• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 direct feed screens

Majmun

Nif said:
No doubt the game will look great, but something's wrong here:

capture7kb9.gif

He seems to use his left arm much more...

FirewalkR

The Take Out Bandit said:
Wow! Looks like no more plastic plant jungles, guess Naughty Dog saw Crysis and realized they couldn't approach that level of realistic vegetation.

You are VERY good. :lol :lol

andycapps

norinrad21 said:
Why is the first game so expensive? I can't even find it cheaper then 46 bucks used. WTF?

Well it's been a steady seller by word of mouth.. If it's still selling well, they're not going to reduce the price.

AndyD said:
As someone else said:

/generation graphics battles.

you can't use Naughty Dog to argue 'end of generational wars' or any such nonsense because Naughty Dog aren't making games for the 360. ND seem to be able to eke more power out of a system than any other team out there. their programmers are incredible. we'll never know what they could do with the 360.

can't we just marvel at how amazing a job they've done rather than trying to turn it into system wars? ND are awesome. these screens are believable (perfect IQ aside). surely the only reaction is 'yay'?

I can't believe people are questioning whether the game will look like that or not. Have you even played the first game? :lol

Yeah, the pictures are high res and too clean and will not look like that when playing the game, but the first game had some decent AA.

Pallaris

28k2fx4.jpg

capture2yo2.jpg

Holy farkin shit i've never seen concept art this well realized in a game. Massive kudos to the modelling/art people involved.

I fuckin pray there's no screen tearing. That is all.

plagiarize said:
you can't use Naughty Dog to argue 'end of generational wars' or any such nonsense because Naughty Dog aren't making games for the 360. ND seem to be able to eke more power out of a system than any other team out there. their programmers are incredible. we'll never know what they could do with the 360.

can't we just marvel at how amazing a job they've done rather than trying to turn it into system wars? ND are awesome. these screens are believable (perfect IQ aside). surely the only reaction is 'yay'?

You might want to quote the person you're replying to with this so it doesn't look like some really odd random post.

Raistlin

KTallguy said:
Oh relax.

My only worry is how they'll handle traversing such an uneven environment.
If you look at games like Gears and take away all of the textures, it's just boxes in a room, really.

Well, they had a decent start last game. Collision was obviously off at times, but it was still better than in most games (other than the walls at the edges of environments). I'm hoping its improved upon.

-Rogue5-

Does that mean Elena isn't coming back? I mean Chloe Frazer looks all fine and good, but I was hoping the whole crew would get back together.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna go play the first game... trophies and all.

SolidSnakex said:
You might want to quote the person you're replying to with this so it doesn't look like some really odd random post.
done. i just don't want this thread to turn into system warzzzz. game looks beautiful and i wish we could all just pretend that there was no such thing as exclusives and look at games objectively. multi platform game threads tend to be SO much more pleasant.

jiggle

-Rogue5- said:
Does that mean Elena isn't coming back? I mean Chloe Frazer looks all fine and good, but I was hoping the whole crew would get back together.

she'll be back in Uncharted 4, when she marries Drake

Raistlin

norinrad21 said:
Why is the first game so expensive? I can't even find it cheaper then 46 bucks used. WTF?

It's a popular game that doesn't have much competition in the genre ... and the sequel is quite aways off?

I expect it to move to greatest hits at some point, but they'll likely milk it a while longer since it's still selling.

harSon

Banned
Bullshots but still... HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I know it isn't going to look that but judging from the previous game, it's definitely going to be a treat. The scenery is simply magnificent. I haven't finished Uncharted (About half way through( but I'm pretty damn pumped to resume my playthrough :O

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
As I posted in the other thread, those images look really unbelievable. ND people are technical artists in the truest sense of the word.

I really wish more developers were like that, not just on PS3, but in general. Of course, they are not the only ones, Epic with Gears, Ueda's team, Guerilla as of KZ2 at least, etc. but I just wish there were more of them.

plagiarize said:

PS3 does beat 360 in raw power though. It's just that only Sony studios have any reasons to invest resources to tap it to as much as possible.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
BruceLeeRoy said:
capture2yo2.jpg

This honestly doesn't seem possible to me.

Your late bro check the previous page.

It's like..detail density overload...without being noisy. I still boggle at that one, I prefer it to its corresponding art.

Raistlin

jiggle said:
un2a.jpg

Hmmm
looks like hindu/buddhist sculpture
in south american ruin O.O

Even if as some have mentioned, the DOF may be a bit too high ... I'm REALLY loving that its multi-tiered. Much better handling than most games.

John_B

recklessmind said:
Jesus dude... will you shut the fuck up already?
You know, you wil be fed these bullshots and this pre-renderd shit for the rest of your gaming life, because you people eat it up. How do you think the unveiling of Playstation 4 is going to look like? One pre-rendered fuck fest, all real-time of course.

I don't blame them much though, they can't even show early work, because gamers will freak out: omg it looks like shit, no buy!. It's a necessary evil to make games appear better looking than what they really are because of how gamers respond.

TTP said:
Not really. You don't seem to have played the game. There are areas that look worse for sure, but other are pretty much identical if not better.
I bought it, I completed it on Difficult. I have a level 8 Spec-Ops.

All you need to do is look at the gun in your character's hand and see what kind of weird lighting/shadowing that is going on. Why is my gun dark as a black hole when I'm a brightly lid elevator. Please, Resistance 2 looks nothing like the bullshots.

AwRy108

Wow, day one.

I hope SONY has dropped the PS3's price by the time this game comes out, 'cause I'd hate for what is sure to be an amazing game to have a limited audience size.

TheExodu5

Banned
John_B said:
I think I give up. Pixar could have rendered something amazing, slapped "Uncharted 2" on it, and people would still eat it up.

They are far from perfect (no shadows will be this generation), and the shadows in these shots are mind blowing.

Huh? The shadows don't seem to be enhanced. Look at the second screenshot...there's aliasing on the shadows being projected onto the curve.

un2b.jpg

Top Bottom