• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump addresses Charlottesville [Up: Trump's people force him to croak out "racism"]

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah whats going on in that picture, car ramming into people..? why?

excuse my ignorance, havent really followed American news for a couple days.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Are we talking about content or articulation, because I agree he is not a great orator, content wise the situation is fresh, details are being updated as we go, he didnt make any huge fuckups so far as I can tell and played it, as I said, safe. Would be very easy of him to say the wrong thing and he didnt.
He literally blamed both sides of the argument. That implies the perpetrator did it in self defence or was pushed to run over people with a car. Think about what you are saying.

FSLink

Banned
Are we talking about content or articulation, because I agree he is not a great orator, content wise the situation is fresh, details are being updated as we go, he didnt make any huge fuckups so far as I can tell and played it, as I said, safe. Would be very easy of him to say the wrong thing and he didnt.

He literally said both sides.

I disagree and think this was inflammatory to say, poor form

Also you posted this in the
"Charlottesville Mayor: Donald Trump responsible for white supremacist resurgence" Thread

Your agenda is fucking obvious.

gforguava

You are a real piece of work.

Um, he didn't even take the VERY EASY AND SIMPLE STEP OF DENOUNCING WHITE SUPREMACY and walked off when reporters asked if he would denounce it. That's a huge fuckup. You don't get points for "both sides-ing" a nazi rally that turned violent.

"Both sides", employment and jobs, etc are the wrong things to say

And what he didn't say and the questions he didn't answer makes his address even worse

BriGuy

We have literal goddamn neo-nazis proudly demonstrating in our streets, which has now escalated to the point of people dying. Speaking out against these "people" should be the easiest, most non-controversial thing in the world.

And the orange turd couldn't do it. Fucking garbage.

jabuseika

He said "on many sides" twice, with emphasis.

He morally equated the acts of racists and counter protesters.

He failed to called this an act of terrorism, which it undeniably is.

"Both sides", employment and jobs, etc are the wrong things to say

And what he didn't say and the questions he didn't answer makes his address even worse
Seriously this. I expected it to be bad, but I was left speechless when he immediately pivoted to talking about how great the jobs numbers were. He is incapable of handling a crisis.

Pbae

We all know how big a piece of shit Donald Trump is. He's chaotic, dumb, and incapable of being a better person in the twilight of his sad existence. He will continue to infuriate, continue to repress, continue to corrupt, continue destroy, and continue to rule with the Republicans in power.

Please call your Senators, Congressman, and whoever else you think might be able to bring some semblance of control to our country. This is bigger than the health care repeal, yet I rarely see a call to action to bring these goons to be held accountable.

Never let up. It's not an easy process but a dim whimper can become a deafening roar when united by a common cause.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't know what he has to gain by dodging that question.

At the very least you could see him dodging Russian collusion questions as him "not having to dignify that" since he thinks it's fake---but there are multiple white supremacists straight up saying he supports them. There's absolutely NOTHING to gain by ignoring that, it's not a crazy theory, it's literally happening.

Kusagari

Gov. Mike Huckabee @GovMikeHuckabee
"White supremacy" crap is worst kind of racism-it's EVIL and perversion of God's truth to ever think our Creator values some above others.

Mike Fucking Huckabee can put out a real condemnation.

And Trump can't.

FSLink

Banned

At the very least you could see him dodging Russian collusion questions as him "not having to dignify that" since he thinks it's fake---but there are multiple white supremacists straight up saying he supports them. There's absolutely NOTHING to gain by ignoring that, it's not a crazy theory, it's literally happening.

Yep. It's because he's okay with it.

tbm24

Well, he didn't lose anything the other times he dodged the same question.

jelly

It's weird that he won't even say it.

Surely his base would just think he has to say it and not take it to heart or are they that thick?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know when he started to talk about all the great things going on in America I realize he legitimately sounds the same as when Reggie does a Nintendo Direct---like, it's the exact same tone.

It's weird that he won't even say it.

Surely his base would just think he has to say it and not take it to heart or are they that thick?

Well David fucking Duke already sent him a warning for his "strongly worded" tweet about the incident so apparently his base is stupid enough to want him to look like the worst human ever in public just so he doesn't say anything bad about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom