• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump advisor Flynn discussed sanctions w/ Russia before inauguration, despite denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstripes

Banned
Trump said he hasn't seen any report about this.

C4VoniTUoAAtPe_.jpg

He respond in a series of simple, pre-fab phrases even a parrot could learn.

MG310

Stephen Miller, Senior Advisor to the President, weren't given anything to say about this for his round on Sunday shows.

Same thing with Stephanopoulos just now. Just kept saying to ask someone from Pence's office.

Also kept saying "Come to New Hampshire, everybody will tell you!" as proof of the bullshit claim Trump made about voter fraud.

Tovarisc

Same thing with Stephanopoulos just now. Just kept saying to ask someone from Pence's office.

Also kept saying "Come to New Hampshire, everybody will tell you!" as proof of the bullshit claim Trump made about voter fraud.

Voter Commission[?], proper name of department escapes me, has demanded WH and Trump to produce evidence about their NH claims. Not holding my breath.

Beefy

Gen. Flynn led standing ovation for Putin in Moscow

Donald Trump's embattled National Security Adviser led a standing ovation for Russian dictator Vladimir Putin last winter during a gala celebrating the ten-year anniversary of Russia's propaganda organ, RT (aka Russia Today).

Flynn didn't just join the standing ovation for Putin. He started it.

In a video posted by the Democratic Coalition Against Trump, not only did Flynn joined in the standing ovation following Putin's speech, but on closer examination, it's clear that Flynn and the woman next to him led the standing ovation for Putin.

Flynn had the honor, along with Jill Stein (who also joined in the ovation), of sitting at Putin's table.

http://americablog.com/2017/02/gen-flynn-led-standing-ovation-putin-moscow.html

Vid: https://youtu.be/_CGh1b_tmj0

Pics:

uszdQG7.jpg

3fXnYwm.jpg

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Oh baby. Please let this blow up in the biggest possible way.

I wish they could get him under oath. Easy-D can't open his mouth without lying.
I'll have you know that there have been circumstances where I have in fact spoken the truth.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Ouch at that Observer article.

A WH administration so bad that the IC has written it off already as both too incompetent and too compromised to work with or have classified intel shared with it. o_O

Boke1879

Yet he is pushing agenda that President has supreme power and courts are in wrong or how there was widespread voter fraud in New Hampshire. He is knee deep in shit either way.

Oh no doubt, but he's not trying to get into this Flynn shit though. You see how a lot of people are throwing him under the bus and deflecting blame.

Guy.brush

A WH administration so bad that the IC has written it off already as both too incompetent and too compromised to work with or have classified intel shared with it. o_O

What’s going on was explained lucidly by a senior Pentagon intelligence official, who stated that “since January 20, we’ve assumed that the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM,” meaning the White House Situation Room, the 5,500 square-foot conference room in the West Wing where the president and his top staffers get intelligence briefings. “There’s not much the Russians don’t know at this point,” the official added in wry frustration.

Damn.

avaya

What’s going on was explained lucidly by a senior Pentagon intelligence official, who stated that “since January 20, we’ve assumed that the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM,” meaning the White House Situation Room, the 5,500 square-foot conference room in the West Wing where the president and his top staffers get intelligence briefings. “There’s not much the Russians don’t know at this point,” the official added in wry frustration.

Damn.

This is absolutely vile.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Damn.

Yeah at this point I can only hope this takes down Trump and the rest of the Republican party. They're all complicit as far as I'm concerned. Every single one deserves to labeled as a traitor.

There is a real danger of this getting drowned out by all the other Trump controversies because this is the big one.

We already know Russia tried to swing the US election in favor of Donald Trump but if there was active collusion between his campaign staff and the Russians, as suggested by Flynn's actions and attempts to cover them up, the fallout would be insane.

Putin is already ruthlessly clearing house in his cybersecurity apparatus, presumably to get rid of the evidence. This scandal needs to get traction fast.

The Observer said:
That is monumentally breathtaking if true, and I'd like to see some corroboration.

chadskin

The White House is reviewing whether to retain National Security Adviser Mike Flynn amid a furor over his contacts with Russian officials before President Donald Trump took office, an administration official said Sunday.

Mr. Flynn has apologized to White House colleagues over the episode, which has created a rift with Vice President Mike Pence and diverted attention from the administration’s message to his own dealings, the official said.

“He’s apologized to everyone,” the official said of Mr. Flynn.

Mr. Trump’s views toward the matter aren’t clear. In recent days, he has privately told people the controversy surrounding Mr. Flynn is unwelcome, after he told reporters on Friday he would “look into” the disclosures.

But Mr. Trump also has said he has confidence in Mr. Flynn and wants to “keep moving forward,” a person familiar with his thinking said. Close Trump adviser Steve Bannon had dinner with Mr. Flynn over the weekend, according to another senior administration official, and Mr. Bannon’s view is to keep him in the position but “be ready” to let him go, the first administration official said.

Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, as of Sunday evening hadn’t yet weighed in, the official said.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/democr...isers-talks-with-russians-1486922486?mod=e2tw

UberTag

To be fair, that's the same conclusion just about anyone with intelligence has reached.
It would have been naive to not presume the IC would reach that same conclusion.
The only instance where it would not would be if it was compromised already.

Tovarisc

Flynn isn't going anywhere any time soon, as I expected.

----------

Michael Flynn has no plans to resign and no expectations that he will be fired, a senior administration official told CNN Sunday.

While Flynn may have no plans to leave the White House, many inside the Trump administration are concerned with the fact that the national security adviser could have misled senior members of the White House, including Vice President Mike Pence, who went on national television and denied that Flynn spoke about sanctions with Sergey Kislyak, Russian ambassador to Washington.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/13/p...mp-white-house0209PMStoryLink&linkId=34435221

RoKKeR

Flynn isn't going anywhere any time soon, as I expected.

----------

Michael Flynn has no plans to resign and no expectations that he will be fired, a senior administration official told CNN Sunday.

While Flynn may have no plans to leave the White House, many inside the Trump administration are concerned with the fact that the national security adviser could have misled senior members of the White House, including Vice President Mike Pence, who went on national television and denied that Flynn spoke about sanctions with Sergey Kislyak, Russian ambassador to Washington.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/13/p...mp-white-house0209PMStoryLink&linkId=34435221

The Democrats need to raise hell over this. Absolutely shameful, could you imagine if something like this happened under Obama or even Bush?

jelly

I wonder how the agencies feel. It must be infuriating but probably makes them even more persistent.

Trump administration must fee pretty confident there isn't enough that sticks to them.

ICO_SotC

This is stunning.

Four days of total silence, and the best they can finally come up with is, "Yes he directly undermined the US, repeatedly lied to the President and Vice President, lied to Congress. lied to the American people, and we're going to make sure we punish the those in the intelligence community who stepped forward to expose this."

The House Intel Charmian just attacked the Intelligence community for doing the right thing, referring to them as part of the "swamp". Again, it's stunning. A Clinton, or any Democratic administration, would get ripped apart by the so called liberal media for something like this.

kevin1025

Banned
He's apologized, guys. All is well now.

So if you commit treason, all you have to do is apologize to the Trump administration, I guess.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Seems like Trump can't get rid of Flynn because they are all complicit with the action. Time for the impeachment proceedings to begin.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Seems like Trump can't get rid of Flynn because they are all complicit with the action. Time for the impeachment proceedings to begin.

I really do think there is a big batch of them that are all in it together. They are trying to figure out how to navigate this right now. Potential for problems throwing him under the bus but also potential for problems keeping him if there is hard evidence.

Tovarisc

Spicer went on the record:

Was President Trump aware that Flynn would discuss sanctions with the Russians? Spicer: "No, absolutely not. No way."

https://twitter.com/andrewbeatty/status/831281572586389506

The White House has examined a transcript of a wiretapped conversation that Mr. Flynn had with Sergey I. Kislyak, the Russian ambassador, in December. The call in included a discussion about sanctions against Russia and other issues. But Mr. Flynn is believed to have told Mr. Pence that sanctions and other policy was not discussed.

Current and former senior officials said that the F.B.I. has been looking into the phone call. A former administration official said that the transcript is ambiguous enough to give the White House justification, should Mr. Trump want to retain Mr. Flynn.

Classified information does not appear to have been discussed, the official said.

Mr. Flynn never explicitly promised sanctions relief, the former official said, but he appeared to leave the impression that it would be possible.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/...-michael-flynn.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Putin still has use for Flynn so he flashed the pee pee tape.

At this point the supporters are so entrenched that I am 100% certain they would still support him even if a tape was released of him in the act, and finishing the entire act. They would likely just state that he blessed the women he peed on or vice versa.

The White House has examined a transcript of a wiretapped conversation that Mr. Flynn had with Sergey I. Kislyak, the Russian ambassador, in December. The call in included a discussion about sanctions against Russia and other issues. But Mr. Flynn is believed to have told Mr. Pence that sanctions and other policy was not discussed.

Current and former senior officials said that the F.B.I. has been looking into the phone call. A former administration official said that the transcript is ambiguous enough to give the White House justification, should Mr. Trump want to retain Mr. Flynn.

Classified information does not appear to have been discussed, the official said.

Mr. Flynn never explicitly promised sanctions relief, the former official said, but he appeared to leave the impression that it would be possible.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/...-michael-flynn.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

What a surprise, nobody involved can keep their story straight. Even better that the Kremlin themselves just threw in their hat, and did so by lying.

Other than the White House and deadbeat Congress, is there any other governmental body that can do something about this? Is this in the preview of the FBI?

FStubbs

I hope most Republican senators and house representatives are quaking in their boots like he surely was in those moments. They deserve not a single night of good sleep until 2018 and 2020 when they hopefully get utterly fucked at polls.

They figure they'll ride it out, it'll blow over, and then their great '18 map will let them gain seats, allowing them to cheat/voter suppress/gerrymander their way through '20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom