• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Trans Soldiers now barred from the military entirely

FyreWulff

Wow, you're so insightful. I bet your next obvious statement will be 1 + 1 = 2. I worked for that check and paid taxes on the monies received.

I'm stopping right here, the Mods around these parts and the gaming side, tend to use the ban on me because I don't fall in line so, I'm out.

So money magically becomes not-taxpayer funded because it was in a check cut to you instead of a smaller check cut to a doctor

We need to save money on the Trans medicines and operations so we can bomb empty runways in Syria with Tomahawks for $1.4 million a pop.

#priorities

Wow, you're so insightful. I bet your next obvious statement will be 1 + 1 = 2. I worked for that check and paid taxes on the monies received.

I'm stopping right here, the Mods around these parts and the gaming side, tend to use the ban on me because I don't fall in line so, I'm out.

Someone is a special snowflake

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Tend to? You're a junior, any ban is a permaban, you wouldn't be saying you've been perma on multiple accounts, would you?

Alucrid

Banned

i'm sure that's the reason. why are all these grown men so scared to post if they're not transphobic, homophobic or racist?

They ban you because you have shit posts. Junior bans are permanent, so what was your previous username?

One of my menial jobs in Basic was to throw away some shit so they could order more right before the deadline to justify their budget going forward. Don't talk to us about a drop in the bucket expenses-wise.

danthefan

A cost of a single F-35 will pay for the gender surgeries of any veteran for 100 years.

When you hear a conservative talking about "bootstraps" in any way shape or form, its a dog whistle.

I don't really think this is the right approach, the entire point of the military is to have things like F-35s.

The guy is just a bigot. Are active trans people going to be kicked out of the military now?

ZeoVGM

Banned

Uh... And how many times have you been banned as a junior?

Vindicis

Banned
Friendly debates should be limited to stuff like Marvel vs. DC.

"Should trans people have the same rights as everyone else" is not a topic of debate.

The idea that you can't have a friendly debate about politics is absurd. I've had thousands of debates with my left leaning friends prior to the Trump era without any broken furniture or smashed windows. You're twisting my statement into one specific topic.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
The man is an absolute shit. He's made of ignorance and hatred.
True. And we must focus on the real body rather than the front facing puppet. This is much much bigger than Trump. This very hatred and ignorance is ingrained in the very DNA that this nation was founded on and will keep lashing out/manifesting in different forms until the root cause is addressed and fixed.

Kthulhu

Maybe if you actually backed up your opinions on how you think the world should work with data to support them then you wouldn't get banned so much.

I'm sure it's because you don't fall in line, lol.

You didn't answer my question. What exactly is your policy stance here? You don't think the military should pay for any surgery?

What a child.

"they hurt my tender fee-fees. I'm going to run back to my safe space now"

Coward

Nah keep goin'

Also how would you know about being banned, you're a Junior, junior bans are perm o.o

Trust me, I have been here since the early 2000's, recently because I didn't capitulate over on the gaming side, I was banned and reduced to thread starting privileges revoked and called a teen-ager because I don't fall in line and my beliefs differ from some.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Good riddance you bigot.

Trust me, I have been here since the early 2000's, recently because I didn't capitulate over on the gaming side, I was banned and reduced to thread starting privileges revoked and called a teen-ager because I don't fall in line and my beliefs differ from some.

HOMIE I THOUGHT YOU WERE OUT

arab

I don't really think this is the right approach, the entire point of the military is to have things like F-35s.

The guy is just a bigot. Are active trans people going to be kicked out of the military now?

it's to put into perspective how insignificant this amount of spending is compared to the larger scheme of military spending. it's less than a drop in a massive bucket.

iammeiam

OléGunner;244544055 said:
Gooooose, post if your ok bruh.
OT I think Trump's just distracting ya'll, notwithstanding the vile comments and chalking this up to medical cost saving (vomits)

He's off ranting about Sessions now.

The fundamental problem is that even if he is just doing this as a distraction, people still need to outright reject it for the horribly cruel and bigoted move that it is. We can't just ignore it to focus on Russia, because this shit is not okay either in a vacuum or in context as a distraction.

It's the old "I could walk up to a guy on 5th Avenue and shoot him" thing playing out differently; Trump shooting a guy on 5th Avenue would get forgiven by a disgusting percentage of his supporters, but a decent chunk of his detractors would just say he's doing it to distract from Russia.

This is wrong. This is not what this country is supposed to be. If he's a horrible enough human being to try this shit to distract from his other failings, it's just reason to yell longer and louder about both. But the President just announced intention to ban transgender people from the military via Tweets; I don't care what his motivation was, it's reprehensible and deserves all of anger and reaction it's getting.

I didn't attempt to offer one, I don't have one as I said because I don't agree with this decision. My response was in regards to people expecting some sort of Republican response to ANY of the political threads around here lately.

It doesn't concern you that the ideologies of your party do not allow you to speak about them or agree with them while still remaining within the realm of human decency to not get banned from a website?

Shouldn't you maybe step back and think about that maybe it's not GAF being heavy handed on rules, but rather maybe what your party believes in isn't really something any decent human being should agree with?

What exactly can someone from your party post in a thread, for example, showing that the GOP healthcare reform would take insurance away from 20 million people, mostly poor and elderly? Or in this thread?

Wamb0wneD

And Transgender people wouldn't work for that check and pay taxes?

Slayven

Don't you long for the days when two white men could get on TV and calmly discuss/laugh about the right way to handle the growing homosexual problem the right way "minorities" can be allowed into the workforce without upsetting good upstanding Americans?

For that i just can watch women health policy debate

That's annoying, I know plenty of teenagers with more informed and less bigoted opinions than you.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

Please leave and stop responding since you said you would

danthefan

it's to put into perspective how insignificant this amount of spending is compared to the larger scheme of military spending. it's less than a drop in a massive bucket.

Yeah that's fair enough, it's a negligible cost in the grand scheme of the military budget for sure.

They ban you because you have shit posts.

One of my menial jobs in Basic was to throw away some shit so they could order more right before the deadline to justify their budget going forward. Don't talk to us about a drop in the bucket expenses-wise.

Yup.

This is how the military is all the time. Throw shit away to justify the annual budget.

linkboy

Fucking Reddit. Half the posts on there defending the decision on the front page... fucking alt right assholes thinking that they are being reasonable. This has absolutely nothing to do with costs or making anything more efficient. This is outright bigotry and political pandering.

I've been following it on the Air Force Reddit and it's not that bad. One person going on about how it should be covered, but he's being shut down.

collige

Banned
Does he even have the authority to announce such a change unilaterally or is this gonna be like the travel ban where the courts get all in his ass?

Is a sex change a medical necessity?
"sex change" is an vastly oversimplifying term for transitioning, but the tldr answer is yes.

Let me guess, your a gamergator?

Iolo

CNN is reporting that Pentagon had no idea about the ban. Trump was referring to his Army Soldiers action figures.

In reality, its probably a political move designed to shore up a typical Republican base.

It doesn't matter what the Pentagon knew about this unless they now push back.

5818b1d9150000d80453109b.jpeg

Look at his face....he was bullshitting the whole time and couldnt even hide it

Yo I thought you called it quits

Voat is always recruiting fresh sharp minds like yours

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
On the bright side, transgender enrolment in the military was not at issue a few hours ago.

Now it's going to be a talking point for weeks, months, and even years, and since trans identity has fuck all with the ability to serve, it's eventually going to be accepted in policy.

There's a long fight ahead, but Trump just put this issue on the map. Thank the orange cheeto for shining a light on a marginal identity issue.

Very curious who. I'd be surprised if all that many Generals really gave a shit about it when you get down to things.

"You know what I want? Less soldiers."

Hm, when you put it that way...

Well that's easy, many here have become blinded with rage in the Trump era (rightly so or not) and are no longer open to discussion or tolerant of any other ideas apart from their own. Honestly, I think some have become the very monsters they sought to slay.

Oh no, now WE are the monsters because we don't listen to "other ideas"!

itCabw2.jpg

Why won't we listen to "other ideas"? All ideas are of equal merit, after all!

Did any Republican congresswomen or congressmen make a statement about this yet?

You been banned before junior?

RDreamer

Is a sex change a medical necessity?

Yes:

MEDICAL NECESSITY is a term common to health care coverage and insurance policies in the United States. A common definition of medical necessity as used by insurers is:

“[H]ealth care services that a Physician, exercising prudent clinical judgment, would provide to a patient for the purpose of preventing, evaluating, diagnosing or treating an illness, injury, disease or its symptoms, and that are: (a) in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice; (b) clinically appropriate, in terms of type, frequency, extent, site and duration, and considered effective for the patient’s illness, injury, or disease; and (c) not primarily for the convenience of the patient, physician, or other health care provider, and not more costly than an alternative service or sequence of services at least as likely to produce equivalent therapeutic or diagnostic results as to the diagnosis or treatment of that patient’s illness, injury or disease.

“Generally accepted standards of medical practice means standards that are based on credible scientific evidence published in peer-reviewed medical literature generally recognized by the relevant medical community, Physician Specialty Society recommendations and the views of Physicians practicing in relevant clinical areas and any other relevant factors.”4

The current Board of Directors of the WPATH herewith expresses its considered opinion based on clinical and peer reviewed evidence that gender affirming/confirming treatments and surgical procedures, properly indicated and performed as provided by the Standards of Care, have proven to be beneficial and effective in the treatment of individuals with transsexualism or gender dysphoria. Gender affirming/confirming surgery, also known as sex reassignment surgery, plays an undisputed role in contributing toward favorable outcomes. Treatment includes legal name and sex or gender change on identity

watershed

Banned

Genuine advice: stop posting in this thread. You don't want to get banned and this thread is about Trump's new policy, not you. Save yourself and save the discussion.

Top Bottom