• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight Night 81 - Dillashaw vs Cruz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

I can't believe TJ thought he won. At BEST he should have thought it was a toss up, but he really thought he won that.

Time for UFC to go the way of boxing and fade out. Dancing and running back the whole time is not a champion.

I didn't care who win but this dude is as "exciting" as Mayweather. Run run run till you win the match.

The sport is as much about not getting hit as it is about landing strikes, if the guy is running then run after him and land a shot

Time for UFC to go the way of boxing and fade out. Dancing and running back the whole time is not a champion.

I didn't care who win but this is as "exciting" as Mayweather. Run run run till you win the match.

I can't stand mayweather fights but if you don't enjoy Cruz's footwork you're insane. Also, he threw just as many strikes and took him down more. That wins fights. This wasn't a Mayweather fight, this was Cruz Control.

TJ's leg kicks were the most significant strikes in the fight, which became prevalent in the 3rd round and onward.

I don't think it's a robbery or anything, but a shitty way to crown a new champ. In such a close fight where TJ was the aggressor and did the most damage, the champ should've got the nod.

I just don't think Cruz did enough at all.

Leg Kicks that don't lead to shit actually happening are no more valuable than strikes to the body/head that don't lead to shit happening.

TJ's leg kicks were the most significant strikes in the fight, which became prevalent in the 3rd round and onward.

I don't think it's a robbery or anything, but a shitty way to crown a new champ. In such a close fight where TJ was the aggressor and did the most damage, the champ should've got the nod.

I just don't think Cruz did enough at all.

Cruz took TJ down a few times, which never happened to TJ before. TJ's big misses looked awful at times as well.

BadAss2961

Works for Mayweather I guess...
Mayweather doesn't usually run though, he's elusive in the pocket. He also wins his fights in much clearer fashion than this since he's never hit enough to be hurt or lose championship rounds like Cruz did.

Probably because he thought he won the fight. When you're in there you don't have the luxury that we do when watching.

I know that. I'm talking about the decision. He should have saw that coming. Never leave it to the judges. It was his own fault for not pushing the fight more. Sure Cruz' punches and movement frustrated Trillashaw but he should have known that Cruz has a busted knee and should have targeted that knee from the start instead of headhunting.

I know that for the rematch, Trillashaw will start targeting the leg more and put more pressure when fighting Cruz.

I have Trillashaw winning the rematch tbh.

Guru-Guru

Banned

I didn't care who win but this dude is as "exciting" as Mayweather. Run run run till you win the match.
There's plenty of exciting champions: McGregor, Lawler, Werdum, RDA, JJ, and so on. Stop being so dramatic?

Remf

It was close, but I had Cruz winning it. Pettis sucks. He's too damn passive when he's against the cage and ground

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
NervousXtian
I'm an idiot
(Today, 12:47 AM)

lol. sorry dude, I had to. Both were pretty close fights.

Yeah, they both were... just on both I had the other guy. Good fight though.. I mean Cruz/Dilla... Pettis/Alvarez was terrible.

FUME5

You need another juice box or something?

dabig2

Pettis/Alvarez and Travis Browne/Mitrione fight were fucking horrible. I hope no casuals watched this card, because they might never watch a UFC product again and I wouldn't blame em.

-MD-

Brett Okamoto took the L of the night.

Scored the first 3 rounds for Dillashaw, then the last two for Cruz. Just...what?

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/688956955285688320

Dude's trolling, Sal D'Amato takes the L.

mmEAFzs.png

Guru-Guru

Banned
Just checked out the fight metric and they have TJ landing 76 of 313 (24%) significant strikes (97 of 335 total), whereas Cruz had 82 of 226 (36%) significant strikes (92 of 236 total). Cruz had 4 takedowns and TJ had just 1.

Edit: for whatever reason fight metric is missing the 5th round, which makes the above stats not complete I guess.

zewone

I hated Pettis/Alvarez too, but that was more UFC rules rewarding stalling and grinding than being a bad decision.

More of a judging issue. As you can tell by the score being all over the place in the title fight and Pettis/Eddie also being a split decision.

There's really nothing you can do when it comes down to some guys opinion.

The leg kicks were the story in the championship rounds. Cruz slowed down and was visibly hurt by them.

Which would've mattered had they led to something meaningful. TJ never captilized on them so wtf do they really matter in the course of the fight? TJ had moments where he pressed but so did Cruz and Cruz secured more takedowns.

Round by Round Cruz took the first 3. 4th a toss up and 5th Dillashaw.

Panzon

Happy Cruz won. Not a huge fan of the guy but after being through so much and apparently having another tough injury I can't help but feel good for the guy.

Don't know why TJ thought he clearly won that but I'm sure hell get back to the top contender spot in no time.

I don't wanna see a rematch or Cruz/Faber 3 "/

BadAss2961

Which would've mattered had they led to something meaningful. TJ never captilized on them so wtf do they really matter in the course of the fight? TJ had moments where he pressed but so did Cruz and Cruz secured more takedowns.

Round by Round Cruz took the first 3. 4th a toss up and 5th Dillashaw.
Of course the kicks lead to something meaningful, they hurt Cruz. Hurt him far more than anything else hurt either fighter in the fight.

That's like saying someone landed stiff jabs all night, but it didn't lead to a knockdown or a finish so they shouldn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom