• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump advisor Flynn discussed sanctions w/ Russia before inauguration, despite denial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt anyone other than Trump is implicated with Flynn.

But uhh... Trump makes the final decision so he obviously doesn't want Flynn to say what happened.

Flynn is going to have an accident where he stabs himself in the back twice with two difference knives and then falls into a duffel bag found outside a park near the Jersey shore.

I honestly don't see how the fuck American recovers from this without full on restructuring.

Flynn being a Russian Stooge that Trumps protects indicates Trump wants to protect Russia, and suddenly every fucking person who has touched his presidential campaign/presidency is under suspicion. That includes Comey, Trump, Pence, Spicer, Bannon, Priebus, etc. And that's not including every Republican who, despite supposed knowledge of the report, refused to act up because they're chickenshits.

rjinaz

I doubt anyone other than Trump is implicated with Flynn.

But uhh... Trump makes the final decision so he obviously doesn't want Flynn to say what happened.

I mean Flynn knows how the game is played. He knows these conversations are kept. The only way I can think he'd do this is that he was told to. By who? Well of course Trump. He probably thought he'd be in the clear.

I honestly don't see how the fuck American recovers from this without full on restructuring.

Flynn being a Russian Stooge that Trumps protects indicates Trump wants to protect Russia, and suddenly every fucking person who has touched his presidential campaign/presidency is under suspicion. That includes Comey, Trump, Pence, Spicer, Bannon, Priebus, etc. And that's not including every Republican who, despite supposed knowledge of the report, refused to act up because they're chickenshits.
There's a semi-corroborated (probably more than that now) dossier that gave us (including Trump) reason to believe that the incoming administration was being controlled by the Russians. Every little bit more that comes out is pointing towards it all being true. I almost feel like the government is trying to figure out what to do.

We at the very least need a purge and restructuring of the FBI. Also much more stringent and comprehensive laws on conflict of interest for the President and making tax returns part of the exploratory process.

Mr. X

They earned it and all the bad things that come. I hope to see the GoP destroyed over this.

pestul

They're going to try to sweep this under the rug, and I think they might succeed.
They'll only succeed if dimwitted Dems and Reps just sit there quietly and let it all go down. Trump's base already believe that more Putin is a good thing at this point anyway. What a mess..

ICO_SotC

What the hell is going on with that fucking guy?

Either he's massively compromised, or he instinctively goes out of his way to be a partisan shitstain.
Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, there might be a chance that the FBI was already investigating Trump about this as well, and Coomey didn't want Trump to find out they were already collecting evidence against him? Other than that, I got nothing.

CNN reporting Flynn resigned.

Whoa, right as I was posting.

There's a semi-corroborated (probably more than that now) dossier that gave us (including Trump) reason to believe that the incoming administration was being controlled by the Russians. Every little bit more that comes out is pointing towards it all being true. I almost feel like the government is trying to figure out what to do.
Yup, I know about the Steele Dossier. To think that what read as absurd initially is being slowly shown to have merit. Like, I don't blame the government for trying to figure out an answer, because holy shit has every check/Balance failed in every way possible.
We at the very least need a purge and restructuring of the FBI. Also much more stringent and comprehensive laws on conflict of interest for the President and making tax returns part of the exploratory process.
Yup, FYI has to be reformed completely, Comey is beyond incompetent with his handling
They earned it and all the bad things that come. I hope to see the GoP destroyed over this.
GOP deserves to burn, but the whole country doesn't.

Gloria Borger saying David Petraeus is coming in tomorrow; but no replacement yet.

No Flynn is done. You're right they'll try to buy distance but Flynn is casualty one. Domino one. This is panic stations for everyone.

Yeah I mean; the stories today made it clear the president lied about his knowledge of the situation. That's pretty big considering the implications of Tump knowing about this AND being OK with it until the public found out

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
They're going to try to sweep this under the rug, and I think they might succeed.
No Flynn is done. You're right they'll try to buy distance but Flynn is casualty one. Domino one. This is panic stations for everyone.

Edit. Flynn just resigned.

Who's domino 2?

Bannon is literally powerless without Trump and the main obstacle to stability. What's he got on trump though?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Three weeks and your national security adviser had to resign because he was a Russian plant.

GG Trump what's week six look like? And will this thread also be bereft of Trump fan junior accounts with twenty posts since 2010?

Zen Aku

Hmm so Flynn resigned.. NOW they'll try to sweep it under the rug. Unless someone keep investigating. I don't see how Trump, Bannon or Pence might be affected by this, unfortunately. GOP got too many people in the right places.

Edit: the next obvious fall guy is Pence or Trump I'm assuming.

I had just posted the observer article mocking the timeline of events on my fb feed 30 min ago, predicting that Flynn would be gone within the month, and CNN just dropped the bomb.

Is there any precedence for this kind of turnover for a national position in the last 4 or 5 cabinets? Outside of House of Cards, that is.

Phreaker

Get a load of this resignation letter

C4mR6bcUkAAln2a.jpg

from Acosta https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/831356044815323136

Zen Aku

"honored to have served my nation and the American people in such distinguished way."

You means by illegally communicating with the Russian? Cause that's all people are going to remember you for man.

Incomplete information, lol. Just so happened to be all the treasonous stuff right Flynn?
"Distinguished way" LOL

"Reoriented?" huh. You mean embarrassed, seriously injured, and undermined our position in the world.

Three weeks and your national security adviser had to resign because he was a Russian plant.

GG Trump what's week six look like?

Trump, Pence and all of their administration members:
635983397197425995-1671096386_635983324153030471-795033589_giphy%2520(3).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom