• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Barzul

DKaWyG8WkAAsDYp.jpg

Well said. Would have been nice if they called Trump out by name, but we know who they are talking about "divisive comments"!
Not full throated but better than nothing I guess

xfactor99

My boy Kaep has come a long way since pulling dumb shit like this in 2014. He seems to have matured a lot since then. I was mostly on board with his protest, and the blackballing of him has made me an even strong supporter of his cause.

If anything he's only been proven more right in his protest of racial injustice since August 2016 and his continued blackballing only reinforces that point. Not to mention the anthem protests aren't letting up; other NFL players are only continuing what he started. I think he'll go down in history one day, maybe not to the level of Muhammad Ali, but as one of the most important players who engaged in political activism of all time.

Kusagari

The fact that the NFL put out anything at all that attacks Trump, even if they didn't name him, is surprising.

I didn't expect them to do jackshit.

JABEE

This is a league divided on caring about black people despite the vast majority of NFL players being black.

From the NFL's most influential and prominent head coach on the eve of the Presidential election:

”Congratulations on a tremendous campaign," Trump read. ”You have dealt with an unbelievable slanted and negative media and have come out beautifully. You've proved to be the ultimate competitor and fighter. Your leadership is amazing. I have always had tremendous respect for you, but the toughness and perseverance you have displayed over the past year is remarkable. Hopefully tomorrow's election results will give the opportunity to Make America Great Again. Best wishes for great results tomorrow, Bill Belichick."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...iendship-not-politics/?utm_term=.dd5a747f14b8

Every person in the media should be asking Tom Brady and Bill Belichick about this situation.

DKaWyG8WkAAsDYp.jpg

Well said. Would have been nice if they called Trump out by name, but we know who they are talking about "divisive comments"!
this praises JJ watt more than defends kapernick or the anthem protests

this is not a good statement, he’s not defending the players he’s trying to get white racists to not turn off the game

meanwhile the NCAA has got to love this, no?

Allforce

Did he really say the game needs to be LESS safe? We literally had a report this week that a 27 year old had the worst case of CTE ever seen by researchers. A man who played in the NFL for 3 seasons and murdered someone over a spat at a club and later hung himself in prison.

But this moron thinks any safety measures are "ruining the game"...

YourMaster

Not only that, Trump dodged the draft like so many chicken hawks. I still say and feel if a President votes to go to war, their children should enlist. Impractical maybe but at least it removes hypocrisy.

I disagree. If you're in a war and the children of the leader of your enemy are in it, they are targeted. Killed or captured.
Your policy could very well mean that your president would be too afraid to start a war, even if really needed.

Nasbin

What's most depressing is that this shit works. Trump WANTS to see more people protesting during the anthem this weekend. He knows that a disturbing percentage of Americans will eat this shit up. Trump's racism was on full display like never before in August and his approval rating went up 2 points.

He is stoking the fires of a broken America to fuel his own marginal gains. He is a monster, plain and simple.

FyreWulff

can't say a damn thing about condemning a murderer but pulls out the full armory against a black guy for kneeling

thin skinned fuck

Two hypotheticals I get from this:

#1: Kaepernick is not even playing this year. ie, this is an easy win for His Umberocity ala the economy

#2: Some real NAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTY shit must be coming down the pipeline reguarding Trump-Russia again, and the establishments had asked the WH for comments and he heard of that. Expect oppo by Tuesday.

I would love to see many NFL players kneel this Sunday, and it'd be awesome if Kaep got picked up this week by a team. Fuck this buffoon.

Two hypotheticals I get from this:

#1: Kaepernick is not even playing this year. ie, this is an easy win for His Umberocity ala the economy

#2: Some real NAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTY shit must be coming down the pipeline reguarding Trump-Russia again, and the establishments had asked the WH for comments and he heard of that. Expect oppo by Tuesday.

A lot of nasty shit has come out this last week that is weirdly getting downplayed. All the stuff about Manafort is horribly damaging, combined with the revelation that key battleground states were targeted by Russian hackers during the 2016 election. Most places are focused on Trump's silliness over the past few days and somehow the fact that his campaign manager is about to be indicted and the nature of the FBI raid on his house isn't being blasted around the clock.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
To be fair... Kaepernick, said there was no difference between Trump and Hillary Clinton and told a lot of people that supported him not to bother to vote.

"To be fair" to Donald Goddamn Trump.

Fucking garbage. Can't stand liberals who have no allegiance to anything but the party.

Everyone in the NFL who doesn't take a knee this weekend is a fuck.

malfcn

The comments prove he is a narcissist.

"You might be the most popular guy for like a week - but they all like watching me."

Huh.

To be fair... Kaepernick, said there was no difference between Trump and Hillary Clinton and told a lot of people that supported him not to bother to vote.

To be fair, he's right. For most people yes, there is a huge difference between Trump and Hillary. For black people? Nah.

We had a black president and black citizens were still being murdered in the streets with no consequences. Maintaining status quo isn't something black people should care about.

The fact that the NFL put out anything at all that attacks Trump, even if they didn't name him, is surprising.

I didn't expect them to do jackshit.

Must be two NFL's.

Nothing they said was an attack on Trump. This is one of the more spineless statements I've seen, which is saying a ton considering we're talking about the NFL and Goodell.

Glad to see you were brave enough to show off your closet racism. Please go on about what you think about kaepernick. Voting or not voting has fuck all to do with him being black balled for sitting during the anthem. But you already knew that... Disgusting post

Top Bottom