• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really, really hope they don't muck it up by making the stealth any more complicated than it was in Uncharted 2. The simplicity of the stealth gameplay in UC2 was what made it so perfect.

As for taking on 'multiple enemies at once,' hopefully that means there's some sort of improved melee combat system that'll allow us to brawl with multiple guys at once, as opposed to something horrible like dual-wielding pistols.

jett

D-Member
2wfr2hy.gif

Fuck yeah bitches, I'm ready for this.

Solo

Crewnh said:
Yeah but Among Thieves is the more popular of the two, just like The Dark Knight. So the third game's title should have used Among Thieves in it. :lol

Uncharted 3: Among Sand

hatchx

Banned
Suzzopher said:
inFAMOUS 2, SOCOM 4, Killzone 3, Motorstorm Apocalypse, LittleBigPlanet 2, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Move Heroes, Sorcery, TEAM ICO Collection, The Last Guardian and Uncharted 3, has any platform holder published that many(potentially) good games in one year?

I'm expecting some delays to Q1 2012.

Shurs

I find it odd that the article has spelling errors. You'd think Entertainment Weekly's website would have a Copy Editor.

No biggie, just an observation.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Oh shit. We had an idea a reveal was coming, yet I can scarcely believe it. Sounds like everyone is going to stab each other in the back in U3. Sounding very interesting at the moment.

gdt

FUCK YES.

UC2 is in my top five games EVER, so I'm ready to get played with, ND. Give it to me.

Hard.

Suzzopher said:
inFAMOUS 2, SOCOM 4, Killzone 3, Motorstorm Apocalypse, LittleBigPlanet 2, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Move Heroes, Sorcery, TEAM ICO Collection, The Last Guardian and Uncharted 3, has any platform holder published that many(potentially) good games in one year?

The answer to this question is not in the history of gaming.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Drake's Fortune 2: Everything Sand Everywhere

brand synergy

gdt

badcrumble said:
I really, really, really hope they don't muck it up by making the stealth any more complicated than it was in Uncharted 2. The simplicity of the stealth gameplay in UC2 was what made it so perfect.

As for taking on 'multiple enemies at once,' hopefully that means there's some sort of improved melee combat system that'll allow us to brawl with multiple guys at once, as opposed to something horrible like dual-wielding pistols.

I generally hate stealth in games, but the simplicity of it is why I love it in UC2. I think ND knows that.

aesop

All aboard the hype train.

UC2 was a fantastic experience and made me happy to have a PS3 in my console collection. Here's to UC3 being as good/better than it's predecessor.

Hopefully they're expanding on the adventure aspects so it's not just a linear obstacle course. I'm thinking a big open desert with a jeep to traverse it.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Can't think of a game I'm anticipating more than this one. Uncharted 2 remains the most impressive game I have seen this gen.

Whelp, looks like my Most Wanted Games list just got a new #1!

:D Bring it on, Naughty Dog, you marvellous sons of bitches! I love you! :lol

The gifs will be magnificent.

Or fucking annoying. Thankfully Uncharted 2 was good enough to wash away the bitter taste of constant gifs in every thread this side of the sun.

Despera

Banned
So the game isn't just set in my country, but in the same region where I live! :D

Edit: And Iram of The Pillars? nice!

gdt5016 said:
I generally hate stealth in games, but the simplicity of it is why I love it in UC2. I think ND knows that.
The great thing about it in UC2 is that it's simple but the level design is good enough that it still has some depth to it, and if you lose and get discovered, it's okay because the combat is actually even more fun.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Now that I think about it, I'm almost scared to watch the first Uncharted 3 footage. I wonder if they are gonna top GOW III in terms of motion blur and AA.

Solo

Confidence Man said:
I'm thinking a big open desert with a jeep to traverse it.

Never gonna happen. Being such a "cinematic" driven experience, these games are, should be, and will remain to be linear.

BowieZ

Banned
Can someone tell me: is the dagger in the teaser resting on the table or floating in the air?

Also, hooray for more wailing Arabian women in film/game music!

Phenomic

shagg_187 said:
Uncharted 4: Space exploration! :mad:

Heh, I think after Three they are going to move on to something else at least for a little while. Not to say necessarily that Drakes adventures are done with after Uncharted 3.

Regardless about my personal idea with that, I'm way pumped to see this game in action. Uncharted 2 blew my away in almost all regards and I expect great things from this. VGA's might be getting to be a legitimate place where games get unveiled they seem to have a pretty decent lineup this time around.

Empty

Innovations? Several, including enhanced backward climbing and the ability to fight multiple baddies at once

what's backwards climbing? i'm trying to visualize it and failing.

the second part must be referring to changes to melee. hopefully the solution is elegant as i really like melee as is n uncharted, but i'm sure naughty dog will do fine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fucking awesome.

And with that info and teaser begins my media blackout. Going into Drake's Fortune virtually blind (literally all I knew about the game is that it's a Naughty Dog-developed TPS set in the jungle) resulted in one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. While I enjoyed Among Thieves immensely, I can't help but believe that pouring over every scrap of media that surfaced prior to its release lessened the experience somewhat.

Is it 2011 yet?

sajj316

Solo said:
Never gonna happen. Being such a "cinematic" driven experience, these games are, should be, and will remain to be linear.

Oh please, no open anything in Uncharted. I don't mind the traveling in the desert with a Jeep though but only to get from Point A to B to continue the "epic" cinematic experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom