• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

My friend has bought the steelbook edition, and he is goign to bring his ps4 to play in group. Cant really wait. Great OP!

Was scrolling down the characters, and i laughed when I saw Panettiere there. Watched Scream 1 and Scream 4 last week, so its funny to see she appears in a slasher movie and a slasher game.

Just a heads up for anyone picking the game up tomorrow, my moderately sized Gamestop in a non-rural area is only getting 5 copies total of this tomorrow and I happened to pre-order the last one about a hour ago so this might be a little lean at B&M stores initially.

carlsojo

Fantastic OT. Needs the Road Not Taken trailer though!

Just a heads up for anyone picking the game up tomorrow, my moderately sized Gamestop in a non-rural area is only getting 5 copies total of this tomorrow and I happened to pre-order the last one about a hour ago so this might be a little lean at B&M stores initially.

Yep, my Gamestop today said they weren't getting too many copies. But at least they'll be open at midnight tonight since apparently Madden's coming out too.

It'll be up for digital preorders with the game at midnight.
Not sure whether people who haven't preordered the game will be able to find tokens in Day 1 retail copies of the game. Hopefully that's the case.

There was literally nothing in my game case aside from the disc.

:( :( Not for me I guess, damn, I'd love to play an nextgen AAA TellTale/LiS like game

You should still play it, I'm like you but I still loved it. You'll get used to the jump scares...well not really but still play it!

It'll be up for digital preorders with the game at midnight.
Not sure whether people who haven't preordered the game will be able to find tokens in Day 1 retail copies of the game. Hopefully that's the case.

yeah, I am renting the game from redbox if any local one gets the game. but I would gladly pay for the dlc on psn, before I get it on ebay

Great OT!

Looking forward to this game a lot! Sometimes I feel like I just want a game that I can sit back, relax, and casually play, and this seems like the perfect game. The reviews seem pretty good so far, looking forward to picking this up eventually.

If anyone hasn't received their preorder code yet, I just contacted Amazon.ca live chat and they gave it to me. Redeemed it successfully so I'm all ready to play in a few hours!

mike4001_

Question for people who already got it.

Is it one of those games where you don´t have an objective what you need to do (like the Vanishing of Ethan Carter).

Or is there at least some sort of scripted progress or something which guides you through the game?

Anybody else going to pick this up at midnight tonight? I'm sure I'll be the only one in my store with everyone else getting Madden

Question for people who already got it.

Is it one of those games where you don´t have an objective what you need to do (like the Vanishing of Ethan Carter).

Or is there at least some sort of scripted progress or something which guides you through the game?

It's linear. There's absolutely no way you cant progress

Just preordered this at the last minute to get the extra chapter and I'm hoping to get a Steelbook edition, I got the arkham knight steelbook and it wasn't advertised anywhere.

(Buying from Liverpool's website in Mexico)

WITHE1982

What a well made OT. Great job OP.

Sadly I have to wait until Friday to grab my copy (UK) so will be avoiding this thread until after the weekend.

Had this pre ordered for a few months despite friends questioning my decision. After reading a few reviews i'm so glad my choice seems justified. Can't wait to play through this with those same doubting mates.

GavinUK86

that is one awesome ot.

does anyone know if it's fine to buy this from the us psn if my main account is an eu one? i did it for the last of us but not sure if it's the same for every game.

Anyone with the game experience weird technical issues?

I've had loading icons show up in the middle of cutscenes, stopping everything but the audio and then the lipsync is destroyed for the remainder of that scene.

Also been experincing a bunch of weird framerate drops here and there (plus the disc sounds like it's been run back and forth in the machine).

TripOpt55

Gamefly is sending this to me. These types of games aren't exactly my thing, but I love the slasher movie vibe, so I am looking forward to giving this a go.

Anyone with the game experience weird technical issues?

I've had loading icons show up in the middle of cutscenes, stopping everything but the audio and then the lipsync is destroyed for the remainder of that scene.

Also been experincing a bunch of weird framerate drops here and there (plus the disc sounds like it's been run back and forth in the machine).

Wow, sounds like a messed up disc or something. The worst I had was two freezes and both occurred on my second/clean-up playthroughs. My first playthrough was perfect, aside from an occasional hitch when transitioning from gameplay to a scripted scene, but even then it happened less than five times all game.

Dinjooh

The jump scares are real.

Zu4lt9N.jpg

Alo0oy

Banned
Great OT.

So excited for this, about a decade ago I marathoned Friday The 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, I (still) know what you did last summer & other niche one entry slashers, but I haven't watched any slasher since. So this game should feel very nostalgic.

How important is the pre order scene? I want to get this in October since I'll be in the mood, but if not sure it'll be available so I'd pick it up tomorrow and just sit on the game till then.

Jessica from the survival horror game, Until Dawn (2015)

Amy from the survival horror game, Obscure: The Aftermath (2007)

Jessica looks 100% like Jennifer Lawrence, and I'm assuming she's modeled after her.

How important is the pre order scene? I want to get this in October since I'll be in the mood, but if not sure it'll be available so I'd pick it up tomorrow and just sit on the game till then.

Unfortunately, it's very important. It occurs early on in the game and involves two (so 25%) of the main characters, so by missing it you miss out on connecting with these characters early. This connection is made up as the story goes on, but it definitely feels awkward.

Jessica looks 100% like Jennifer Lawrence, and I'm assuming she's modeled after her.

Unfortunately, it's very important. It occurs early on in the game and involves two (so 25%) of the main characters, so by missing it you miss out on connecting with these characters early. This connection is made up as the story goes on, but it definitely feels awkward.
Thanks, guess I'll pick this up and hopefully the code is on the receipt.

Catdaddy

I ran into a similar problem when I bought Alien Isolation from Gamestop, they only had a couple non-preorder copies. After I saw the reviews went on first thing and reserved a copy for pickup. Not sure what that says about sales expectations, but usually when they don’t get that many, they aren’t expecting a lot of sales.

Ravijn

Just ordered it from Amazon and was able to still get the pre-order code. Can't wait to play it tomorrow.

GavinUK86

Rami Malek is in this?! Dope. I love his new show.

Mr Robot is soooo good.

Just flicking through the companion app and the character test gave me Emily too. I guess there are a lot of Emily's on GAF lol.

Just downloading my digital preorder but no mention of the prologue. I hope they release that at midnight, I kinda wanna play for that first.

AdaWong

It's Meaghan Martin!
medium_meaghan-martin.jpg

Look on page 1 of this thread it shows who they are modeled after which are the voice actors and it's not Jenn Law

All the characters are modeled after their respective actors

It's Meaghan Martin!

Haha, I knew everyone was going to say this. I was almost going to add, "even though I know it's not her." But she looks and acts 100% like Jennifer Lawrence; there's definitely some intentional similarities.

Leeness

Great OT!

Took the character test on the companion app, got Ashley. My girl!

Also lol, did anyone else get an "incoming call - unknown" after doing the character test? It came up in the app so I assume it was an "ooh the killer is calling you" thing, but I heard nothing :D

GavinUK86

Great OT!

Took the character test on the companion app, got Ashley. My girl!

Also lol, did anyone else get an "incoming call - unknown" after doing the character test? It came up in the app so I assume it was an "ooh the killer is calling you" thing, but I heard nothing :D

Yeah, he just threatens you a bit. I actually thought my iPad was ringing until I realised it's my iPad not my phone, lol.

Top Bottom