• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Post-launch PS Vita titles

Interested in:

Motorstorm RC
Disgaea 3
Gravity Daze
Dragon's Crown (this one looks so good)
LBP
Final Fantasy X HD
MGS HD
SF x Tekken

And maybe any JRPGs that get localized.

Looks like a great lineup to me, as long as things aren't too delayed.

.hacked

I can't wait for E3, just imagine all the classic PS2/Xbox/PS3/Xbox360 games that can get a vita port...

I hope the MGS pack comes with all 3 games like the US set.

Xiaoki

Dragon's Crown and Warrior's Lair will keep me busy for a while.

Gravity Rush looks like a must-buy for any discerning Vita owner.

Bebpo

Banned
I love the Vita and think it's launch lineup is the best in history and could have been spread out at 2 games a month for a year creating a fantastic first year lineup.

That being said, there isn't much announced for upcoming. Especially if you import and already have 999-2, ToI-R, Gravity Daze, Ragnorak.

The only exclusive games coming of note are YsIVr, Zero no Kiseki Full Voice, and P4 The Golden, LBP, The Show. That's nice and all for a few months, but they really need a lot of announcements to flesh out the fall/winter for the system.

Lookin through that list I really wish there were more original Vita games and less console ports , getting a PSP vibe from the upcoming game list, and that's not a food thing

Yopis

Waiting for Persona my 60gig died before I could finish it. Hurry up atlas, and why no skate or SSX game for vita?

Spiegel

I hope that lineup gets filled with a lot more PSN/XBLA-like games.

Waiting for Persona my 60gig died before I could finish it. Hurry up atlas, and why no skate or SSX game for vita?

EA is not very confident on Vita and their smartphone games seem to do well enough for them. They are testing the waters with sure sellers (Fifa and Madden basically).

Grimmy

Banned
EA is not very confident on Vita and their smartphone games seem to do well enough for them. They are testing the waters with sure sellers (Fifa and Madden basically).

It's not just EA. Even companies like Capcom are just basically "testing the waters" with their Vita lineup.

So far I only see Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Interactive really putting some weight to their Vita lineup. And surprisingly the smaller publishers like XSEED and Aksys are helping with niche games like Sumioni and BlazBlue.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I love the Vita and think it's launch lineup is the best in history and could have been spread out at 2 games a month for a year creating a fantastic first year lineup.

That being said, there isn't much announced for upcoming. Especially if you import and already have 999-2, ToI-R, Gravity Daze, Ragnorak.

The only exclusive games coming of note are YsIVr, Zero no Kiseki Full Voice, and P4 The Golden, LBP, The Show. That's nice and all for a few months, but they really need a lot of announcements to flesh out the fall/winter for the system.
Well, the fall/winter schedule is usually defined by E3 so I think we should wait until then. We don't even really have a solid lineup for other established consoles yet.

They're focusing on the present and near future right now, it seems.

Perkel

Banned
Persona 4 is must buy for me :)

Hope Crapcom will anounce real monster hunter for Vita on engine from lost planet 2

Man, the OP completely vindicates Vita early adopters as far as I'm concerned... Just a killer line-up of up-coming titles... I could be gaming for a year just with what's been announced to date. Really.

MLB 12: The Show, unit 13, Mortal Kombat, Motorstorm: RC, Little Big Planet, and Resistance all look good enough to keep me busy until we get the E3 reveals.

It's not just EA. Even companies like Capcom are just basically "testing the waters" with their Vita lineup.

So far I only see Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Interactive really putting some weight to their Vita lineup. And surprisingly the smaller publishers like XSEED and Aksys are helping with niche games like Sumioni and BlazBlue.

Capcom seems to be sitting deeply in Nintendo pocket so I wouldn't hope too much from them.

Well, the fall/winter schedule is usually defined by E3 so I think we should wait until then. We don't even really have a solid lineup for other established consoles yet.

We don't have solid release dates for established platforms but we have a pretty heavy lineup of annouced and expected games for the home consoles/PC at the end of the year.

nordique

Hmm. Very few games there that actually interest me.

Oh well, it will be a while before I get to playing Uncharted anyway so I'm in no rush. I have no doubt that some titles like NHL 13 will also be revealed. Main reason I got a Vita was to play some of those games.

The games will come, I'm sure. Right now majority of these titles focus on very specific tastes.

Spiegel

Talking about games announced, Capcom is probably the worst Vita supporter. One late port of a fighting game (UMvsC) and another very late port of a fighting game (SFxT) and that's about it.

At least EA is putting two of its biggest franchises on Vita.

Grimmy

Banned
Talking about games announced, Capcom is probably the worst Vita supporter. One late port of a fighting game (UMvsC) and another very late port of a fighting game (SFxT) and that's about it.

At least EA is putting two of its biggest franchises on Vita.

There's no doubt Capcom's support is abysmal. Comparatively, other Japanese publishers:

Konami:
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
New Little King's Story
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2012
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
AR Combat DigiQ: Tomodachi Senshatai
Mahjong Fight Club: Shinsei Zenkoku Taisen Han
Puddle

Namco Bandai:
Ridge Racer (lol)
Tales of Innocence R
Touch My Katamari
Super Robot Taisen (working title)
Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Battle Destiny

Sega:
Samurai & Dragons
Yakuza (working title)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition

Square Enix:
Final Fantasy X HD
Army Corps of Hell
Lord of Apocalypse

Tecmo Koei:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma+
Dynasty Warriors Next

Capcom:
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Street Fighter X Tekken

salromano

Should add Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki Evolution (Falcom) in overseas. Here's a pic:

xgXbN.jpg

Ken

Dragon's Crown and Warrior's Lair will keep me busy for a while.

Gravity Rush looks like a must-buy for any discerning Vita owner.
Platinum'd GD last night, and yeah, every Vita owner needs to try it at least once, except for the ones that hate fun.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Have Gravity Rush preordered for $20 (thanks for the credit Amazon!). Wish it wasn't so far off.

Must have Ys. Hopefully we see it next year, I think this year is pushing it since it hasn't even been released in Japan yet.

Might get Warrior's Lair and Tales of Innocence R if they are any good (and localized in the case of the latter).

Also picking up Growlanser digitally.

Anything on consoles or PC I'll get elsewhere.

Jigsaw

Banned
I only included games with localization possibilities.

that's why you should add it,this is not trails in the skies 2 or 3,it's legend of heroes 7,it's on psp,pc and soon vita,if xseed starts to support steam this will probably one of the the first games they pick up

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
that's why you should add it,this is not trails in the skies 2 or 3,it's legend of heroes 7,it's on psp,pc and soon vita,if xseed starts to support steam this will probably one of the the first games they pick up

Zero no Kiseki has no realistic chance at localization. We'll be lucky if the rest of the original trilogy ends up localized. It doesn't make all that much sense to localize Zero without finishing the trilogy, unless they offered some sort of book or something that filled in the gaps.

And the PC version is terrible and not even worth considering for localization.

MrMephistoX

Borderlands 2? X-com? Darksiders 2? Ghost Recon? NCAA football?

I would have hoped it would have gotten some of the bigger games also heading for the PS3.

While it would be cool to get the ports I really hope Sony embraces Remote Play instead.

Portable gamers who like JRPGs and know enough Japanese to enjoy those titles is a micro-niche within a niche within a niche: pretty sure those titles will still have some buzz if theyre localized.

whitehawk

Banned
Unit 13
Gravity Rush
Resistance
Soundshapes
LBP
Ridge Racer (if more DLC is free)

That's only including the games with screenshots. There are also a bunch of games from launch, and onces that have only been announced that I want.

MarkusRJR

I'm for sure picking up Motorstorm RC, LittleBigPlanet, Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (not sure if I should pick it up on 3DS or Vita), and Persona 4: Golden. I'm sorta interested in picking up SoundShapes, Dragon's Crown, and Gravity Rush, but it really depends on spare money/free time/reviews.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
All games should keep in mind what they are on console like game don't do well on hand holds, They not the same as consoles, You sit down for hours "eg MGS4 cut scene would be a crazy idea for a hand hold"

Take Zelda handhold's (not the remake) they top down unlike the console Zelda's they play to the strength of the media they on you can have IP of game but you have to change them for a the media of being a handhold game

but the media it is on is a portable console?

why would the vita try to aim at a market that is covered by mobile phones? i'm not seeing call of duty on my Android that will control exactly and perform as well as a console game at home.

the trend now is to become more portable. people want to play console games outside of the home, too.

i would think that there is ROOM FOR ANY TYPE OF GAME to be released. is the market so constricted that only games that have "mobility in mind" such as changing the view from 3d to 2d isometric (which is an asinine argument in itself, when it is clearly an artistic design choice to keep in line with previous versions of Zelda portable titles) are allowed to even be released?

Nintendo isn't excused from doing this themselves. They put a bunch of N64 games on the DS, remember? I'm sure they would have put Wii ports on there if the hardware could handle it. Console games not being mobile is just an excuse to not want it. No one is forcing you to buy both.

Perkel

Banned
Just saw mh4 trailer. No wonder it wasn't anouced on vita. Character models are better but everything is looking like PSP version with minor upgrade. It would be easly worst looking game on vita and i think crapcom would't like it.

Hope they use their mt framework for vita vesion.

As of games mentioned. Is Persona 4 straight port with more content or they did rework graphic ? So far screens looked like same as ps2 version with upped res.

Top Bottom