• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 direct feed screens

Stealth

capture2yo2.jpg

Holy fuckinh shit. No, seriously, holy shit. That set must have taken the team weeks, and you'll probably be in it for less than 10 minutes. Unreal. Naughty Dog are my heroes. If I had the links to them, I'd post about 5 'jizzed in my pants' gifs right now.

Issun23

No words, really. It's looking absolutely amazing.

I remember Gaffers saying the first Uncharted screens were bullshots and what not, then when I saw the game on my TV, it was even better looking. I'm expecting the same with this one.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
plagiarize said:
Hi res in engine renders no doubt... even so, looks beautiful, and i'm sure that aside from less than perfect AA, the final version will look at least this good.

Naughty Dog know their shit.

this

Loved the first one, hope they keep the same level of sound quality in #2

.nimrod

Sonki. said:
Looks flipping fantastic. I only played the demo of the original and liked it.

I think I might wanna get this.

Wait, you're saying you've got a ps3 but didn't buy uncharted? *cannotcomputeheadexplodes*

in other news: they need to turn the DoF a bit down, looks a bit too much. That aside, it's absolutely faptastic!

sullytao

eznark said:
Wow, pretty excellent.

Best part of em? No zombies in those shots. I dig it.
100% agree. I hate when games have good enemies to fight then all of a sudden they more or less get replaced by crappy monster things that require little strategy.

Stealth

Totally digging the three-quarter tuck going on too :lol

Uncharted needs to keep the Indiana Jones serial theme going. A different girl each movie/game is the right way to handle this series. Maybe Uncharted 3 will feature Sean Connery as Nathan's estranged father :lol :lol

BeeDog

.nimrod said:
Wait, you're saying you've got a ps3 but didn't buy uncharted? *cannotcomputeheadexplodes*

in other news: they need to turn the DoF a bit down, looks a bit too much. That aside, it's absolutely faptastic!

Don't worry, there's no way in hell that DoF will be seen in the game.

BobsRevenge said:
*cough*crysis already looks better than any console game that will be released this generation*cough*

Huhn? What was that?

The game does look fantastic though. Loved the first one.

if the game had this clarity, on a micro scale, it absolutely looks up there with crysis...I've played both crysis and warhead, and this looks insane...

On a side note, I def think KZ2 looks on the same level as crysis (scale withstanding again)...the effects in the desert level are insane

Wow, I wasn't expecting any new media on this for a while, at least not images of this quality!

Day 1. Hell, day 0.5 if I can manage it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I was sure some of those shots were artwork in the scans. I actually prefer the real shots to some of their artwork counterparts.

The density of detail there is really WTF!

John_B

Remember when Insomniac posted this screen (with some others):

o9iiwh.jpg

Probably not fair, that was a whole lot of shop'ing. Anyways, take the Uncharted screens with a grain of salt. The game is going to look unbelievable, but I'm not so sure about that AA and those shadows. Seems a bit too good.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
John_B said:
Probably not fair, that was a whole lot of shop'ing. Anyways, take the Uncharted screens with a grain of salt. The game is going to look unbelievable, but I'm not so sure about that AA and those shadows. Seems a bit too good.

I see aliasing in some of the shadows. Seems to depend on the angle of the lines of the shadow edges. Not that it proves anything one way or another.

But in ND I trust etc. etc.

RpgN

John_B said:

o9iiwh.jpg

I have a simple question: Have you played Uncharted 1?

This is Naughty Gods we're talking about now!

John_B said:

o9iiwh.jpg

i'm not sure if you know about this or have played it but R2 single player does look that good, however this thread is about uncharted 2

jett

D-Member
John_B said:

http://i35.tinypic.com/o9iiwh.jpg[IMG]

Probably not fair, that was a whole lot of shop'ing. Anyways, take the Uncharted screens with a grain of salt. The game is going to look unbelievable, but I'm not so sure about that AA and those shadows. Seems a bit [B]too [/B]good.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to take shit because I own Uncharted, which has borderline perfect shadows in-game.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Wow.

Bow the fuck down to Naughty Dog. Awesome thing is, this will play as good as it looks! :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
John_B said:
http://i35.tinypic.com/o9iiwh.jpg

whatever. we are not talking Codemasters or Ubisoft bullshots here. Resistance 2 looks about as good as in those early pics. Actually, the chimera look significantly better.

I have a vision of how the snowy levels will look in this game and thats what im most excited about. Free climbing a mountain...that is unreal. I wonder how it will compare to Lost planet which looked great.

Raistlin

Okay ... a couple are showing up now ...

0_0

holy shit

Vyer said:
Yup. I'll never understand how people get so hyped up about them.

Because if the assumption is that it is simply an issue of rendering at a higher res, it's not hard to image the pics with more realistic IQ (which happened to be very good in the original anyway).

People are blowing nut over the lighting, shadows, texturing, polygons, art, etc. All things that will remain when rendering at its native res.

Top Bottom