• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump advisor Flynn discussed sanctions w/ Russia before inauguration, despite denial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the IC knows the report is true, but it's hard to give evidence without exposing assets. I hope they can further corroborate it. Every little piece is a crack in his armor. Every doubt a further weight the GOP must carry.

finley83

Banned
Trump said he hasn't seen any report about this.

C4VoniTUoAAtPe_.jpg

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

So you can be impeached for lying about t a blowjob but lying about traitorous activity nothing?
I think Clinton said that under oath though. They'd need to drag Trump's ass into congress to testify, and then catch him in a lie. I'm not an American, so maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Clinton said that under oath though. They'd need to drag Trump's ass into congress to testify, and then catch him in a lie. I'm not an American, so maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

GOP can do anything and very quickly
They can demand tax returns
They can vote on amendment 25
They can start impeachment hearings and watch as the rotten core fold
They can vote against the worst of his cabinet picks
And half a dozen other things

It just requires some principals and a quiet meeting or two.

Ac30

They'd never drag his ass in because the man would lie seconds after taking the oath. He's a pathological liar and the Republicans know it.

GOP can do anything and very quickly
They can demand tax returns
They can vote on amendment 25
They can start impeachment hearings and watch as the rotten core fold
They can vote against the worst of his cabinet picks
And half a dozen other things

It just requires some principals and a quiet meeting or two.

'just'

You're asking for way too much of the GOP if you think they've got any principles left at this point.

'just'

You're asking for way too much of the GOP if you think they've got any principles left at this point.

Then if GOP are going to drive this bus off the road into the ditch and keep going until the engine blows up, while everyone watches mostly in shock, how are they expected to survive the mid terms?

linkboy

Then if GOP are going to drive this bus off the road into the ditch and keep going until the engine blows up, while everyone watches mostly in shock, how are they expected to survive the mid terms?

Deflect, blame everything on Obama, Hillary and the Democrats, then watch their base eat it up like they always do.

You know, the status quo.

Bleepey

What's the state of limitations on this shit. Could the dems kick ass at midterms on the promise of impeach trump, get a senate majority and get him out.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I would genuinely question - if the pee pee n-word tape were real and released - if even that would be enough for the GOP to finally do something about it.

Mrs stinkles thinks they would try to get away with it and claim freedom of speech or momentary lapse of reason etc.

I don't know how they'd walk that one back tbh.

That's why IMO if the Dems can win the house and start bringing up his people under oath, it will be over for Trump.

antonz

I have to imagine we are looking at an Iran-Contra moment for Trump right now. Trump, Bannon and Miller without a doubt knew what Flynn was doing. Did Pence? hard to say because as much of a scumbag Pence is I do not think he is in Putin's pockets like the others.

So they will try to deflect and protect Flynn until they can no longer do so. Then Flynn will fill the role of Oliver North and fall on the Sword protecting Trump, Bannon and Miller. The Fact the CIA with Pompeo's approval has already made their first attack run on Flynn by denying his senior advisor security Clearance indicates to me that the boat is rocking pretty hard right now

Alavard

I have to imagine we are looking at an Iran-Contra moment for Trump right now. Trump, Bannon and Miller without a doubt knew what Flynn was doing. Did Pence? hard to say because as much of a scumbag Pence is I do not think he is in Putin's pockets like the others.

My own opinion is Trump is petty enough that he made sure early on to keep Pence in the loop on everything, so that if Trump goes down, so does he.

theWB27

I would genuinely question - if the pee pee n-word tape were real and released - if even that would be enough for the GOP to finally do something about it.

Mrs stinkles thinks they would try to get away with it and claim freedom of speech or momentary lapse of reason etc.

I couldn't imagine how they'd handle that going into midterms. All media would be focused on a GOP that has done nothing to check Trump.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

If it was merely the prostitutes it would greatly tarnish any sliver of reputation he had left among his supporters. To walk away from it would require a miracle on a level previously unheard of and the greatest widespread manipulative diversion ever enacted, but possible.

If in fact it did feature him also calling Obama the N-word as now heavily rumored whilst in the act? Well, some of the worst people in our country will love it, but that would be the death knell as no one in any public standing would want to be associated with that toxin. I mean the GOP would have no recourse in defending how their "champion" could justifiably be disgracing then acting president while involved in sexual acts that no self-respecting public servant and commander-in-chief should ever be part of or even accomplice to. It would be ruinous. But then again every hour he and his administration do something that should be ruinous.

Alucrid

Banned

who hasn't hired prostitutes for their urinary services though

er right?

right?

not sure if america would even bat an eye at the pee tape or an n-word tape. i think anything short of a live video of him late term aborting a white baby while putin laughs in the background isn't gonna cut it.

Blader

So they will try to deflect and protect Flynn until they can no longer do so. Then Flynn will fill the role of Oliver North and fall on the Sword protecting Trump, Bannon and Miller. The Fact the CIA with Pompeo's approval has already made their first attack run on Flynn by denying his senior advisor security Clearance indicates to me that the boat is rocking pretty hard right now
It doesn't sound like Pence knew and genuinely believed Flynn when he said he hasn't discussed sanctions with Kislyak.

I'm not at all surprised that Pence is not in the loop.

theWB27

not sure if america would even bat an eye at the pee tape or an n-word tape. i think anything short of a live video of him late term aborting a white baby while putin laughs in the background isn't gonna cut it.

This is nonsense. America has batted many a eye to what he's been doing in office. Are you ignoring the protests and town hall meetings? The GOP won't do anything until it risks losing power. A tape like this would do just that.

My own opinion is Trump is petty enough that he made sure early on to keep Pence in the loop on everything, so that if Trump goes down, so does he.

Pence doesn't strike me as being in Trump's inner circle. It seemed like he was legitimately surprised by the Pussygate video, and I don't think he would have been if he spent much time with Trump.

gamerMan

Yah nobody was shocked with the grab em by the p-ssy tape. That was just locker room humor. Every politician loves golden showers right? It's part of the job description. Even if Donald Trump shot somebody,Republicans wouldn't bat an eye.

Boke1879

You know what. IF that tape is true. It won't even be the prostitutes or the pee pee that buries him.

It would be the fact the he said the N-word. In the eyes of everyone. He'd be a racist.

Bleepey

He called Mexicans murderers and rapists and like 30% of them voted for him. Shit may make him more popular.

finley83

Banned
You know what. IF that tape is true. It won't even be the prostitutes or the pee pee that buries him.

It would be the fact the he said the N-word. In the eyes of everyone. He'd be a racist.

It's amazing how you can say and do anything in modern America but only be proven racist if you literally said the n word. Like Fox News would only have turned on George Zimmerman if there wasl footage of him saying the n word, but him shooting an unarmed black teenager in the back is just fine.

I hate modern right wing media, it's a fucking cancer on the planet and must be stopped. At some point it just turned into unambiguous hate speech and it's poisoning society.

Honestly, it's the n-word that would hurt him most with those that voted for him. He has a lot of overt racist supporters, they would follow him to the ends of the Earth but they are out numbered by covert racists, and the n-word is the magic word you avoid, because that is the magic word that makes you racist. He'd lose a lot of support, at least outward support and almost every Republican in congress would be forced to condemn the man publicly.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
If the pee and N-word tape were released, it wouldn't mean shit. Unless Americans started breaking shit and rioting and genuinely frighten lawmakers.

Heck, even if Trump was somehow implicated in treasonous activity, it wouldnt mean shit to the GOP, unless Americans started to break shit and hold the entire GOP equally responsible.

Either way, nothing will happen unless people break shit, demanding GOP heads.

CrunchyB

It's amazing how you can say and do anything in modern America but only be proven racist if you literally said the n word. Like Fox News would only have turned on George Zimmerman if there wasl footage of him saying the n word, but him shooting an unarmed black teenager in the back is just fine.

American politics is full of insanity like this. Also see pro-life people who support the death penalty, pious Christians who make a living on hating their neighbours, etc

well if the Republicans are true Christians they will forgive him and give him another chance. i've seen convicted pedophile priests being welcomed back to their community, that's a thing.

oh and the whatnow? the pee pee tape is now a pee pee n-word tape? wooow. no way.. but still, sin is sin and can be forgiven. maybe they'll have a prayer circle and Trump talks in tongues and feels the Lord and is fit to lead the free world again.

Measley

I'm going to call it right now: Trump isn't going to fire this guy.

This is going to get real ugly very quickly.

Guys, I don't want to get too excited, but I think the regime is starting to fold!

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/830760718957948928

Conway is a career spinner but you can tell she's backing off the throttle a bit even though that's the narrative Trump wants to push

I'm going to call it right now: Trump isn't going to fire this guy.

This is going to get real ugly very quickly.

That'd be stupid, he could probably toss this guy out, scapegoat him, and come out clean

jelly

Maybe the Trump administration are so intertwined that if one goes down, they take them all down as there is no loyalty with scumbags and thieves when your own skin is on the line. For most, their objective is to get rich off the Presidency but once that meal ticket is gone, every man for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom