• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

The President of the United States is now attempting to compel an American company to violate it's employees' First Amendment rights.

Forget all the Russia shit. This is worthy of impeachment all by itself.

The President of the United States is now attempting to compel an American company to violate it's employees' First Amendment rights.

Could you fucking IMAGINE if the person who wins the Get a President Impeached merit badge isn't a journalist or someone on Mueller's crew

It's Colin Kaepernick

Trump's inability to shut the fuck up is amazing. Like seriously find your foot and insert it into your mouth dumbass.

Yeah, I don't understand why he's still acting like he's campaigning for a side. He won, he's the leader of United States.

He could literally spend 20 seconds and put out a generic "we need to work hard to ensure that this a country that everyone has faith in" tweet and it'd sound 1000x more Presidential.

"No Vacancies for Blacks"

Would you like to try that again, sunshine? Or should I tell you what he's said about the Central Park 5?

My point was he hasn't blatantly attacked blacks, which is why some blacks actually think he cares about them. Rational people know that's not the case, sunshine.

He hasn't called them rapists/drug dealers like he has for Mexicans, for example.

Mahonay

Banned
My point was he hasn't blatantly attacked blacks, which is why some blacks actually think he cares about them. Rational people know that's not the case, sunshine.
The fuck does he need to do to be considered "blatantly" racist? Show up to one of his rallies with a white hood on? You know, the rallies where he shits on minorities to a cheering white crowd? Like, you know, a Klan rally. Or in 1940 Germany.

Not

Banned
Trump never specifically targeted blacks. Not blatantly at least.

If you don't think it's been blatant, you're naive. He's President right now because he spearheaded a campaign baselessly questioning a black President's legitimacy.

So in the eyes of some, that's good enough. The sad truth is many minorities hold ultra conservative stances (eg. pro-life) and that's more important than all the other shit he does.

Before making a statement that includes "many minorities," show me the details. I'd be far more OK with you making a blanket statement about a minority you belong to, not "many" of them. But if you are going to do so, back it up with data. Most of the people on this forum making claims about the majority of people identifying as white have read the studies and statistics to substantiate said generalities.

And I'm sure few of them must also be well off. So they are economically better off under Trump's tax plan.

Using "I'm sure a few of them" is not an effective argumentative technique. Suppositions are rarely convincing. Also, drawing conclusions without taking into account whatsoever how the American economy in particular was founded and continues to thrive on race-based discrepancies and barriers will only lead to faulty understandings of the situations you analyze.

Wilsongt

So many white people bothered and pressed by black guys taking a knee during the national anthem.

How many of those fat fucks wipe the cheeto and dorito dust off their hands while on their couches to stand and salute?

Trump never specifically targeted blacks. Not blatantly at least. So in the eyes of some, that's good enough. The sad truth is many minorities hold ultra conservative stances (eg. pro-life) and that's more important than all the other shit he does. And I'm sure few of them must also be well off. So they are economically better off under Trump's tax plan.

What a fucking idiot you are.

CazTGG

HAHAHA, there it is!

Also, this:
”I think the guy is lazy," Trump said of a black employee. ”And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It's not anything they can control."

The fuck does he need to do to be considered "blatantly" racist? Show up to one of his rallies with a white hood on? You know, the rallies where he shits on minorities to a cheering white crowd? Like, you know, a Klan rally. Or in 1940 Germany.

I don't know, why don't you ask black people who voted for him, then? Someone wondered why any blacks voted for Trump. I gave reasons I thought were most likely. Conservative views and the fact that he hasn't been overtly racist like he has for Mexicans may be a reason why they voted for him. That's not my opinion, though. I do think Trump is a racist piece of shit.

What a fucking idiot you are.

Are you telling me wealthier people aren't more likely to vote Republican?

Not

Banned

We're way past "worthy of impeachment" and now in "constitutional crisis" territory. A dominant political party refuses to remove the Head of State unless he stops adhering to the goals mandated to said party by the corporations they work for.

I hardly think a President suggesting he thinks a person should be fired is worthy of impeachment. To my knowledge, it's not illegal at all. Unless he were in some way trying to coerce them, of course.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't know, why don't you ask black people who voted for him, then? Someone wondered why any blacks voted for Trump. I gave reasons I thought were most likely. Conservative views and the fact that he hasn't been overtly racist like he has for Mexicans may be a reason why they voted for him. That's not my opinion, though. I do think Trump is a racist piece of shit.
Ever think that maybe they are just widely misinformed and ignorant when it comes to politics? Also maybe they don't give a fuck about standing up for other black people? You would have to REALLY reach to get to a point where you'd legitimately think Trump is in any way good for black people. The first reasons I stated are far more likely.

Not

Banned
I hardly think a President suggesting he thinks a person should be fired is worthy of impeachment. To my knowledge, it's not illegal at all. Unless he were in some way trying to coerce them, of course.

It's hypocritical of someone belonging to the Republican party, who constantly decry government interference in their private affairs. The NFL is a private enterprise.

It reveals that what Republicans actually want by "small government" is the freedom to ignore federal civil rights laws.

most likely conservative christians

I know lots of conservative Christians being a COGIC member myself. They're not voting for Trump. They're conservative on certain social issues but definitely not on economic or most political issues. No way any meaningful portion of them are voting for people like DT. 13% is a massive number to me.

We need an under cover story on these black men, tbqh. Was it sexism? Did they just like DT's "honesty"? Conspiracy theorist types? "Successful so he must be doing something right" types of thinkers? I really need to know.

I'd also like a study on the Herman Cain, Paris Dennard, Ben Carson, Clarence Thomas types.

Trump never specifically targeted blacks. Not blatantly at least. So in the eyes of some, that's good enough. The sad truth is many minorities hold ultra conservative stances (eg. pro-life) and that's more important than all the other shit he does. And I'm sure few of them must also be well off. So they are economically better off under Trump's tax plan.
The people taking a knee in protest are black (Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid; Michael Bennett has vowed to in the future). The Star-Spangled Banner mentions celebrating the deaths of black people.
And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.​
It's clear cut he's referring to the black people's silent #TakeAKnee protests.

e5f01b30-7f94-11e6-a8d5-bd8885c0c054-640x451.jpg

DKYchQ7UEAUNLyj.jpg

Kusagari

You think the President of the United States commenting on a citizens employment isn't putting major pressure on that company to fire them?

Doesn't have to be illegal for impeachment. Personally, I don't think a sitting President should be able to use him platform to go after citizens and make employment recommendations to private businesses. Congress should remove him immediately.

Mahonay

Banned
Publicly calling for the firing of someone as POTUS isn't coercion?
1RuaI5I.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
White Supremacist in Chief:

Neo Nazis kill a person: "They're not all bad"

Black guys kneel during anthem: "FIRE THEM!"

But don't you think it's poor taste to suggest another entity, company, organization to fire an employee for expressing their first amendment rights?

That's setting up a slam dunk case of an unlawful firing because ones Constitutional rights were violated.

Doesn't matter who 45 was talking about, he's supporting something unlawful.

cameron

Exactly but we aren't playing whataboutism, but it is more prevalent in the left because they play identity politics a hell of a lot more than the right; At least in recent times.
lol

Black voters having conservatives views would make more sense than the assumption that Trump hasn't been overtly racists towards black people.

A portion of Latinos voted for Trump, and you agree that he has been overtly racist towards them. A portion of Latinos voted for Trump despite all that. Then it doesn't follow to assume the reason why a portion of Black men who voted for Trump was because he wasn't overtly racist towards them.

You're right. I thought impeachment had to be a violation of the law. I'm going to abort thread as people continue to chew me out.
Aw, don't leave because of a difference of opinion.

I hope my Browns pick up Kaep. This brotha needs a job and is overqualified for a position on 75% of these teams.

Every week that goes by that Kaep isn't on a team is another week the NFL becomes that much more irredeemable to me.

All of this reminds me that even though these players make millions, they still only look at us as property or toys made available for their greater entertainment. Nothing more. Once we stop being entertaining it's suddenly a problem.

Jabronium

This might be the first Sunday in years I actually watch the games if only to see how the anthem is handled at the stadiums and in the studios.

Not

Banned
I'm going to abort thread as people continue to chew me out.

Acquiring more information from dissenting viewpoints will only make your own convictions stronger if you can successfully and rationally refute them.

Adding complexity to your opinion is never a bad thing.

Jackpot

Banned
My point was he hasn't blatantly attacked blacks.

We know that was your point. If you had clicked the link you'd have found out that the Justice Department investigated and sued him for discriminating against blacks. If that's not "blatant" then I don't know what criteria you're using.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
President of the United States personally publicly and broadly attacking freedom of speech and doubling down on it against his personal friends. Tomorrow is going to be the weirdest rubicon in political history.

We know that was your point. If you had clicked the link you'd have found out that the Justice Department investigated and sued him for discriminating against blacks. If that's not "blatant" then I don't know what criteria you're using.

You’re arguing with a Junior member from 2012 with a fraction of a post per day. He’s just going to see how far he can go without being banned.

Top Bottom