• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

JB1981

Metalmurphy said:
I made this for the PS3 is broken thread before it got locked and since this was already bumped, I might as well post it here :p

6edyy1.jpg

explain please

Eltacoman said:
I loved this game:D

It is easily my game of the year of 2008 and thats among Bshock, H3, Ratchet and Clank,
and Episode 2. Absolutely loved the game. Cant wait for trophies so I have a excuse
to go through the game again. Oh and of course Uncharted 2 hell yes :D .

I want to do the official thread for this game so badly.
Hopefully the kitton will let me.

btkadams

AranhaHunter said:
I'm waiting for the trophies to play this game a couple more times.
same. i was wanting to play it today but then i thought of the trophies so im holding off. i dont wanna be bored of it by the time the trophies are patched in.

I bought a PS3 last month alongside with MGS4 and I ended up beating this game before MGS. I really loved the graphics, pacing, cutscenes, story, platforming and majority of the gunplay. BUt did anyone else feel that the balance in gameplay could have been tilted a bit more towards the platforming and exploring? I felt some of the shooting sequences could have been trimmed.

btkadams

reggieandTFE said:
I bought a PS3 last month alongside with MGS4 and I ended up beating this game before MGS. I really loved the graphics, pacing, cutscenes, story, platforming and majority of the gunplay. BUt did anyone else feel that the balance in gameplay could have been tilted a bit more towards the platforming and exploring? I felt some of the shooting sequences could have been trimmed.
we've all said that since it came out, especially critics. im sure theyre looking into balancing it better for number two. i know i would get a little tired of the shooting scenes (even though they were awesome) it just became a little too much after a while.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BobTheFork said:
damnit I want to know when we get the trophies. I already have my speed whore run planned out.
Same here :lol

RpgN

So I promised to get Uncharted before 2 weeks ago. I was short on money, I ended up getting it yesterday. Today I tried it out...HOLLY SHIT! The game looks amazing. Actually everything is perfect. So far I collected 3 treasures and 1 trophy. I love collecting stuff :D

When I played the demo, I wasn't really impressed (besides the graphics). I kept thinking why Gaf loves the game so much. Thanks for convincing me to get it in the end.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RpgN said:
So I promised to get Uncharted before 2 weeks ago. I was short on money, I ended up getting it yesterday. Today I tried it out...HOLLY SHIT! The game looks amazing. Actually everything is perfect. So far I collected 3 treasures and 1 trophy. I love collecting stuff :D

When I played the demo, I wasn't really impressed (besides the graphics). I kept thinking why Gaf loves the game so much. Thanks for convincing me to get it in the end.
Yeah, I've learned not to go and judge games from demos.

Uncharted demo = Shit Full game = Own
SSHD demo = Shit Full game = Own
Puzzle Fighter demo = Shit Full game = Own
Lair demo = Shit Full game = Shit

Yoshichan

Relax, it's shit compared to the real deal :lol

Lots of frame rate drops, incredible tearing, boring environments. Basically the worst part of Uncharted.

Sushen

One thing that bothered me from this game and Metal Gear Solid 4 is that when you go into aiming by pressing L1, the center of the screen is not the center of the aiming so that I have to aim again... After playing Call of Duty 4 so much and being good enough to take advantage of the aiming system, it threw me off so badly.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
I got this game yesterday and I'm currently at chapter 16 and it has been grand adventure so far.

My only complain is camera angles, some times they cause too many unnecessary deaths.

DeadGzuz

Banned
The demo is kind of lame, most demos for good games are not doing the game any favors. The only game I can think of where the demo was better than the full game was Bioshock.

I'm in the middle of replaying the game on Crushing to get the trophies (I'm currently up to the Bunker) and I have to say that I love this game more every time I play it. The first time I started playing through on Crushing (pre-trophies) I hated it, but for some reason I seem to have tamed Crushing and everything just works. The enemy AI is awesome but not omnipotent, and good play is rewarded while bad play is punished.

For anyone who is trying Crushing for the first time, know that it will really piss you off at first, but once you start to change the way you play the game (and you will have to) things will fall into place. You will be drained by the time you beat it the first time, but if you ever do a second run through on Crushing you will find things to be very different.

Also there are good techniques to adopt for some of the really challenging fights, so if you get stuck then post here and get some advice.

Kittonwy

Banned
RpgN said:

Of course, I'm right. Kittonz are always right. I haz great gaming tastes.
gladtomeetya.gif

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
I'm up to chapter 20 so far.

Fuck, I love this game.

Best. Graphics. Ever.

Naughty Dog should licence the engine to Silicon Knights so they can make Eternal Darkness 2 with it.

Kittonwy

Banned
Witchfinder General said:
I'm up to chapter 20 so far.

Fuck, I love this game.

Best. Graphics. Ever.

Naughty Dog should licence the engine to Silicon Knights so they can make Eternal Darkness 2 with it.

Naughty Dog pwnz.
gladtomeetya.gif

RpgN

Kittonwy said:
Of course, I'm right. Kittonz are always right. I haz great gaming tastes.
gladtomeetya.gif

Of course, I'll never doubt the wisdom of kittonwy again :D

BTW I'm now at the part where the demo begins it seems. According to my save file I'm about 20% with 1:40 hours of playtime. Isn't that a little short?

BeeDog

RpgN said:
Of course, I'll never doubt the wisdom of kittonwy again :D

BTW I'm now at the part where the demo begins it seems. According to my save file I'm about 20% with 1:40 hours of playtime. Isn't that a little short?

Don't worry, there's a fair bit left of the game.

I'm not sure if I (or anyone else) ever brought this up, but I get a total Broken Sword vibe from Uncharted. Sadly it makes me hate the puzzles even more. How about a puzzle difficulty setting in the sequel?

TeTr1C

I got this last Christmas, beat it, and sold it.

I heard there were trophies so I just got it from GameFly again.

I LOVE THIS GAME.

For sure it's one of the best of this gen.

hobart

I'm sure my answer is somewhere in the thread... but I'm really wary of getting anything spoiled so I will just ask here:

I recently updated my game via the installation... haven't played in awhile......... and I'm stuck on the spinning coin before the game even LOADS.

What can I do to fix this? I tried logging out of PSN (which worked on GTA) and that doesn't seem to fix it. Thoughts?

Yoshichan

hobart said:
I'm sure my answer is somewhere in the thread... but I'm really wary of getting anything spoiled so I will just ask here:

I recently updated my game via the installation... haven't played in awhile......... and I'm stuck on the spinning coin before the game even LOADS.

What can I do to fix this? I tried logging out of PSN (which worked on GTA) and that doesn't seem to fix it. Thoughts?
Defect. I got two of those, it doesn't happen right away but after playing for a couple of hours.

My cousing got the same problem too, had to change it in for a new one. Good luck!

hobart

So you are saying that I have a defective game and the only way to fix this is by exchanging it for a new one?

Excellent. :) I'm really happy about that. :)

Kittonwy

Banned
hobart said:
So you are saying that I have a defective game and the only way to fix this is by exchanging it for a new one?

Excellent. :) I'm really happy about that. :)

I don't know, try going into game data utility and see if there's an uncharted file there, maybe delete that to see if the game would do another cache file. Obviously you would have to update again.

Don't touch the save data utility since that's your actual save.

I couldn't help but notice that Gamestop.com is no longer selling Uncharted, and Amazon is down to their last few copies (apparently)...

....Greatest Hits imminent?
-crosses fingers

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Revolutionary said:
I couldn't help but notice that Gamestop.com is no longer selling Uncharted, and Amazon is down to their last few copies (apparently)...

....Greatest Hits imminent?
-crosses fingers
It's already dropped to that price. Recently Assassin's Creed got added to the line, games will probably get added without any notification

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Revolutionary said:
Where was it dropped to $29.99? I want it lol
I bought it 30 euros over here in holland. Should be around the globe no? If you buy it from the net I'm sure you can even find it for about 20 euros.

Teetris said:
I bought it 30 euros over here in holland. Should be around the globe no? If you buy it from the net I'm sure you can even find it for about 20 euros.
Blah. You got me excited for a second...

Uncharted has been Greatest Hits in Europe for some time now.

It's yet to be made GH here in NA just yet... but as I said, hopefully the fact that it's depleting in stock left and right is a sign that it's going to be made GH soon.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
DeadGzuz said:
The demo is kind of lame, most demos for good games are not doing the game any favors. The only game I can think of where the demo was better than the full game was Bioshock.

The Prey demo is amazingly awesome. The rest of the game never matched it.

Top Bottom