• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Post-launch PS Vita titles

Twinduct

Hmm any new media on Warrior's Lair yet? I can only find the gameplay vids from the E3 conference. One of my most hyped games (Hack And Slash, loot whoring).

In fact, any loot whoring hack and slash/ rpg games on the horizon?

I wonder if we will see more of stuff like this. I mean games that will be localized, but wont make it as a physical copy. Making games digital download only must be a lot cheaper. As a game collector i think it is a pity, but on the other hand i think it is good if it leads to more games being released in the west.

Would be nice if this becomes common!

Takao

Banned
A bunch of sites are reporting that Book of Memories was delayed, but March 27 was always the release date, lol.

I'm really surprised Konami hasn't even cut a proper trailer for the game. All we've had is the footage intertwined between the producer's interview. I guess it showcases how confident Konami is in the game. I wonder if it was a stipulation from Sony due to the latter distributing and promoting the films?

I'm interested in Unit 13 this week but I'm wondering if I should hold off to make sure the issues people had with the demo (system lock ups and such) aren't in the full game. Anyone making an OT for it?

In fact, any loot whoring hack and slash/ rpg games on the horizon?

Can't think of anything besides Warriors Lair but I enjoyed Untold Legends on the PSP. Might be worth grabbing one of those if they are cheap

AppleBlade

There are some interesting games in those list but since the Vita is pretty much my primary gaming device I am hoping we get some console-calibur FPS's(i.e. Killzone, Bulletstorm), WRPGs (i.e. Fallout 3, Dragon Age), and Action-Adventure games (i.e. Batman:AA, Metal Gear Solid, etc.). They are a necessary part of my gaming diet.

New PS3/Vita game: T.U.M.

Few details on T.U.M. are known at this point, aside from the fact it's being produced for release on the PSN on both the Vita and the PS3, and, it's being created by the developer behind the recently-released PSN title, Smash 'N' Survive.

Here's a description from developer, Version2Games:

T.U.M. is an action adventure title and is a story of “Jay”.

Jay wakes up from cryogenic sleep. He does not know who he is and where he is. As soon as he gets out, he discovers a world that is entirely made up of concrete and metal. There are no traces of life, no animals, no trees, not even weeds among the stones. The only remnants of nature are dried out plants with no leaves on them, just roots and dead vines.

He soon comes across creatures that have enslaved beings like himself. He must escape them to save his live and there’s only one way is to fight those creatures which makes him an accidental hero. That’s when he hears a voice, the voice of Gaia, the mother nature. She asks him to restore life to this once-thriving place.

The game is a mix of puzzle and combat with dark humor embedded in the dialogs, surroundings and even characters.

Trailer in the link below:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/new-ps3vita-exclusive-tum-in-development-11459

Elios83

Unless Psone compatibility is added soon, my next game for Vita will be Gravity Rush...so yeah...there's a software drought for my tastes.
Hopefully Sony will announce big things for the system for the rest of the year other than COD and AC, they have to if they want this system to take off.

Has there been any word on when Sound Shapes is supposed to come out? It's been my favorite title by far at all the Vita events I've covered, but the dev I spoke to at the last one couldn't tell me anything beyond "launch window." It's really the only title so far that I've liked enough to consider purchasing a Vita for, but man am I excited for it. I just wish I had a release date to look forward to.

StuBurns

Banned
Has there been any word on when Sound Shapes is supposed to come out? It's been my favorite title by far at all the Vita events I've covered, but the dev I spoke to at the last one couldn't tell me anything beyond "launch window." It's really the only title so far that I've liked enough to consider purchasing a Vita for, but man am I excited for it. I just wish I had a release date to look forward to.
Nothing official, but it'll be a while, he's currently looking for a programmer for the project for a 3-6 month fixed contract. Given hiring, six months of development, a month of submission, it could be as late as this holiday.

Nothing official, but it'll be a while, he's currently looking for a programmer for the project for a 3-6 month fixed contract. Given hiring, six months of development, a month of submission, it could be as late as this holiday.

Wait, what? Seriously?! I had gotten the impression that it was almost ready to go! How surprising, and... disappointing. :( Well, maybe if I'm lucky, the Vita will have gotten a price drop by the time it comes out... though, considering how it's doing better than everyone expected, probably not.

StuBurns

Banned
Wait, what? Seriously?! I had gotten the impression that it was almost ready to go! How surprising, and... disappointing. :( Well, maybe if I'm lucky, the Vita will have gotten a price drop by the time it comes out... though, considering how it's doing better than everyone expected, probably not.
I guess it's possible he's hiring the programmer for post-launch stuff. You could tweet or email him and ask. It has been oddly silent from Sony.

I guess it's possible he's hiring the programmer for post-launch stuff. You could tweet or email him and ask. It has been oddly silent from Sony.

Yeah, maybe I'll try tweeting him. The guy I talked to at the press event definitely said it would be out during the launch window (which I figure to be no later than May), and it would be weird for it to see a delay so soon after he said that. But Sony has definitely been strangely quiet about the game... I hope it's not running into development trouble.

addyb

Well unit 13 next for me. After that I'm looking forward to:

Resistance
Gravity Rush
Little kings story
Mortal Kombat
Monkeyball (if it's a return to form but I fear the worst)
Silent hill

So only a handful there but I've still got a couple of launch titles I want to pickup along with some psp games I missed. Failing that I've got EG to keep me occupied whilst i wait for certain releases.

LOCK

The only thing that I'm interested in with a release date is Gravity Rush. Everything else I want is TBA. :(

PaulLFC

Has it been announced whether Sumioni will release in Europe? I can't find anything related to it on the European PS Blog.

KingK

Any news on when the FFX HD remaster is releasing? Or the Zone of the Enders and MGS HD collections for that matter?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pulled the trigger today on a copy of Ragnarok Odyssey. Anyone else thinking of importing that once the online patch hits?

JWong

Banned
Pulled the trigger today on a copy of Ragnarok Odyssey. Anyone else thinking of importing that once the online patch hits?

I know you are on Japan PSN, but I don't think the patch will work for someone on other region PSN. I'm not sure though.

Since I was told the trophies are defaulted to Japanese, I feel like I shouldn't import this. Don't want a Japanese trophy list for my entire life.

nasos_333

Is Grand Knight History 100% confirmed to play on Vita ?

That would be great, maybe a reason to get one

Dragons Crown and Ruin are on PS3 too i think, so i will buy them there, so Grand Knight could make all the difference ( i mainly play RPGs)

Also is there a release date for Europe ?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I know you are on Japan PSN, but I don't think the patch will work for someone on other region PSN. I'm not sure though.

Since I was told the trophies are defaulted to Japanese, I feel like I shouldn't import this. Don't want a Japanese trophy list for my entire life.

I went down that path a loooong time ago.

I'm not sure the patch won't work. Patching isn't region locked, as confirmed by someone who has a US PSN and the HK version of Uncharted.

Is Grand Knight History 100% confirmed to play on Vita ?

That would be great, maybe a reason to get one

Dragons Crown and Ruin are on PS3 too i think, so i will buy them there, so Grand Knight could make all the difference ( i mainly play RPGs)

Also is there a release date for Europe ?

GKH Japanese version works no problem.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Noooo, don't say that, Sound Shapes is the game I've been most looking forward to. :(

As for the other games, some decent ones coming out. Hopefully Sony will announce a few more interesting titles in the next few months.

I didn't think much of Gravity Rush till I recently watched the long gameplay vid someone had up, music sounds amazing in it. That alone had me drooling.
Also, Unit 13 could be cool. Despite the demo issues, it seemed to have fairly positive impressions.

Didn't Lego Harry Potter 5-7 come out this week in the U.S.? But it was never on the list here right? Is the list being kept up-to-date?

Top Bottom