• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

yeah, if anyone has extra code laying around i just want to throw it out there that im willing to take. Is this beta for fixing bugs and stuff?

VegaShinra

momolicious said:
yeah, if anyone has extra code laying around i just want to throw it out there that im willing to take. Is this beta for fixing bugs and stuff?
The game is pretty much complete. This is just to give us some time with the game early.

Jtrizzy

brandonh83 said:
I'm just going to assume that you have more than one Uncharted 2 code. This better be the case.

Yes. Let's not get crazy here:lol The first U2 beta was one of my favorite mp experiences of all time.

netguy503

brandonh83 said:
:lol fucking awesome *high-five* who gives a shit about MAG when there is CHARTED bitch!

Well, for one, the MAG BETA lasts WAYYYYYY longer then Uncharted 2's (until November) so there still is a reason to want the MAG BETA. When the actual game comes out, there will still be another month or so of the MAG BETA and, since GAF finishes games in mere days after they come out, I think Gaf will want something new to get their hands on for that extra month.

People in this thread who have MAG codes I suggest you keep them. You will regret in time if you trade them. I'm lucky I'm in both. :D

brandonh83 said:
It's just not ready yet.
Sony needs to more clearly mention what time codes will be redeemable because this same issue repeats OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Some people are so thick get all upset when their code isn't working a week before and call Sony support blaming everyone for their mistake. Someone needs to plan for this and make it blatantly clear to save themselves the trouble :lol

netguy503 said:
Well, for one, the MAG BETA lasts WAYYYYYY longer then Uncharted 2's (until November) so there still is a reason to want the MAG BETA.
Uh, the Uncharted 2 multiplayer demo becomes public on the 29th, and the game comes out two weeks after that... so how does MAG beta last longer? :lol

netguy503 said:
Well, for one, the MAG BETA lasts WAYYYYYY longer then Uncharted 2's (until November) so there still is a reason to want the MAG BETA. When the actual game comes out, there will still be another month or so of the MAG BETA and, since GAF finishes games in mere days after they come out, I think Gaf will want something new to get their hands on for that extra month.

People in this thread who have MAG codes I suggest you keep them. You will regret in time if you trade them. I'm lucky I'm in both. :D

Don't mind me I'm just tooting my Uncharted horn. It's a very loud instrument. I'm sure MAG is great, I'm just bitter that I didn't get into the beta :lol

HoTHiTTeR

Fuck! I just went to scratch off my UC2 Revenge Code from Gamestop, and it's one of those weird plasticky scratchers. Well, its all smeared now... my GS is out of them, what should I do now?

netguy503

xenorevlis said:
Uh, the Uncharted 2 multiplayer demo becomes public on the 29th, and the game comes out two weeks after that... so how does MAG beta last longer? :lol

:lol Because it lasts until November?

DigiMish

Oh, well the reason I asked was that people were posting here that they were redownloading the BETA or something. Yea, SONY needs a new error message that states that "It's not ready". I bet there's already some people that threw away the code.

HoTHiTTeR said:
Fuck! I just went to scratch off my UC2 Revenge Code from Gamestop, and it's one of those weird plasticky scratchers. Well, its all smeared now... my GS is out of them, what should I do now?

I was afraid of that happening to me, there was only a bit of smear. I would maybe go to Gamestop, report the issue, and see if they can set it up to where you'll get a code in email. I mean, if you preorder the game online you get a code emailed, so maybe you could go to Gamestop and even "cancel" your preorder, get your money, and preorder it online and get a code.

I know it's a hassle but it's the only thing I can think of. Maybe they'll get more in tomorrow. Just report it and see what they say. However, if your Gamestop store is anything like the ones I've been to, it will be like communicating with a horse's ass, so good luck.

DigiMish

HoTHiTTeR said:

Um... play the multiplayer normally until you get marty... I mean Revenge perk... I mean attribute.

witness

HoTHiTTeR said:

Any other gamestop's near you? You could get your store to call the nearest one and get one from there. If no then just switch it to online.

HoTHiTTeR said:
What do you mean smeared? I have a plastic code bars too and the residue after scratching it came right off with a little bit of water.

Seriously, wet your finger tip and clean off the code. I actually just used some saliva :p

xenorevlis said:
What do you mean smeared? I have a plastic code bars too and the residue after scratching it came right off with a little bit of water.

Seriously, wet your finger tip and clean off the code.

if that works... :lol

netguy503

xenorevlis said:
Right, so people will be able to play the MAG beta until November.

How do you know people won't be playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer in November? :p

Well, they will be. It will just be from there Uncharted 2 game disc because every BETA has a "shut off" date and the BETA will not be accessible anymore when the game hits .

Look, your question was about each BETA and which would last longer. I don't do silly loophole logic so don't throw them my way please. Furthermore, you laughed at me when I was just trying to give the forum a correct perspective. Uncharted's BETA will only last until the game comes out and MAG's BETA will last until November (then Gamestop will have a BETA of their own for pre-orders). So I was correct, MAG's will last longer and I didn't deserve to be laughed at. I win. You lose.

brandonh83 said:
if that works... :lol
Well, it's just a little common sense. I've done my best to stay away from retail, as it reminds of just how uninformed and thick the masses are :(

netguy503 said:
Look, your question was about each BETA and which would last longer.
Well, considering its a demo and not a beta, since the game went gold 3 days ago... :lol

That's fine, you can win whatever you'd like. I didn't know there was a competition or anything. Was simply stating that the MAG beta doesn't last longer than Uncharted 2 multiplayer because the game comes out before November.

____

RockmanWhore said:
Yay I recieved an email with a code :D

Fuck, it's a code for MAG's beta, I don't give a shit about MAG, Qore, I want Uncharted :mad:

Pass the mag one this way? :D

edit: lmao holy shit at my lateness. f5 ftl

ACE 1991

This may seem like a bit of an odd question, but how satisfying to scoring kills in UC2 feel, from those of you who have played the beta? The videos I've seen thus far seem to point to this game lacking that cool little feeling you get when you kill another player.

I hope someone understands what the hell I'm talking about.

netguy503

xenorevlis said:
Was simply stating that the MAG beta doesn't last longer than Uncharted 2 multiplayer because the game comes out before November.

Huh? Can someone explain what this boy is saying to me? I don't get it.

And I had a friend from EU on my friend's list today who was playing this. And, if the US and EU will be the same, it said he was playing the Uncharted 2 multiplayer Beta NOT demo. The demo will come out the 29th I believe.

And, yes he said he got it from his gamestop and had just inputed his code after pre-ordering Uncharted 2.

Edit: Do you actually know what the terms long vs. short mean young man? You are getting them horribly confused? U2 coming out first means that it's BETA/demo lifespan is shorter than MAG's not longer. So by stating the fact U2 is coming out first (which is correct) you are actually proving my case. Are you on something tonight?

ACE 1991 said:
This may seem like a bit of an odd question, but how satisfying to scoring kills in UC2 feel, from those of you who have played the beta? The videos I've seen thus far seem to point to this game lacking that cool little feeling you get when you kill another player.

I hope someone understands what the hell I'm talking about.

When you kill someone you feel bad ass. Nothing is like throwing a gas tank and blowing 2 or 3 people up with it at once.

I don't think I've ever experienced as satisfying as kill as Uncharted 2.

ACE 1991

KilgoreTrout said:
When you kill someone you feel bad ass. Nothing is like throwing a gas tank and blowing 2 or 3 people up with it at once.

I don't think I've ever experienced as satisfying as kill as Uncharted 2.

Awesome. Badassery aside, how does it feel on a basic level, as in just simply gunning a baddie down?

netguy503 said:
Huh? Can someone explain what this boy is saying to me? I don't get it.
Uncharted 2 multiplayer, as a mode, begins today/tomorrow and continues through to the game's release. That means, the multiplayer portion does not end and lasts longer than the MAG beta.

Also, I'm aware that it is listed as "Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta" but the game went gold, and actual beta testing has ended. Naughty Dog and Sony are calling it "early access" to the multiplayer demo. GameStop as well.

HoTHiTTeR

xenorevlis said:

Seriously, wet your finger tip and clean off the code. I actually just used some saliva :p

HOLY EPIC SHIT. :lol worked. Thanks!

HoTHiTTeR

xenorevlis said:
Uncharted 2 multiplayer, as a mode, begins today/tomorrow and continues through to the game's release. That means, the multiplayer portion does not end and lasts longer than the MAG beta. Does that make sense to you? :(

What outlet is this one through? PSN Qore? PSN Eu/UK? Gamestop US/Canada?

netguy503

xenorevlis said:
Uncharted 2 multiplayer, as a mode, begins today/tomorrow and continues through to the game's release. That means, the multiplayer portion does not end and lasts longer than the MAG beta.

Also, I'm aware that it is listed as "Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta" but the game went gold, and actual beta testing has ended. Naughty Dog and Sony are calling it "early access" to the multiplayer demo. GameStop as well.

Read my edit. You may learn something.

Edit: And it WILL END upon the games release (mid October) versuses the MAG BETA (continuing to November + for gamestop pre-orders until that games release, in January). Since October is BEFORE November (am I right here or not, I do not know?) U2 BETA's lifespan will be SHORTER. Do you get it now? Beta's don't last forever son. Jesus.

ACE 1991 said:
Awesome. Badassery aside, how does it feel on a basic level, as in just simply gunning a baddie down?

Um, just gunning people down is just like gunning people down people in other games for the most part.

For me, it's most satisfying in close quarters combat where you can shoot someone up, and punch them. Or when you're on the run, and drop off the edge, and pull someone over the edge their death.

It's the diversity that makes combat great, not just the gunplay.

demolitio

KilgoreTrout said:
Um, just gunning people down is just like gunning people down people in other games for the most part.

For me, it's most satisfying in close quarters combat where you can shoot someone up, and punch them. Or when you're on the run, and drop off the edge, and pull someone over the edge their death.

It's the diversity that makes combat great, not necessarily just the guns.

Yea, running up and breaking someone's neck is the most satisfying multiplayer kill I have experienced. It reminded me of the old Splinter Cell MP days. :D

Top Bottom