• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

GCNemesis said:
Could Sully turn on Drake at the end of the game, setting up Sully as the baddie for the next/future titles?:/

i dunno. it would be really hard to make people buy that twist given that you both get the sense and witness in the games that they've been through a lot of shit and a lot of failure together, so much so that sully turning on drake would be require a really huge force pulling in the opposite direction/

Cartman86

Banned
Crewnh said:
The supernatural is part of the pulp adventure stories Uncharted is inspired by. It ain't goin' anywhere.

Okay. Please no more main characters being surface level skeptical in a world where they know this shit exists. Kind of sick of flat earth atheists. If you don't have anything meaningful to say about skepticism don't even try.

Guevara

In a way I do hope this is the last of the series. Give it a few years break. Still, my PS3 is primarily an Uncharted machine.

KAL2006

Banned
Fuck, Sony 2011 is packed

Killzone 3
Twisted Metal
SOCOM 4
Resistance 3
MotorStorm Apocalypse
LittleBigPlanet 2
NinoKuni
Sorcery
Ratchet All 4 One
Plastation Move Heroes
inFamous 2
Disgaea 4
Uncharted 3
Last Guardian

lets not forget it seems like the best year for multiplatform games as well (Crysis 2, MvC3, Mortal Kombat, Virtua Tennis Move, Deus Ex, Batman, Dragon Age 2, Portal 2 and etc).

gdt5016 said:
I doubt it. They were talking in the article about 2011 being the year where they start to push Uncharted as a brand (books, movies, etc). No way that coincides with the last game in the franchise.
I'm ok with this if Naughty Dog is able to keep up the level of quality of Uncharted 2. It's much better to end a series in its prime than to eventually run it into the ground.

JaseC said:
I love that the relationship between Drake and Sully is the point of at least some focus in the game. Sully's appearance in Among Thieves was nothing more than a cameo and as such very disappointing.

Edit: Clarity. 'tis late here.

Agreed. Sully's absence was the one thing I truly despised about Among Thieves.

KAL2006 said:
Fuck, Sony 2011 is packed

Killzone 3
Twisted Metal
SOCOM 4
Resistance 3
MotorStorm Apocalypse
LittleBigPlanet 2
NinoKuni
Sorcery
Ratchet All 4 One
Plastation Move Heroes
inFamous 2
Disgaea 4
Uncharted 3
Last Guardian

lets not forget it seems like the best year for multiplatform games as well (Crysis 2, MvC3, Mortal Kombat, Virtua Tennis Move, Deus Ex, Batman, Dragon Age 2, Portal 2 and etc).

I really don't believe Sony is going to release all those games this year.

Solo

Still say that the "UC2 improved DRASTICALLY over UC1!" crowd are nuts. Yes, UC2 did make a lot of small changes that resulted in a much more polished final product, but lets be real here - UC1 is an incredible game. This "jump" people speak of is like going from a 9.0 for UC1 to a 9.5 for UC2.

DangerStepp

In a way... I kinda want this to be the last game in the series.

I don't wanna see Drake get as played out as Laura did. I want him to go out on a high note.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope he has a new extra secret lover like Chloe in Uncharted 2.

Xenon

Cool, but please do not have a race of mutants/monsters at the end. I stopped playing when it happened in 2.

More Sully is good, great actually, but please don't make him betray Drake.

Solo said:
Still say that the "UC2 improved DRASTICALLY over UC1!" crowd are nuts. Yes, UC2 did make a lot of small changes that resulted in a much more polished final product, but lets be real here - UC1 is an incredible game. This "jump" people speak of is like going from a 9.0 for UC1 to a 9.5 for UC2.

Yeah. Makes no sense to me, especially when people say they didn't like the first but loved the second... come the fuck on.

StuBurns

Banned
Solo said:
No, it's like a 7.8 to a 9.8.

KingDizzi

Banned
For me both Uncharted games were solid games however they did not wow me, soooooo aboard the hype train though!

Edit - There is NO WAY EVAR that Sony will release all those games Suzzopher mentioned in one year, some will be held back. But which ones? :O

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ULTROS! said:
I hope he has a new extra secret lover like Chloe in Uncharted 2.

No. Never.

Elena x Drake for lyfe.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but actually have tears rolling down my eyes right now. :lol

I am such a vagina. :lol
EQw29.gif

Solo said:

Uncharted was an alright game, but it felt like a prologue, or perhaps some half-cooked appetizer before the main course.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lagspike_exe said:
I really don't believe Sony is going to release all those games this year.

So you shouldn't; they're all scheduled for 2011.

Yes, I know what you meant. :lol

If anything this could be the last Uncharted game for PS3.
Hope ND works on a new IP after 3 and the when PS4 comes out blows us away with Uncharted 4.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Solo said:
Yes, UC2 did make a lot of small changes that resulted in a much more polished final product, but lets be real here - UC1 is an incredible game.

I'm pretty sure this is the only opinion on any media we'll ever share, but high-five. I still think it's the Raiders to UC2's Temple of Doom.

AND NOW HERE COMES LAST CRUSADE

Oh yes, 2011 will be the year of the forever! Just like 2010 was before!!

OMFG Drake walking through sand dunes, the real sand simulator is officially announced.

Yes those pics are obviously artworks, but as I often said to myself while playing Uncharted 2 "damn it's just like walking through an artwork!!" I'm not worried at all, that UC3 will be close to those pics.

Naughty Gods did it again, they'll never cease to amaze me.

gdt

Solo said:

Maybe a bit lower for UC1 (lets say 8.5 or whatever), but, something like that, sure. But those improvements help UC2 shoot it's way into the stratosphere of my heart.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Suzzopher said:
Sully's wife?

Drake's Deception totally makes sense now.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Solo said:
Yeah, the changes felt minimal to me so I kinda felt crazy when everyone said it was way better. Both are great games that I enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom