• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
15qc68i.gif

jett

D-Member
_Alkaline_ said:
The gifs will be magnificent.

Or fucking annoying. Thankfully Uncharted 2 was good enough to wash away the bitter taste of constant gifs in every thread this side of the sun.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

GCNemesis

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception....The story focuses on the hero’s relationship with his mentor and father figure, fan fave Victor “Sully” Sullivan...

Could Sully turn on Drake at the end of the game, setting up Sully as the baddie for the next/future titles?:/

JohngPR

TTP said:
Starhawk!

(Hopefully a 2011 release as well)

There are not enough months in a year to release all that shit :lol

Ah forgot Twisted Metal! Sorry Jaffe.

ALl of those releases in 2011 is amazing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
naib said:
Great news!

Guess I'm gonna have to dust off 2 and take it for another spin.
I was actually thinking the same thing. I might play 1 and 2 back to back, actually.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BowieZ said:
Can someone tell me: is the dagger in the teaser resting on the table or floating in the air?

Also, hooray for more wailing Arabian women in film/game music!

SexXL.jpg

GCNemesis said:
Could Sully turn on Drake at the end of the game, setting up Sully as the baddie for the next/future titles?:/

This is likely going to be the last Uncharted. Naughty Dog works in trios.

I know it's a case of simple deduction, but good job GAF for getting the sand setting right.
Looks like 2011 is the year to beat for me: The Last Guardian, Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3, Portal 2.

Cartman86

Banned
It's obvious that this game will take place 2-3 years after Among Thieves where Drake comes out of retirement along with Sully who has taken up antique sales.

gdt

Vinterbird said:

I doubt it. They were talking in the article about 2011 being the year where they start to push Uncharted as a brand (books, movies, etc). No way that coincides with the last game in the franchise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I love that the relationship between Drake and Sully is the point of at least some focus in the game. Sully's appearance in Among Thieves was nothing more than a cameo and as such very disappointing.

Edit: Clarity. 'tis late here.

Hype. If it's as good as Uncharted 2 I'll be amazed. If it's better I will be even happier. Not sure what I think of the desert setting but I didn't think the settings we knew about in U2 were that good and they ended up being absolutely amazing.

Phenomic

duckroll said:
Hey I actually made a post in one of the previous threads saying he will find Atlantis IN THE DESERT, after the rumor about it being set in a desert leaked! :lol

Good call because you totally had that one nailed :lol

I just wonder to what condition he would/will find it in. Just because he finds Atlantis doesn't mean it has to be a lush watery world full of water. Maybe they will dry it up a little throw the curve ball and it will just be dusty ruins. Who knows whatever it ends up being I can't wait.

It better be a lush watery world

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Vinterbird said:

They've usually done 1, 2, 3 and then a karting game. Unkarted is next. edit - beatens :|

Seriously though:

According to Wells, 2011 marks the beginning of Naughty Dog’s push to make Uncharted a “transmedia” entertainment brand, with high quality, mythology-managed storytelling extensions of the Uncharted universe created for various entertainment media

Not sure if they'd be going to all that effort just to stop making games for the franchise. Perhaps they'll juggle it with other work in the future though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom