, and the next hearing is scheduled for Aug. 30.)

Earlier this week, however, city officials declared that the protest should be moved to McIntire Park, a little more than a mile from the city’s downtown core, because of concerns about crowd size and the ability of the police to ensure public safety.

But Jason Kessler, a local blogger who organized the rally, said in an interview Tuesday that the event “is absolutely not changing venues.”

RPGCrazied

Marco Rubio‏Verified account @marcorubio 10m10 minutes ago

Very important for the nation to hear @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists

lol

What speech did he watch?

Pretty much this. He won't condemn this as domestic terrorism because it's behavior he wishes to normalize.
There is no room for doubt here. Not when he surrounds himself with literal Nazis in the form of Bannon and Miller.
White supremacists are large and in charge in America in 2017.
I'm personally shocked he didn't just blanket pardon the guy. You know he wishes he could and get away with it.

It really kills me inside that a large swath of the country lost its mind from a black man getting elected president. It wasn't instantaneous but god damn, eight years later they are so far gone.

Aselith

The National Guard were called on unarmed protesters in Ferguson and these cunts with swastikas and rifles get a free fucking pass. Fuck me.

I'm not sure what this means? The National Guard isn't the police. They were called in to Ferguson because of rioting.

This was some fist fights mostly from what I understand and then one horrible piece of shit that drove into a crowd.

There's no reason why the NG would be called in unless this erupted into a chaotic large scale conflict.

Also, the National Guard isn't a punishment like a plague of locusts....

Red

I always think it's impossible for Trump to sink any lower but he always finds a way. Today again was such a day where he proved me wrong.

You might think he hit rock bottom now with him threatening nuclear war to NK and not condemning straight-up Nazi terrorism both in one week but he'll find a way to even sink lower from THAT.
Yeah. Think about how low we are right now. How terrible our leadership is, how fraught the culture is. If there is one thing we have learned with Trump, it's that things will only get worse. Expect more.

Nerazar

Trump has to be forced to label it an act of terror. There must be a way if enough Senators and Congresspeople call him out. And of course if enough people surround his properties and protest.

woolley

I'm not sure what this means? The National Guard isn't the police. They were called in to Ferguson because of rioting.

This was some fist fights mostly from what I understand and then one horrible piece of shit that drove into a crowd.

There's no reason why the NG would be called in unless this erupted into a chaotic large scale conflict.

I love how black people peacefully protesting got turned into "rioting".

antonz

Even the Police in Ferguson were heavily armed with armor etc. and none of the people in Ferguson were walking around with the kind of firepower on display.

You have White Supremacist Militias walking around in full tactical Gear with AR-15s etc.

Aselith

I love how black people peacefully protesting got turned into "rioting".

Was this from Ferguson?

2014-11-28-2380279D000005780image10_1416955333642-thumb.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/darro...-context-of-the-ferguson-riots_b_6236818.html

He's getting more pushback on this than I thought he was going to

What happened today doesn't gel with the more insidious characteristics of dog whistle politics. This is the type of shit that loses moderate support. It's not going to play well at all, so expect more establishment republicans to either call it out or just stay silent.

RPGCrazied

Jeff Zeleny‏Verified account @jeffzeleny 57m57 minutes ago

Jeff Zeleny Retweeted Cory Gardner
Many Republicans privately wincing at president's response and his failure to call out white supremacists. Sen. Gardner did it out loud.

Is McCain disturbed I wonder?

They have the power to remove this President, but choose not to. Its hard to see how they think they care.

Aselith

They were called riots before that night, from day one. Events caused by aggressive police against peaceful protesters.

Ok but....? I can't really account for what other people call things but when I say riots, I mean riots.

The National Guard didn't even assist when the riots broke out based on what this article says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rguson-where-was-the-national-guard/19936343/

It seems like in both situations the NG was notified to be ready and so they were and then in Ferguson's case the local mayor asked for some support and in this case the Charlottesville mayor has not.

Regardless, what I was saying is that the National Guard is not a punishment that they levy against people, it's deployed in specific situations where the locals don't believe they can maintain order. It's an admission of failure for the local government.

antonz

Ok but....? I can't really account for what other people call things but when I say riots, I mean riots.

The National Guard didn't even assist when the riots broke out based on what this article says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rguson-where-was-the-national-guard/19936343/

It seems like in both situations the NG was notified to be ready and so they were and then in Ferguson's case the local mayor asked for some support and in this case the Charlottesville mayor has not.

That's really the whole point. Black People demanding respect and to be treated with equality? Bring out the Armored Vehicles and heavy Artillery!.

White Supremacists with Assault Weapons, Tactical Gear etc. just another day in the office. Even better send out Black Officers with no protective gear and make them guard the White Supremacists.

Ithil

4chan running with the theory that the driver was a leftist anti-Trump guy. Running the license plates and checking his social media etc.

Could easily be bullshit though.

The literal only reason they are doing that is because they won't own up to any fault for anything ever, it's always got to be "the other side"'s fault.
They're the most dishonest source possible.

Aselith

That's really the whole point. Black People demanding respect and to be treated with equality? Bring out the Armored Vehicles and heavy Artillery!.

White Supremacists with Assault Weapons, Tactical Gear etc. just another day in the office. Even better send out Black Officers with no protective gear and make them guard the White Supremacists.

Yeah, I mean the follow up on Ferguson showed deep problems with racism top to bottom so I'm sure they were very racist in their reaction to peaceful black protesters as well. But even in that case, again referencing this USA Today article, the NG was not used as a punishment so just to steer it back to my main point here...the NG is not a punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom