• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unit 13 |OT|

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I bought the game from the PSN on sale. I cannot get past the second mission, the stealth one. What is the idea, just not being seen? It is hard to tell when they will see me or not and I tried like 12 times. Is it really that hard or am I doing it wrong?

Dingotech

Anybody willing to send me a friend request for Unit 13?

I need the co-op trophy and everytime I host or join a public game it just drops out after the game loading screen shows for ages...
It's sucking my will to live....

EDIT - Ok now it randomly worked thank god...

Thinking that I might pick this up in the EU sale, but not sure I have the time to play it :-/ 1st world problems and all that, even my Vita has it's own backlog now!

kiyomi

Thinking that I might pick this up in the EU sale, but not sure I have the time to play it :-/ 1st world problems and all that, even my Vita has it's own backlog now!

If it's any consolation, each mission is between 2-4 minutes from what I've played so far. I'm sure you could do them even quicker or take your time if you have the inclination.

I bought this on Wednesday with the sale. I really like the game thusfar. I do miss the gyro control scheme from something like Golden Abyss, but the Vita's sticks are just about okay enough to enable you to do what you want. Having the aim snap to an enemy's head is a pretty smart choice considering you first have to target them without your weapon up for it to happen. The AI seems a bit ditzy but it's forgiveable.

Also I just really love sprinting around stabbing dudes - your character doesn't seem to give a jot about the effort it takes to poke a knife in someone, so it feels super quick and arcade-like. Pretty fun game!

Skyzard

Banned
Finally got this game myself since it is on sale again. Controls well enough after you get used to it - I also had to increase vertical sensitivity quite a little (I also miss the gyro aim but it's not bad now).

Anyway, the game looks and plays great, been picking up the vita constantly to play some missions. Shame I didn't pick it up earlier, must have been the demo and the reports of crashing that put me off way back when it came out. Anyway, a steal! Don't miss it in the sale, especially if you've been craving a shooter on the Vita.

-It lets you know if the mission is long/medium/short btw.

Loving the focus on stealth in some of these missions too, shame it never got DLC or really caught on.

I just got into this this week and, boy, do those missions that have no health regen really suck.

also, while i enjoy that most missions are on the short side, i also really dislike the absence/infrequency of checkpoints, especially on those no-health-regen missions. Just give me a checkpoint when i get my health back so i can avoid getting frustrated by replaying the beginning of the mission 3-4 more times.

Lastly, I'm about halfway done with the game and it feels like it's really halfbaked. I could see this series having gone some interesting places if there was a unit 14 or something but that's just not happening :/

I think they did a great job designing a portable game. I love the no bullshit, straight to a mission gameplay.

The HVT missions are hard.

Top Bottom