• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

kbear

Solideliquid said:
If you had to pick, which game has the better graphics (IYHO). This or Ratchet?
Probably Uncharted.. the hand-painted textures, lighting and animation all look incredible. Ratchet looks great too, has a bigger scale and I believe it's 60 fps.

Kittonwy

Banned
Solideliquid said:

Uncharted by far, the water, character animations, overall character details, lighting and shadowing simply puts Uncharted in a different league.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
Hard plays so much better than Normal. Crushing is insane but very fun in cuss at your TV kind of way. I finished it on Hard and Crushing. When I go back to Normal, it is just way to easy! I can go through a whole level getting nothing but head shots.

Once you can consistently do headshots on hard and crushing, normal becomes too easy, heck stealth kills are also probably much easier to pull off.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kittonwy said:
Once you can consistently do headshots on hard and crushing, normal becomes too easy, heck stealth kills are also probably much easier to pull off.

Delete some Ass Creed fanboys and come play me some Burnout >:|

PSN: reilo

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
coralfangs said:
wait, how can you auto shoot in the jetski level?

It's only in the second level, iirc. Just hit R1, and Elena does the rest.

reilo said:
It's only in the second level, iirc. Just hit R1, and Elena does the rest.

I just got to that part I cant believe I went through this on crushing already not knowing that.

Just beat COD4(Great game btw despite the weird ass ps1 explosions) and played about 5 min of Online turned it off and went back to UDF ahhh I am soooo sad.

ScissorHands said:
Just finished the game. What an experience. It takes GoWII's place as GOTY for me, even though I
hated the twist towards the end. Kind of ruined the awesome Indiana Jones vibe the story had.

One question: how to you enable weapons and costumes that you have unlocked during gameplay?

I don't know, I remember Indiana Jones dealing with Ghosts, Tribes that rip hearts out with their bare hands, and the holy grail that leads to immortality and people turning into dust (as well as one of the Crusaders).

Seems like Indiana Jones was just as crazy as UDF???

ManaByte

Gold Member
Just beat it on normal. Absolutely awesome from beginning to end, with only a few minor frustrations in the middle (Not ANOTHER shootout!). I liked the exploration, climbing, and platforming more than the shooting.

2009 for a sequel can't come soon enough.

Just finished it a few minutes go, such an awesome, awesome game. The ending was a bit unsatisfying, but overall it's an excellent package. Games need more unlockable extras.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I finished last night, great game. My save said a smidge over 9 hours, but I died a lot, so probably closer to 10. I will go back through hard and try new tactics, there are a ton of way of fighting. I also only found like 29 treasures and only have like 390 points.

The graphics are the best out there short of newer PC games. For a console game it is on top.

Kittonwy

Banned
_leech_ said:
Just finished it a few minutes go, such an awesome, awesome game. The ending was a bit unsatisfying, but overall it's an excellent package. Games need more unlockable extras.

They really need to make those treasures into HOME trophies. Srsly.
Indifferent2.gif

frAntic_Frog said:
have insomniac devs spoken about their thoughts/expectations for the sales of this game this holiday?

I know you made a mistake, but this is GAF so.....

WHAT THE HELL MAN YOUR ARE CRAZY WRONG.... PILE ONNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Basch

Just thought I would drop in and let you guys know that PSU.com is having a poll for Game of the Year on the front page. Let your voice be heard! :D

Oh, and then listen to your weather forcast. Don't want anything happening to you guys. :lol

Alright, my completed save file stats on Normal diffficulty:

Code:
Ambushed (what does this mean, anyways?)
Played for 8 hours 40 minutes
Collected 37 Treasures
Earned 400 Metal Points

DeadGzuz

Banned
I was thinking melee weapons would be cool in part two. Pick up and use machetes, crowbars, pieces of wood. Being able to throw like in Heavenly Sword would be sweet.

Keyser Soze said:
No comments yet, it's likely there might not be any. f you are wondering about a possible sequel then that was 'Pretty Much Guaranteed' a while ago

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164790
Yeah, the full quote was, "A sequel is pretty much guaranteed. The only way we won't make one is the game completely tanks and sells less than 120k in the US in November or something absurd like that."

Okay, no it wasn't, and honestly I'm not trying to be an ass. I can't believe the sales #s myself, it's disheartening.

I just bought a PS3 and Uncharted helped me make the jump. It's actually the only PS3 game I own at this point and I think it's is excellent -- I'd probably put it at #3 or #4 on my own personal GOTY list, but unless sales are significantly better in Europe, I can't see Sony funding a sequel. Such a polished game with its incredible production values and visuals had to cost a lot to make, and it's been said that an average PS3 games takes something like 500,000 sales to break even. If Sony loses their ass on Uncharted, why would they make a sequel?

I really believe Sony and Naughty Dog thought a sequel was pretty much guaranteed because they thought the chances of Uncharted being a hit were pretty much guaranteed.

Master Z

The Nature Roy said:
If Sony loses their ass on Uncharted, why would they make a sequel?

I really believe Sony and Naughty Dog thought a sequel was pretty much guaranteed because they thought the chances of Uncharted being a hit were pretty much guaranteed.

NPD only accounted for two weeks of sales. Uncharted is critically acclaimed with very positive word of mouth. I wouldn't be surprised to see sales atleast double for Dec. and for them to eventually turn a profit from the game. The engine and tech is already in place for a sequel. I expect we'll see Uncharted 2 in a couple of years.

vesp

I know I should probably dig through the thread and find the answer, but is the retail gun play any differently than the demo? I didn't really like how it felt, reminded me of **** raider 2 where everyone took 15 seconds of shooting to kill. Otherwise the game seemed really cool and I'm getting closer to clearing my back log and will have some time to play something new soon.

Master Z said:
NPD only accounted for two weeks of sales. Uncharted is critically acclaimed with very positive word of mouth. I wouldn't be surprised to see sales atleast double for Dec. and for them to eventually turn a profit from the game. The engine and tech is already in place for a sequel. I expect we'll see Uncharted 2 in a couple of years.
But that's not how it usually works. AAA hyped games like Uncharted usually make the bulk of their sales in the first week, if not the first couple of days. The holiday season should help, but I doubt it doubles in sales. I doubt it even matches the November numbers.

People said the same types of things when Ratchet and Clank disappointed in its first month, but it didn't pick up in November at all.

quetz67

Banned
Master Z said:
I had a look at amazon.de charts and was quite shocked that Pro Street sells better than Uncharted...but then I saw Uncharted is sold out. That doesnt sound like lackluster sales to me.

I bet we'll see sales upwards of 2M for this game worldwide in the long run, the userbase is just building up and probably doubling over this holiday season.

If Uncharted keeps refusing to sell the only reason I could see is the game length resulting in too many people renting it. That would hopefully teach them a lesson for future games in the series.

Solideliquid said:

I prefer the clean and inspired style of Ratchet, although objectively Uncharted obviously does more. Not sure why people aren't raving about it, because both lighting and shadowing is about as good as it gets these days.

_RT_

I had my e-bay auction ready to go and just couldn't bring myself to list this game.
I don't feel like I have found a worthy replacement just yet.

WTF.
I wish the warhawk expansion were here. That would make this easier. :lol

Master Z

The Nature Roy said:
But that's not how it usually works. AAA hyped games like Uncharted usually make the bulk of their sales in the first week, if not the first couple of days. The holiday season should help, but I doubt it doubles in sales. I doubt it even matches the November numbers.

People said the same types of things when Ratchet and Clank disappointed in its first month, but it didn't pick up in November at all.

The thing is, outside of a few internet message boards Uncharted wasn't really that hyped. I firmly believe that word of mouth will help Uncharted become a sleeper hit.

Bah! All of a sudden this game started freezing on me- sometimes during the load screen, sometimes even before the menu, and right now in the middle of playing. WTF? Anyone else had these problems?

womfalcs3

Banned
_leech_ said:
Alright, my completed save file stats on Normal diffficulty:

Code:
Ambushed (what does this mean, anyways?)
Played for 8 hours 40 minutes
Collected 37 Treasures
Earned 400 Metal Points

Ambushed is the first level where you fend off waves of pirates on the boat. It's basically cycling to the beginning once you beat the game.

Kittonwy

Banned
vesp said:
I know I should probably dig through the thread and find the answer, but is the retail gun play any differently than the demo? I didn't really like how it felt, reminded me of **** raider 2 where everyone took 15 seconds of shooting to kill. Otherwise the game seemed really cool and I'm getting closer to clearing my back log and will have some time to play something new soon.

I don't know why it felt that way for you, there's a ton of one shot kills if you have the skill, I don't know if the retail version is any different but the final game is teh awesome fucking wowsome. To me the whole point of owning the PS3 is to play this game.
Indifferent2.gif

I just finished AC! Its back to Uncharted until Gamefly sends me another game. AC was a very good game and has a hell of a lot of potential in the sequels, but Uncharted is on another level. Also, Nolan North is by far the best voice actor on AC. Uncharted pretty much makes every other game sound stupid. It has ruined me as far as voice acting goes. Simply amazing.

Just started playing it and I already guessed the twist. Voice acting is great so far, cutscenes are unreal. My only complaint is that the PS3 (which i got today) controller's sticks ae too loose.

After playing galaxy, its hard for me to go back to 3rd person games with camera control. : (

Gamer @ Heart said:
Just started playing it and I already guessed the twistl. : (

I'm pretty sure I've guessed it too. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Anyway, just got it today and I'm liking it. Doesn't do anything new, but it does everything it does very well.

One thing it does better than any other game ever: Stairs. This is the only game to make the character look like he is properly running up/down stairs.

Kittonwy

Banned
Maggot9 said:
i have the codes with me, i need to know where to enter them

Drake's Baseball T-Shirt
Enter code at costume select screen.
Making a Cutscene - Grave Robbing
Go to rewards, and highlight Making a Cutscene - Grave Robbing
Making a Cutscene - Time's Up
Go to rewards, and highlight Making a Cutscene - Time's Up
Unlock Concept Art Gallery - Bonus 2
Go to rewards and highlight Concept Art Gallery - Bonus 2

Indifferent2.gif

painey

McBacon said:
Anyone got some sweet Uncharted wallpapers? My PS3 needs a new BG :p

the concept art pictures would make phenominal wallpapers but sadly regular ps3s dont have screen cap abilities.. some of the watercolours were just jaw dropping

luffeN

well, the shooting part gets kinda annoying after a while, im in chapter 9 right now. the jet ski level isnt that much fun. but the rest is brilliant

Top Bottom