• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

tusken77

Brilliant OT, brilliant title, OP. I know I'll be playing this very....

haircut7qqm6.gif

addik

As I said in the other thread, I should have pre-ordered this game. Our stores here gave out the Steelbook free with the pre-order plus a pair of movie tickets to a popular cinema chain here. Not a bad deal at all, plus I'll have a four-day weekend this week.

I wanted to read reviews before buying this game though. No that the cat's out of the bag, and that this game is apparently good, I'll be getting it this week.

So excited! I hope this does well!

Occupation - everyone was a college student.

Awesome OP dude. Pretty hyped for this game. Hoping it won't be long now before I wake up at the crack of Dawn.

eFKac

Cool that there is a TV ad at least, still not sure why no more marketing exposure for the game from Sony.

TimFL

Can someone confirm whether this can be played with multiple people without too much hassle? Like does the game make it clear what character you are about to play so you can hand over the controller (real quick)? Or does the game jump from character to character preventing something like that?

I wish they'd offer a native multiplayer/co-op mode that has indicators on what character is being controlled next (or would've been awesome if one could assign characters to controllers or add a name to them so it says "Up next: TimFL").

Can someone confirm whether this can be played with multiple people without too much hassle? Like does the game make it clear what character you are about to play so you can hand over the controller (real quick)? Or does the game jump from character to character preventing something like that?

I wish they'd offer a native multiplayer/co-op mode that has indicators on what character is being controlled next (or would've been awesome if one could assign characters to controllers or add a name to them so it says "Up next: TimFL").

Sometimes the game will switch characters during a cutscene. Say two are in the same scene, you'll change from one to the other.

Most of the time, though, the scenes change and you take control of a different character. It's not terribly abrupt, and you come to expect who you'll be changing to.

There is no "Up Next" or assigning.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

nikos

Been looking forward to this one. I've been on media blackout, so I don't even entirely know what it's about, but I can't wait to get into it.

Not even into horror games but I'm still really excited.

Paulhammer

Neo Member
Sometimes the game will switch characters during a cutscene. Say two are in the same scene, you'll change from one to the other.

Most of the time, though, the scenes change and you take control of a different character. It's not terribly abrupt, and you come to expect who you'll be changing to.

There is no "Up Next" or assigning.

You can also bring up the menu at any time (even during action scenes or tense moments), so handing the controls off would be doable, although there is often multiple hours between controlling the same character...

So what's the deal with the bonus chapter? I'm probably getting the game tonight but don't have a code yet from Amazon

Should I wait to play the game until I have my code? Where does the bonus chapter take place, before or after the game?

USA Until Dawn owners:

Did the code for the Bonus Chapter come included with the materials in the disc case, or was it a separate receipt printout? I want to know if I actually need to pre-order to get it, or if it's another one of those pre-order bonuses that gets shoved inside every Day 1 copy.

Code is on receipt/emailed to you. There's literally nothing in the case other than the game.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
So what's the deal with the bonus chapter? I'm probably getting the game tonight but don't have a code yet from Amazon

Should I wait to play the game until I have my code? Where does the bonus chapter take place, before or after the game?

I thought it was supposed to be a prologue. That would suck if it arrives days late...

I would highly recommend waiting for the code. The bonus scene occurs very early on in the game (during the game, not before or after) and if you don't play it you lose sync with the two characters. As this is a story-driven game, that's important.

Should I use my $60 on PSN for this? I was thinking Christmas time but the reviews have me hyped, plus, I'm a big big horror fan.

I was gonna use it for my MGS:V pre-order but I suppose ordering MGS from Amazon won't hurt.

Should I bite?

That's really shitty. Fuck.

Yeah, it's one of the worst preorder bonuses because it's pretty essential to the game. Those two characters randomly came back after certain events and I was like "Who are you? Where have you been?" It was one of my only complaints of the game.

Just read about no inverted aiming.

Well, fuck.

There's like
.00001%
shooting in this game (I don't think this is a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway), it's not worth stressing over.

antitrop

I would highly recommend waiting for the code. The bonus scene occurs very early on in the game (during the game, not before or after) and if you don't play it you lose sync with the two characters. As this is a story-driven game, that's important.

Shitty as fuuuuuuuuck.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Totally buying this tomorrow. I thought I recognized that dude from Mr. Robot. Pretty sweet cast they got for this game.

Should I use my $60 on PSN for this? I was thinking Christmas time but the reviews have me hyped, plus, I'm a big big horror fan.

I was gonna use it for my MGS:V pre-order but I suppose ordering MGS from Amazon won't hurt.

Should I bite?

If you're a big horror fan, absolutely. I despise horror games and I still loved it.

Melchiah

Will the bonus chapter be available separately later on? Hope so, as I don't have the time or the money to play the game right now.

Anung

Un Rama
That OT title is incredible. I'm really looking forward to playing this. I hope I have enough time with it before MGS drops.

Top Bottom