• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 direct feed screens

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
John_B said:
You know, you wil be fed these bullshots
Come one now, Uncharted had the exact same screenshot treatment and the game ended up looking essentially the same, just with some more aliasing that you'd never even pay attention to while the game was in motion. Who cares... This is realtime stuff, you can see shadow aliasing and all.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Ill probably try to team up with the Kitton.
I think I'll have to make another theme and countdown for this as well. Hell, ND deserves way more hype for Uncharted that they get (other than GAF I mean).

Ello

I'm going to post this again since it got lost in the other thread.

Did anyone else notice how Drake is holding the gun on the soldier? Is there some awsome stealth gameplay going on here?

5kn9s7.jpg

John_B said:
You know, you wil be fed these bullshots and this pre-renderd shit for the rest of your gaming life, because you people eat it up. How do you think the unveiling of Playstation 4 is going to look like? One pre-rendered fuck fest, all real-time of course.

I don't blame them much though, they can't even show early work, because gamers will freak out: omg it looks like shit, no buy!. It's a necessary evil to make games appear better looking than what they really are because of how gamers respond.

I bought it, I completed it on Difficult. I have a level 8 Spec-Ops.

All you need to do is look at the gun in your character's hand and see what kind of weird lighting/shadowing that is going on. Why is my gun dark as a black hole when I'm a brightly lid elevator. Please, Resistance 2 looks nothing like the bullshots.

You need to chill out man. The screen shots are clean, yes, but its not like what they are showing is far fetched.

TheExodu5

Banned
Also note: the Resistance 2 screens were not bullshots, they were target renders or artwork. That was quite obvious when looking at some of the shots (especially the one with the giant four-legged mechano thing). The game didn't look near that...though the final area did look pretty awesome.

Esch

Banned
The troll legion is rising :[

Would be nice if arne confirmed realtime so we could discuss this stuff in peace.

MirageDwarf said:
PS3 does beat 360 in raw power though. It's just that only Sony studios have any reasons to invest resources to tap it to as much as possible.
ROAR POWAR

and lol at John B.

high res in game shots for magazine spreads are not remotely similar to bullshots.

Ranger X

So many people still not understanding it's no CG there? The only thing you will no see while playing is that pic with Nathan's face in full detail. This is the real-time cut-scene version (looks better than the "while playing" model).

And mega-lol at the Pixar comment. So you can't see how Wall-E looks like 10 times better than those screens?

Holy fuck. That looks amazing. Maybe I finally will get around to playing Uncharted, the sloppy gunplay mechanics never appeased me, but the platforming amused me, and it was definitely one of the prettier games for the time.

Let's just hope they get the shooter parts of Uncharted 2 down.

AFreak

Banned
R Squared said:
Holy fuck. That looks amazing. Maybe I finally will get around to playing Uncharted, the sloppy gunplay mechanics never appeased me, but the platforming amused me, and it was definitely one of the prettier games for the time.

Let's just hope they get the shooter parts of Uncharted 2 down.

They had those parts down in Uncharted 1.

PSGames

My god this game looks unbelievable. The first one looks amazing aswell. Less shooting more Platforming this time please!!! :D

AFreak said:
They had those parts down in Uncharted 1.

No they didn't. The shooting sections were easily the worst parts of Uncharted.

Raistlin

John_B said:
You know, you wil be fed these bullshots and this pre-renderd shit for the rest of your gaming life, because you people eat it up. How do you think the unveiling of Playstation 4 is going to look like? One pre-rendered fuck fest, all real-time of course.

I don't blame them much though, they can't even show early work, because gamers will freak out: omg it looks like shit, no buy!. It's a necessary evil to make games appear better looking than what they really are because of how gamers respond.

I bought it, I completed it on Difficult. I have a level 8 Spec-Ops.

All you need to do is look at the gun in your character's hand and see what kind of weird lighting/shadowing that is going on. Why is my gun dark as a black hole when I'm a brightly lid elevator. Please, Resistance 2 looks nothing like the bullshots.

You have not played Uncharted or R2, have you?

(unless for R2, you're talking about the stuff that was obviously concept)

I've been playing through Uncharted for the first time, and whilst these images have been modified the actual fidelity is entirely possible. The lighting in the first game is quite remarkable.

Ello said:
Did anyone else notice how Drake is holding the gun on the soldier? Is there some awsome stealth gameplay going on here?

Yes, it's up to you whether or not you want to use it. They didn't turn it into a stealth game, they're just giving you the option of using it if you want. If you want to play it like Uncharted then you can do that also.

Ello

SolidSnakex said:
Yes, it's up to you whether or not you want to use it. They didn't turn it into a stealth game, they're just giving you the option of using it if you want. If you want to play it like Uncharted then you can do that also.

If there was anything I wanted more of in the first game it's stealth. :D

Raistlin

TheExodu5 said:
Huh? The shadows don't seem to be enhanced. Look at the second screenshot...there's aliasing on the shadows being projected onto the curve.

Obviously that was added ... so they could pass off these bullshots as real graphics.

It's only a matter of time before one of the CG houses admits they were contracted to make this.

Opus Angelorum said:
I've been playing through Uncharted for the first time, and whilst these images have been modified the actual fidelity is entirely possible. The lighting in the first game is quite remarkable.

Yeah the only way you really could call bullshots on any of this is if you haven't played the original game.

Cdammen

Awesome shots! I haven't played the first one but I really like adventure/traversing in urban areas and the complexity in these environments seem perfect for platforming and shootouts.

Lower the PS3 price Sony, I want to join in too.

(EDIT) The AA is the only thing applied to these shots, the rest is in-game. Drake's Fortune looked awesome so why should these shots be bull? The had some time to improve the engine.

Aladuf

Banned
I keep looking over all these pix and am just fucking blown away still. I just replayed Uncharted a couple of days ago but I'm already craving it again after seeing all of this.

Ello said:

Yeah, it seems like Drake is pulling the guy back to him or something.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
back in mid 2006 , people in many forums told me this trailer

naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060526042755117-000.jpg

was CGI and not possible this gen and the game will be upscaled Jak 3 with funky dude skin , funny days .

anyway some people in this thread are SALT WATER PARTICLES INSANE and need to play Uncharted ASAP , thinking Uncharted 2 will be way too inferior compared to these screens is just facepalm worthy .

RpgN

Onix said:
You have not played Uncharted or R2, have you?

I know, right? Unless my memory is failing me, I don't remember any level Spec-ops or something.

EDIT

Wait, I thought he was talking about Uncharted?

jett

D-Member
PSGames said:
My god this game looks unbelievable. The first one looks amazing aswell. Less shooting more Platforming this time please!!! :D

No they didn't. The shooting sections were easily the worst parts of Uncharted.

WTF? The shooting was the best.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ello said:

Human shield, maybe? I can't see any weapon in the enemies hands, so it kind of looks more like Drake's disarmed him and using him for protection..rather than just sneaking up and taking him by surprise right at that moment. On the other hand, though, it doesn't look like the other enemies are alerted to him..which would be the context for using a human shield, one would think..so actually I'm not sure..

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Looks phenomenal. but I am kinda disappointed to see what looks like Nathan taking on another army of troops all by himself, GI lead me to believe that was much less of a focus this time around.

Tieno

EschatonDX said:
The troll legion is rising :[

Would be nice if arne confirmed realtime so we could discuss this stuff in peace.
Huh? Has arne jumped ship again?

Totobeni said:

was CGI and not possible this gen and the game will be upscaled Jak 3 with funky dude skin , funny days .

anyway some people in this thread are SALT WATER PARTICLES INSANE and need to play Uncharted ASAP , thinking Uncharted 2 will be way too inferior compared to these screens is just facepalm worthy .
That's a photo of alex ward.

Forsete

Gold Member
Totobeni said:

Heh, the lightning looks pretty flat in the old Uncharted trailer.

Ello

gofreak said:
Human shield, maybe? I can't see any weapon in the enemies hands, so it kind of looks more like Drake's disarmed him and using him for protection..rather than just sneaking up and taking him by surprise right at that moment. On the other hand, though, it doesn't look like the other enemies are alerted to him..which would be the context for using a human shield, one would think..so actually I'm not sure..

He might be holding his weapon with his other arm, it's hard to see since Nate is covering it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BruceLeeRoy said:
Yeah the only way you really could call bullshots on any of this is if you haven't played the original game.

Exactly. The original is STILL one of the best looking console games.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Totobeni said:

Haha, I remember those threads... we should dig one up...

JimiNutz

Banned
Ghost said:
Looks phenomenal. but I am kinda disappointed to see what looks like Nathan taking on another army of troops all by himself, GI lead me to believe that was much less of a focus this time around.

I read the article as well and have no idea what gave you that impression?
They talked about how Nate can now be stealthy if you want to, but that you can still run around with a gun shooting people in the face if it takes your fancy.
If anything they’ve made it easier to shoot your way through since you can now move Nathan while aiming behind cover.

Doc Evils

gofreak said:

Nathan just had bro rape with the solider. He's just helping him get his clothes on.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
JFC with the pixel semantics from the "PR bullshots" concern trolls. Is it news to anyone here anymore that a screenshot prepared for various media to distribute isn't ever going to be exactly the same pixel match as what appears on your various makes and models of TV screens?

To listen to some of you, you'd think the only thing that makes a game look good is the level of AA and it's a cardinal sin to ever represent it anything but accurately.

Among Thieves looking great. I see nothing to be concerned about in the visual department.

Forsete

Gold Member
Glute.Belly said:
damn...looks incredible. i just keep fantasizing about how smart the AI will be this time around. they were already pretty sharp

Any smarter AI and the game would become VERY hard. U1 was pretty hard at times thanks to the sneaky AI.

Creamy said:
2hrs later and my jaw is still on the floor.

I watched the trailer again and I love all the small details, Nate's animation and well just everything really. Fantastic little trailer. It really did hit the spot.

ND sure likes to add beards to their characters. Jak went from young faced to goatee, and now Drake goes from clean shaven to 5 o'clock shadow. I bet their lead artist has like Moses beard and just thinks their cool........

Top Bottom