• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN:Russians believed they would be able to use Michael Flynn to influence Trump

AssuredParallelCock.gif

It's over for Trump. If he doesn't resign tommorow, he just looks like an asshole.

So you're saying he either resigns or literally nothing changes.

Surfinn

I find it really hard to believe that Trump could just accidentally collude with Russians. How would that even be possible?

zaryn

I have never experienced a news cycle like this. It's almost too much. Twitter is almost on a constant refresh.

Eh is there any proof that Trump himself tried to cover any of this up? Obstruction of justice seems to be clear as day though with his recorded White House statement.

Obstruction of justice is part of the cover up. Easing pressure by firing the FBI Director is part of the cover up.

Eh is there any proof that Trump himself tried to cover any of this up? Obstruction of justice seems to be clear as day though with his recorded White House statement.

Asking Comey to let it go could easily be seen as obstruction and covering it up. They're not mutually exclusive.

Armaros

Trying to get comey to drop the Flynn investigation.

In a he said, he said fight, an FBI officer's memos and memorandums made for conversations are admissible and given credibility.

Syncytia

Trying to get comey to drop the Flynn investigation.

In a he said, he said fight, an FBI officer's memos and memorandums made for conversations are admissible and given credibility.

Especially when his memos are from the time of events, rather than the other guy saying NUH UH when he is accused of wrongdoing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
With all of the evidence that damned near everyone knew that Flynn was dirty and compromised, Trump and company are going to have a hell of a time trying to invoke plausible deniability.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'll repeat it in every thread when new stuff emerges on this guy; Trump wanted him as VP. Imagine the current situation if he had actually been VP. Heck if he was still around and Trump had an accident or health issue, the guy would have become president.

Buckle

Its kind of fucking amazing how casual the Trump administration must have thought buddying up to Russia would be.

They've spent so much time getting fed treats by them that once they came into office, the thought of all the corruption and potential treason being used against them must have never crossed their mind. It was all completely normal, no one would get nailed for that. Its just the usual business.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You know, if I was Roger Ailes' family, I would assume he's an old man who simply slipped and fell. But I would probably grieve and then ask for an independent autopsy just so that I could have some closure on that timing.

Zolo

One major concern for Obama administration officials was the subject of conversations between Flynn and Kislyak that took place shortly after Obama slapped new sanctions on Russia for meddling in the election. Sources tell CNN that Flynn told Kislyak that the Trump administration would look favorably on a decision by Russia to hold off on retaliating with its own sanctions. The next day, Putin said he wouldn't retaliate.

So......are we supposed to pretend Trump didn't know about this conversation?

VtCfV1f.jpg

Brashnir

Its kind of fucking amazing how casual the Trump administration must have thought buddying up to Russia would be.

They've spent so much time getting fed treats by them that once they came into office, the thought of all the corruption and potential treason being used against them must have never crossed their mind. It was all completely normal, no one would get nailed for that. Its just the usual business.

they probably actually believed all the wingnut conspiracy theories about democratic corruption, and figured that's just how it was done.

Kusagari

Here's my general thoughts on Trump's place in this:

Trump had no direct role in the collusion. Flynn and others, including Kushner, were the ones talking to the Russians and colluding with them. They likely told Trump the general gist of this stuff and about some of the people they were meeting like Kislyak, but not the finer details of what was going on.

Trump didn't think anything of this and legitimately believed it was a good thing.

I legitimately believe Trump is too dumb to have been involved in the actual minutiae of this and that he probably has never understood the collusion aspect of it.

Obstruction of justice is covering it up.

Keep in mind that Nixon didn't get taken down by proving he ordered the initial crime. He was taped in the process of trying to halt an investigation into it.

Trump had no direct role in the collusion. Flynn and others, including Kushner, were the ones talking to the Russians and colluding with them. They likely told Trump the general gist of this stuff and about some of the people they were meeting like Kislyak, but not the finer details of what was going on.

Trump didn't think anything of this and legitimately believed it was a good thing.

I legitimately believe Trump is too dumb to have been involved in the actual minutiae of this and that he probably has never understood the collusion aspect of it.

Too bad he's still fucked on obstruction of justice.

SAD!

Obstruction of justice is covering it up.

Keep in mind that Nixon didn't get taken down by proving he ordered the initial crime. He was taped in the process of trying to halt an investigation into it.

If some of you haven't listened to those Nixon tapes, you really should.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

but then you get into the the obstruction of justice

the well established connections between trump and the russian oligarchs

trump meeting putin and references conversations they had and then years later claiming he did no such thing... it goes on and on and on and on

honestly there's just so much shit between him and russia that it's FAR more likely he's complicit than it all being one big coincidence.

rjinaz

Trump is scum. He has proven it, hell he proves it nearly every day. I refuse to believe he didn't have his hands in this. Trump is always about winning, no matter the cost. There is no question he can be easily manipulated. But that also doesn't mean he didn't get his hands dirty in covering things up.

So......are we supposed to pretend Trump didn't know about this conversation?

VtCfV1f.jpg

I've been raving to people about this tweet, and nobody remembers it in light of all the other dumbass, incriminating tweets. This one right here. This shows he knew exactly what Flynn was doing.

Russia trying to play fourth dimensionan chess and U.S. intelligence just flipped the fucking table.

Although the U.S. political climate is in shambles, so I guess they're still winning.

Zolo

I refuse to believe he didn't have his hands in this.

Again:

VtCfV1f.jpg

He was absolutely in on it. He may not have had direct communications, but he was in on it. Not even getting into how he said he wanted Russians to hack Hillary's emails.

Top Bottom