• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFL Football announced | Free to play. Coming to all major gaming consoles

Announced during Gamescom's Opening Night Live, UFL is a football simulation set up as a global online football league in which "players will be able to create their own football clubs made up of more than 5000 licensed footballers and compete with other gamers worldwide to prove their skills and climb to the very top of the league."
It comes from a new studio, Strikerz Inc., set up to make it. A developer introduced the game as "Fair to play", with an emphasis on player skill. It is being developed in Unreal Engine, and a release date will be announced "soon".

“The game will be available for free and we will regularly add new features and updates with no mandatory payments or yearly fees,” Strikerz Inc. says in a press release. “The game is designed to be a fair to play experience that implies a skill-first approach and zero pay-to-win options.”

“We are football fans and passionate gamers — we have been playing football video games for years and we know exactly what people want to see in a football simulator,” says Eugene Nashilov, CEO at Strikerz Inc. “We want to reinvent football video gaming from the ground up, offering players around the world a revolutionary, exciting and fair to play experience.”

So, looking up info for this, I discovered that apparently there's an entire league of american football with the same UFL title.
Probably won't be an issue since the audience for either will probably never mix them up, but still. Odd choice from the devs

Quasicat

I saw “football” and got excited about a competitor to the current yearly release, then I remember that Gamecom is going on right now and realize I’m thinking of American football.

south park sad panda GIF

Aenima

Curious to see how many clubs and leagues will be oficial licenced in this game. Its hard to compete against Fifa if u lack oficial licences.

reksveks

Curious to see how many clubs and leagues will be oficial licenced in this game. Its hard to compete against Fifa if u lack oficial licences.
We all know the answer to that question, the real question is how easy will it be to have custom teams?

Great Hair

Banned
Strikerz Inc. is a videogame-creating collective and an international gaming brand launched in 2016 by a handful of people involved with online football. Currently, there are 200+ of us spread over 5 regional offices in various locations across Europe or working from home (yes, we love it too). Strikerz Inc. is the force behind the UFL, the ongoing online football videogame revolution. Being fans, we aim at offering our players an unprecedented gaming experience available on all major platforms.

By using state-of-the-art services and technology stack, we create a game that runs on the cutting edge of the tech. We take our users, their experience and dreams seriously, so we get behind them. No corporate bollocks, the game is made by fans, and we want it to set the bar and live up to the expectations.

Worldwide Publisher with offices in Cyprus, Belarus, Ukraine, and Lithuania

Vizor Games prolly the maker behind it ... mobile games only portfolio.

Step Brothers Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Konami has the FIFPro rights
EA has the Fifa rights
UFL has the ....

Azurro

Banned
I saw “football” and got excited about a competitor to the current yearly release, then I remember that Gamecom is going on right now and realize I’m thinking of American football.

south park sad panda GIF

Yeah, it's really confusing, that's why the americans should take one for the team and rebrand their sport to American Handegg. :p

On topic, this could be interesting, although part of the appeal of football games is to be able to play as Juve (which I haven't even been able to do in FIFA for a couple of years now).

On topic, this could be interesting, although part of the appeal of football games is to be able to play as Juve (which I haven't even been able to do in FIFA for a couple of years now).
Haha
What, does Piemonte not have the same ring to it?
Does your heart not beat for the old lady when you see that calcio emblem?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Strikerz Inc. - the studio behind upcoming brand new football game on the market - called UFL has already published few short clips from their game. they are showcasing in-game footage of three popular fooyball players. Let's compare them with the same models in FIFA 22 and PES 2021 Season Update (unfortunately these players are not available at this point in eFootball).

Please note FIFA 22 was captured onPS4 / PS5 for Oleksandr Zinchenko and Xbox Series X for rest of players.

Timestamps
Oleksandr Zinchenko 00:00
Roberto Firmino 02:22
Romelu Lukaku 04:42

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It looks cool. At least some people trying to do their best to deliver a good football game. That's new since pes 6 or fifa 14.

Azurro

Banned

south park sad panda GIF

You should switch the name of the american sport, it just makes things confusing. I propose American Handegg, or Concussion Ball. :)

Top Bottom