• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkOne

Uh, found this thread at the perfect time.
Finished Twin Peaks Season 1 yesterday. GOD DAMN. So perfect. (I can see what some might consider flaws, but I just loved everything about it)

Also watching Game of Thrones. Looking to finish this before Twin Peaks S2… Liking it so far (Episode 4).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished the first season of True Blood. I really hope Tara gets written out early on in s2, because every storyline and even scene with her (and her mother) is cringeworthy, such annoying characters. Not exactly hooked on the show itself either, expected more of it. I'll keep watching, hoping it gets better.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Breaking Bad Season 3 episodes 1, 2, and 3:

What a strangely amazing intro for season 3. I hope they explain why all of those people were crawling on the ground. And where were they going, some sort of shrine?

So now the wife knows everything, well almost everything, that Walter has done, and yep, she's having an affair. I wonder if Walter will do anything to the guy she's having an affair with...

Tuco's cousins are part of the Mexican cartel and they're after Walt! Yes! Those guys are crazy, and the taco owner guys is so...emotionless. Creepy.

Great start to season 3 so far!

Blader

Finally finished all three seasons of Parks and Recreation.

What a lovely show. I don't think I've ever described anything on TV as "lovely" before, but this show just makes me happy. Can't wait for S4 to start.

ezekial45

Banned
RatskyWatsky said:

What a strangely amazing intro for season 3. I hope they explain why all of those people were crawling on the ground. And where were they going, some sort of shrine?

So now the wife knows everything, well almost everything, that Walter has done, and yep, she's having an affair. I wonder if Walter will do anything to the guy she's having an affair with...

Tuco's cousins are part of the Mexican cartel and they're after Walt! Yes! Those guys are crazy, and the taco owner guys is so...emotionless. Creepy.

Great start to season 3 so far!

You ain't seen nothing yet. :)

satriales

RatskyWatsky said:

It doesn't get mentioned again but the basic idea is that the two hitmen worship the shrine and by placing the picture of Heisenberg there it shows they are about to begin a mission to kill Walt and that the statue will help them with their mission.

big ander

zychi said:
Just curious about this.

Do you guys tend to revisit a show after a watch?
If not, assuming you purchased them somehow and aren't streaming them/doing it another way, what do you do with the dvds/blurays?
Do you keep them in your collection or sell them after?

The only show I own right now is Lost, and that's because I want to go through it again in a few years. I've sold off my Sopranos dvds, Wire dvd, Breaking Bad, and Fringe blurays. I'm the type of person who watches something once and is done with it. With a few exceptions like my top 10 favorite movies.
I rewatch episodes of Scrubs, Arrested Development, Party Down, ("classic") The Office and Parks and Recreation all the time.
I don't really rewatch my Fringe or Lost or The Shiled discs.
So it depends on the show. Personally, though, I love just having all of the series physically.

Salazar

FNL S3

Fuck yeah Six. Feels good. And in the same ep, fuck yeah Riggins and fuck yeah Saracen.

And as always, fuck yeah Coach.

TripOpt55

zychi said:
Just curious about this.

If not, assuming you purchased them somehow and aren't streaming them/doing it another way, what do you do with the dvds/blurays?

The only show I own right now is Lost, and that's because I want to go through it again in a few years. I've sold off my Sopranos dvds, Wire dvd, Breaking Bad, and Fringe blurays. I'm the type of person who watches something once and is done with it. With a few exceptions like my top 10 favorite movies.
I rewatch them a lot. At least certain shows. I pretty much watch shows either live/on DVR and via DVD sets (I don't have Netflix or download stuff really), so I buy quite a few. Some I buy because I love the shows and those I tend to rewatch. Some I buy to watch because I haven't seen them. Those are kind of hit or miss. Sometimes after watching I realize I may not be back to them. But I like to have the collection of them. I don't watch the sets in their entirety again too often, but an episode here there or a little arc I like, I will do a lot. Fringe, Scrubs and The OC are ones I rewatch some of pretty often. Usually between watching seasons of stuff I haven't seen, I will watch a few old favorite episodes or something.

zychi said:
Just curious about this.

Only Doctor Who, the DCAU, and old 90's Ghostbusters cartoons. I only rewatch stuff that I absolutely love AND I can leave on while I do stuff on my computer.

Timber

Any there any worthwhile episodes, or even scenes, of Twin Peaks past s2e9? I'd heard about the lull before I started watching, but I never thought it would be this dismal. I'm in the middle of episode 14 now and all this unfocused nonsense is starting to sour my experience, so now I'm figuring I should just watch the finale.

big ander

Timber said:
Any there any worthwhile episodes, or even scenes, of Twin Peaks past s2e9? I'd heard about the lull before I started watching, but I never thought it would be this dismal. I'm in the middle of episode 14 now and all this unfocused nonsense is starting to sour my experience, so now I'm figuring I should just watch the finale.
Eh, I'd just power through it. I still think the 7 episodes you're considering skipping are worth it.

Timber

big ander said:
Eh, I'd just power through it. I still think the 7 episodes you're considering skipping are worth it.
Are they worth it in the same sense that episodes 10 through 14 are worth it, or is there an upsurge of quality of some kind? Because I'm hating just about everything that's happening right now.

big ander

Timber said:
Are they worth it in the same sense that episodes 10 through 14 are worth it, or is there an upsurge of quality of some kind? Because I'm hating just about everything that's happening right now.
Been over a year since I watched the series, but if I recall I thought the show hit bottom around episode 15 followed by a slight upswing in quality for the rest of the season until the awesome finale.

Timber

big ander said:
Been over a year since I watched the series, but if I recall I thought the show hit bottom around episode 15 followed by a slight upswing in quality for the rest of the season until the awesome finale.
All right, thanks. I'm gonna keep watching but damned if I'm ever going to care what James is doing.

Quick

Banned
I'm going through Arrested Development again. Bought the DVDs at Future Shop for $12 each, if anyone's interested.

AIRic

Started watching Community on Netflix last night. I have to say that the two first episodes left a great impression.

JaskoX1

Banned
Been watching Breaking Bad, went through all 3 seasons in a week I loved it so much. Gotta get caught up on S4.

Heisenberg!

JaskoX1

Banned
Smelly Tramp said:
Been watching community lately, shit is hilarious.

I love Pierce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MgNcE8mRM0
Piece is awesome. I only got tired of Abed when watching episodes back-to-back.

2r4sadt.jpg

awww crap double post, my social skills aren't exactly streets ahead

Timber

tv is such a fragile house of cards medium

like you're so invested in something and then the whole thing comes tumbling down

what a shit

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Breaking Bad Season 3 episodes 4-13:

Whoa

Season 4 episodes 1-3:

Pretty good start to the season so far. Slow, but good. Walt and Jesse's situation seems completely hopeless. No idea how this season will pan out.

But now I have to wait a week for each episode like everyone else! Argh! >__<

UrbanRats

Started Luther the other day.
Only watched the premiere so far. Pretty nice, although it has a few cop-show clichès.

When i saw Indira Varma, i thought: "well, at least she's cheating on Lucius Vorenus with Stringer Bell" but then she cheated on Stringer Bell, too.. damn you woman!
Idris Elba is amazing, although i didn't understand the
"she's the killer 'cause she didn't yawn back", WTF? It's not like 100% contagious.

big ander

Timber said:
tv is such a fragile house of cards medium

like you're so invested in something and then the whole thing comes tumbling down

what a shit
I'm guessing the remainder of season 2 Twin Peaks is not going well :lol

big ander

Cornballer said:
- New Extended trailer for "Homeland"

It will air on Showtime following the Dexter premiere on October 2nd. Claire Danes and Damien Lewis star in it along with Morena Baccarin and Mandy Patinkin. Looks interesting.
Trailer looked alright. I was happy to read that, if there's a season 2, they'll just use the same characters in a new plot. So there's no possibility for a "The Killing" situation here.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cornballer said:

It will air on Showtime following the Dexter premiere on October 2nd. Claire Danes and Damien Lewis star in it along with Morena Baccarin and Mandy Patinkin. Looks interesting.

I watched a trailer a while ago, I think they showed one at comic con or something but it was fairly recent. Anyway, it was not on my radar at all, mainly due to the plot synopsis not being my cup of tea, but the trailer makes the show look really exciting so I'll try to check it out when it premieres.

big ander

UrbanRats said:
Concept is interesting, but i don't see it working as a long serial.
Maybe a miniseries of say, 2, 5-episodes seasons, but not more.
Exactly; the first season is only 12 episodes and then the possible 2nd season would be the same characters in a completely new story, according to the showrunners.

Brian Fellows said:
Homeland looks interesting but when are the bastards going to show us something from House of Lies?
House of Lies premieres in January 2012 paired with Californication and Shameless, so presumably we'll see a trailer or something later this year.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cornballer said:
House of Lies premieres in January 2012 paired with Californication and Shameless, so presumably we'll see a trailer or something later this year.

AHHHH ok. I thought it was going to be on this fall. Never mind then.

TripOpt55

I finished Damages Season 3 a little while back (may have mentioned this... I forget). Pretty good season overall.

Also, started up Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy. I was going to wait for the DVDs, but FX is showing some repeats late at night once a week, so I recorded them last night and started watching them.

big ander said:
Exactly; the first season is only 12 episodes and then the possible 2nd season would be the same characters in a completely new story, according to the showrunners.
Cause that worked out so well for Heroes.

big ander

FilthyLies said:
Eh, in my mind Heroes only sort of did that. And it did it wrong. Plenty of other shows have done it and pulled it off fairly well. Hell, 24 pretty much did and this is made by these people.
I guess what I'm saying is, I wouldn't blame the awfulness of Heroes on the seasonal plot structure.
Smelly Tramp said:
Abed is by far the worst character. Not one funny line from that boy.
Eight seasons and a movie!

Cornballer said:

Haha. That's pretty similar to the rumored original premise for 24 Season 6. Jack Bauer brainwashed by the Chinese and carrying out attacks on US soil.

Looks like it will be a good conspiracy thriller. I'll tuning in for Danes and Lewis alone.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
FilthyLies said:

To be fair, with Heroes, the original plan was to select a brand new cast with each season. They copped out of that idea due to the popularity of the characters. With Homeland, this seems to be what they had in mind from the beginning.

UrbanRats

FilthyLies said:
Whether it worked or not for Heroes, you cannot have multiple seasons on a single mystery.
It gets tiresome and the characters are bound to act like dumbasses, to "not find out".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom