• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I know it's a pipe dream and will never happen but I would LOVE to see players decide not to play this Sunday. That would make a VERY powerful statement. But, it's not going to happen. What I do expect is for a large number of athletes take a knee.

Trump is a real asshole though. He just can't help but insert himself in the middle of everything even if it's in a negative light. Like now he's attempting to overshadow the true meaning of why Kaep and others have been taking a knee. Now this protest seems to have shifted from being about injustice from the police to protesting Trump.

Nasbin

To be fair, he's right. For most people yes, there is a huge difference between Trump and Hillary. For black people? Nah.

We had a black president and black citizens were still being murdered in the streets with no consequences. Maintaining status quo isn't something black people should care about.

This is dumber than hell. Have you been paying any attention to what Jeff Sessions has been doing at Justice? The disproportionate amount of black people sentenced to mandatory minimums under this admin are going to care.

7 months of a Trump presidency and you privileged revolution or busters still aren't willing to own up to the consequences of your bullshit.

Glad to see you were brave enough to show off your closet racism. Please go on about what you think about kaepernick. Voting or not voting has fuck all to do with him being black balled for sitting during the anthem. But you already knew that... Disgusting post
googleplex was drunk when he posted that, so yeah he probably regrets going off on that tangent :p
You know you're right I just a little bit to drunk and pissed off to be posting on Gaf right now. I apologize for bringing it up.

gatti-man

http://abcn.ws/2fozrqf

The NFL wrecked trump :

NEW: The NFL says Pres. Donald J. Trump's "divisive" comments "demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players."

At a rally in Alabama last night, Trump slammed the NFL for what he called the league's tolerance of players showing disrespect to the U.S. http://abcn.ws/2fozrqf

This is dumber than hell. Have you been paying any attention to what Jeff Sessions has been doing at Justice? The disproportionate amount of black people sentenced to mandatory minimums under this admin are going to care.

7 months of a Trump presidency and you privileged revolution or busters still aren't willing to own up to the consequences of your bullshit.

I voted for Hillary. Sorry for my bullshit

All I'm saying is black people have had it terrible forever. On a scale of 1-10 they were at a -5, under the Trump admin probably a -7. It's really not surprising that someone wouldn't give a shit in choosing between Hillary and Trump, their life is going to be extremely rough regardless.

I expect record numbers of knee takers this week, and record coverage of the anthem during the games

The Cleveland Browns all took a knee week 1 and it barely was covered. Then again, it was the Cleveland Browns, so usually the only time you hear about them is when some QB has a record setting night against them...

krazen

I voted for Hillary. Sorry for my bullshit

All I'm saying is black people have had it terrible forever. On a scale of 1-10 they were at a -5, under the Trump admin probably a -7. It's really not surprising that someone wouldn't give a shit in choosing between Hillary and Trump, their life is going to be extremely rough regardless.

"Forever" is a bit extreme; while in 2017 we get still shot by cops arbitrarily with no legal recourse, suffer under the 'new jim crow' prison industrial complex, and are behind in pretty much every social and economic barometer...we aren't getting forbidden from drinking from the same water fountains as a white person, nahmean? LOL.

Our gains have been in MUCH smaller steps then any humane society should allow, but to say the needle hasn't been moved is disingenuous. It also builds a sense of apathy where we don't factor that the needle can also move back as which we've seen with overt racism becoming normalized as it was during the lynching days.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
People say I have to respect him because I have to respect the office, but I say I don't have to respect the office if he's the kind of person that can attain it.
The better response would be to say that it's because we respect the office so highly that we demand much, much, MUCH better of him. This petty, divisive bigotry should be so far beneath the office.

Sianos

Criticising anyone who doesn't do exactly what you want them to do while the national anthem is playing. Who does that sound like?
what is "context"?

personally, i hope to see solidarity among the NFL players to show that their peaceful protests will not be silenced by the braying of an ignorant fool playing at being president

MechaX

The NFL wrecked trump :

NEW: The NFL says Pres. Donald J. Trump's "divisive" comments "demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players."

At a rally in Alabama last night, Trump slammed the NFL for what he called the league's tolerance of players showing disrespect to the U.S. http://abcn.ws/2fozrqf

Trump has somehow managed to make Goodell seem like the good guy in this situation

I can't even

Can’t say ive looked forward to a Sunday as much as tomorrow in a long time! I hope half the league sits, raise fists, does whatever. Should be fascinating to see the fallout.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

The NFL wrecked trump :

He’s not just disrespecting Kaep, or the NFL or football. He’s disrespecting the first amendment of the constitution and even the Trumpiest fucknard should understand this means them too.

They won’t but they should.

Zyae

"To be fair" to Donald Goddamn Trump.

Fucking garbage. Can't stand liberals who have no allegiance to anything but the party.

Everyone in the NFL who doesn't take a knee this weekend is a fuck.
This is almost as stupid as Trump's comments

The NFL wrecked trump :

However the owners feel, he definitely gave the league no choice but to rebuke him and hope to mitigate the damage that could be done on Sunday to their image. Attacking players expressing concern for a known issue in society...in a league that is majority black and the most profitable sport in the country...gotta be some fear that this hurts their bottom line.

It will be hurt further thanks to DT.

LOL BOTH SIDES

How are people still posting this stupid shit

With my keyboard? Fuck me, amirite? Just because I believe in people expressing themselves how they want. I believe in Kaepernick's and all the other players refusal to stand for national anthem for whatever reasons they want as much as I believe in all the other players who choose to stand for whatever reasons they want. But I guess that makes me an alt-right, Trump supporting cuck, amirite?

kess

I love how all the good christians who cheered "son of a bitch" are going to go apeshit when half the NFL protests in silence.

chaos789

Banned
He says this after he colluded with the Russian government to win the election. Anyone who still supports this asshole is lacking any semblence of common sense or human decency.

JABEE

Trump sure does a good job of galvanizing opposition against him.

Jeff Darlington said:
Tomorrow has potential to be a very memorable day across the NFL as many players are extremely emotional about Donald Trump comments.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/911630628029911040

Jeff Darlington said:
Sources tell me Bills locker room, for instance, has been very emotional today as some players consider several possibilities for protest.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/911630753649348610

With my keyboard? Fuck me, amirite? Just because I believe in people expressing themselves how they want. I believe in Kaepernick's and all the other players refusal to stand for national anthem for whatever reasons they want as much as I believe in all the other players who choose to stand for whatever reasons they want. But I guess that makes me an alt-right, Trump supporting cuck, amirite?

Throwing a temper tantrum after being called out for saying something really stupid?

WHO DOES THAT SOUND LIKE

amirite

Afrikan

To be fair... Kaepernick, said there was no difference between Trump and Hillary Clinton and told a lot of people that supported him not to bother to vote.

He said one is openly racist, and the other has made racist remarks.

The Bold part is not true.

psyfi

Banned
Trump is such a fucking low life, it's unbelievable. We need to support Kap and get Trump and his goons out of office. Like, really.

Deku Tree

This Trump statement is the worst. Horrible. Hopefully every player in the NFL protests during the national anthem tomorrow.

I honestly don’t know. Is Kap being black balled right now by NFL owners? Should he have a job in the NFL based on his performance on the field? Or not? I am honestly interested to know the facts.

chaos789

Banned
Lol at some of those comments. "The NFL as it once was is over".

Oh noes, some Black folks aren't standing for the 3 minute anthem, I can no longer enjoy the following 3 hours of this game.

They are more concerned with people standing for the athem than they are about climate change, Trump undoing laws and regulations protecting the environment, defending Nazi/KKK after they killed a woman and injured 19 others, and of course the fact the evidence is mounting he is guilty of colluding with Russia during the election. It would take a week to call out all the horrible shit this adminstration has done since being in office for 9 months.

This Trump statement is the worst. Horrible.

I honestly don’t know. Is Kap being black balled right now by NFL owners? Should he have a job in the NFL based on his performance on the field? Or not? I am honestly interested to know the facts.

Without a doubt yes.

There are multiple teams currently starting far worse QBs than Kaep.

Is he an elite QB? Nope. Is he worthy of a starting job in a 32-team league? Yes.

Dishwalla

Banned
This Trump statement is the worst. Horrible.

Yes. There are a few teams right now that would benefit by having Kaep signed, first one that comes to mind is the Vikings.

Top Bottom