• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 direct feed screens

Blimblim said:
PR bullshots, but no doubt the game will look awesome.
All the same, the art direction and composition are absolutely superb. As amazing as the graphics/tech are it's the artistry that really sets this series apart.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
arne said:
it's more complicated than that. heh.

<3 pogo

we also have trumpet here. <3 trumpet.
You need more kittens ,like a tonz of them :D

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Holy shit @ the direct feed screens. This game looks at least on par with Gears 2 imo. Wow at the lighting and the texture work. Cannot come soon enough.

BruceLeeRoy said:
huhhjq.jpg

capture2yo2.jpg

un2b.jpg

Needs to be on every page.

Danielsan

Sadaiyappan said:
I'm so happy that uncharted 2 is an exclusive.
I'm happy that it's on a single platform because as an owner of both platform I hate researching which version is the best.

I hate that it's on a single platform because everyone should be able to participate in the Uncharted love.

Doc Evils

Kaako said:
Holy shit @ the direct feed screens. This game looks at least on par with Gears 2 imo. Wow at the lighting and the texture work. Cannot come soon enough.

This looks leaps better than Gears 2.

Kaako said:

These screens look more impressive than Gears 2, which looked more impressive than uncharted 1, which looked more impressive than gears 1... not surprising though, since it will be releasing a year later....although, this is this years build...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Doc Evils said:
This looks leaps better than Gears 2.
nelsonroyale said:
These screens look more impressive than Gears 2, which looked more impressive than uncharted 1, which looked more impressive than gears 1... not surprising though, since it will be releasing a year later....although, this is this years build...
I was being diplomatic. My jaw hit the fucking floor when I saw the direct feeds as well. :D

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Loudninja said:
The shooting was the best part Uncharted to me so fun :D
No doubt. As far as gameplay, indeed it was.

I cannot wait to see some solid HD game play videos. Stop giving us the blue balls Naughty Dog! Seriously though, these screen caps actually made me yell, holy fucking shit out loud at work. Luckily there are fellow gamers around.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wow at the screen where he's climbing up the side of the building. If "stealth" means "find a cool and fun route so enemies don't see you" instead of "crouch behind a wall for 5 minutes until the enemies aren't looking in your direction" that'd be awesome.

f@luS

More than a member.
Kaako said:
seriously ? this looks milesbetter. gear is incredible looking but has much lower geo, lightning is lightyear behind, and many other things

this is...insane.
wow
wow

george_us

The level of geometry is "holy-fucking-shit" on a scale of 1-10. Like BruceLeeRoy said, what ND is doing shouldn't be possible.

f@luS

More than a member.
capture2yo2.jpg

this even destroy the 1st screens (target CG render ) of RE5. Not even talking of the real game

Wait... so these are in fact direct-feed with no touch up work at all?

If so, that is simply astounding.

Danielsan said:
I'm happy that it's on a single platform because as an owner of both platform I hate researching which version is the best.
I completely agree.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dandy said:
Man, this looks quite amazing. I should really get around to playing the first game.
ffs..

Kaako

Felium Defensor
If these screens are completely untouched direct feed (I know arne said they're direct feed), then Uncharted 2 right now is THE BEST LOOKING CONSOLE GAME up in this bitch. There I said it. How the fuck can it look this good? :O

I'm tracing every god damn line, pixel per pixel in the screens and it looks absolutely amazing. Just WOW.

iam220

I'd bet my left-nut (or right, you choose) that these are not direct feed. I can't imagine anyone achieving these graphics with so much anti-aliasing on the ps3.

That aside ... this makes me want to replay Uncharted 1.

Karma said:

I'm happy its exclusive because the engine and game can be optimized to its fullest. Even though part of me is happy the PS3 has exclusives just so the console can have a feel of it's own, it's become apparent that multiplat games won't look as good as the console exclusive for Sony. There's multiple reasons for that. The PS3's hardware is different. Sony sinks more money, time and resources into their exclusives as well. All in all though, the game is better for it.

J-Rzez

Karma said:

Because, it probably wouldn't turn out the way it will if it's fucking watered down for compromises of both consoles. Would the game play the same? Probably. But I'd rather it push the envelope visually and audio wise. Will not as many get to play it? Nope. But I'm a greedy fuck so fuck them, fuck them up their stupid asses (/jay and bob sb). This is why you buy both the machines so you can play games that are maximized for one system. I'm sick of this porterhouse bullshit this gen with all the compromises they make.

This is also why you invest in quality first-party studios, to have your "image games".

I can't see any more pics of this game for a while, seriously, my cock can't take much more of these brutal beatings I put on it from seeing this shit.

GOTY'09.

I'd bet my left-nut (or right, you choose) that these are not direct feed

L2Read. Arne said they're DF. They weren't supposed to be out.

KR3W

Banned
Wow, this is just adding to the pure awesomeness of 2009. Not to mention, the PS3 is looking absolutely incredible for 2009:

Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
God of War III (?)
Street Fighter 4
Infamous
Resident Evil 5
Final Fantasy XIII (in JP)

Uncharted was clean though...this one will be likely cleaner...to be honest I am sure these screens are entirely representative, except for being a little too clean... I thought uncharted in motion actually looked better than all the official screens released...the vids were the true barometer.

R0nn

Possibly best looking game this gen so far! Holy crap!

Games next year are truly going to take another nice graphical step.

Top Bottom