• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

As long as some of the characters are likable and the story doesn't completely fall apart in the back half, Heavy Rain style, I think I'll love it. A horror movie theme with awesome graphics, tough decision making and branching paths sounds perfect to me.

xion4360

the companion app provides more info on all the characters, but ill specify the ages since its not in the OP

Sam 19
Mike 19
Jessica 18
Chris 19
Ashley 18
Matt 18
Emily 19
Josh 20

border

Does this game work with Share Play?

And by that I mean two things:
--Is Share Play allowed?
--Is it lag-tolerant enough so that a friend could play and still be able to hit all of the QTEs?

Hasney

There's like
.00001%
shooting in this game (I don't think this is a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway), it's not worth stressing over.

Someones going to due still when I move the stick the wrong way. And people I'm playing with will laugh! It's not a deal breaker like it would be in a FPS/TPS, but still a slight bummer.

Yessssssssss

Looks like it'll be waiting for me when I get home today

kiYmCRxl.jpg

The bonus chapter is a preorder extra? Has anyone got their codes yet? I ordered my copy from Amazon.

Amazon as well. They said I'd have my code by Friday at latest

Dragon

Banned
Does this game work with Share Play?

And by that I mean two things:
--Is Share Play allowed?
--Is it lag-tolerant enough so that a friend could play and still be able to hit all of the QTEs?

Pretty sure all games work with SharePlay? Unless publisher blocked, and since Sony is publishing the game, it'd be extra shitty.

RedAssedApe

Banned
only watched one cutscene with emily and i immediately wanted her to be the first to be killed off.

also is there a black guy? please tell me he dies first. in spoiler tags of course lol

Kinsei

Banned
the companion app provides more info on all the characters, but ill specify the ages since its not in the OP

Sam 19
Mike 19
Jessica 18
Chris 19
Ashley 18
Matt 18
Emily 19
Josh 20

A single 20 year old hanging out with a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds in cheesy horror game? Very suspicious.

Fantastic OT!

I canceled my Amazon.ca order for this cause it'd be late and I'm tired of Amazon.ca

Gonna go pick it up immediately from Best Buy or EB Games tomorrow morning instead.

Fantastic OT!

I canceled my Amazon.ca order for this cause it'd be late and I'm tired of Amazon.ca

Gonna go pick it up immediately from Best Buy or EB Games tomorrow morning instead.

Lol my Amazon.ca order is out for delivery right now :p

Last 3 games I've ordered from them have been a day early actually

RedAssedApe

Banned
I follow Jordan Fisher on Instagram
lol
and he's posted a lot about the game urging people to buy it.

never heard of him. what else has he been in? his twitter does mention being into gaming and anime so i guess that makes more sense. to some of these other people its just a job and not a passion.

Elitist1945

never heard of him. what else has he been in? his twitter does mention being into gaming and anime so i guess that makes more sense. to some of these other people its just a job and not a passion.

He's basically just been in Disney TV movies. Nothing I've seen.

xion4360

gamersyde videos show that framerate is fairly uneven.. the set camera angles probably led people who are already not great at noticing framerate to begin with to say its solid but its not a solid 30.. still not too bad tho, seems ok.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i wonder how long ago these actors worked on this game? i mean its been in dev for like 4-5 years since ps3 no? some of them might have forgotten about it lol

Damn, this may be the most stylish OT I have ever seen. Brilliant job Dinjooh! Makes it attempting to buy the game, if only I had time and wasn't a complete coward.

It's going to be a lot of fun comparing choices with people tomorrow.

The Butterfly Effect system is incredible. Even if two people have the same character survive, they can survive in completely different ways, or for a completely different length of time, therefore creating two truly unique experiences.

UberTag

damn...with how important the dlc sounds, they should really put it up to buy on psn tomorrow/tonight
It'll be up for digital preorders with the game at midnight.
Not sure whether people who haven't preordered the game will be able to find tokens in Day 1 retail copies of the game. Hopefully that's the case.

It'll be up for digital preorders with the game at midnight.
Not sure whether people who haven't preordered the game will be able to find tokens in Day 1 retail copies of the game. Hopefully that's the case.

I think its printed on your receipt if you pick it up at a store, or emailed to you if you got it online

Top Bottom