• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Post-launch PS Vita titles

I'm sold on the Vita if the DJ Max Technika port turns out well.

Too bad they aren't starting out with Technika 3 though... I want those KARA songs.

Binabik15

Seriously just have them all. The more games this platform gets the better. Even touch screen games that I really hate, put it on the Vita as well.

It's going to suck waiting more then a month for Disgaea 3 portable.

Fine with me.

But drop the € game prices. 50€ for Hot Shots Golf? Lulz.

I want quite a lot of launch games that I haven't bought yet, let alone played, so I have a nice time buffer until more games come out.

injurai

Banned
Wow, didnt realize how strong their post-launch lineup was. Just an insane amount of games I want off that list. Love my Vita!

Yeah I think I can list over 20 that I want, which is like 17 more games than what I have wanted from any other console launch. That's not including all the PSP games that I want to play.

Saroyan

Disgaea 3
Persona 4
Gravity Rush
Motorstorm RC
Good People Die
Dragon's Crown

Hell yes. Looks like a pretty stellar lineup to me.

Apeopleman

Any news on Killzone vita? All I've seen is screenshots and a 30 second playthrough. The release date isn't listed on Amazon either

BFIB

GTA V for the Vita.
Or San Andreas Stories.
Or Red Dead Revisted.

Give me one of those Rockstar!

Pagusas

Elden Member
All games should keep in mind what they are on console like game don't do well on hand holds, They not the same as consoles, You sit down for hours "eg MGS4 cut scene would be a crazy idea for a hand hold"

Take Zelda handhold's (not the remake) they top down unlike the console Zelda's they play to the strength of the media they on you can have IP of game but you have to change them for a the media of being a handhold game

How about we do take Zelda 3DS as an example and realize that played better than ANY zelda handheld. In fact the zelda hand helds MADE for portables were terrible (or at least bellow zelda standards). So by your own logic a console game made a better portable game then games designed with it in mind. Portable gaming has evolved and changed, tables and phones are where "quick/dedicated portable games" belong, handhelds like Vita and 3DS are where Console in your pocket experiences belong.

How about we do take Zelda 3DS as an example and realize that played better than ANY zelda handheld. In fact the zelda hand helds MADE for portables were terrible (or at least bellow zelda standards). So by your own logic a console game made a better portable game then games designed with it in mind. Portable gaming has evolved and changed, tables and phones are where "quick/dedicated portable games" belong, handhelds like Vita and 3DS are where Console in your pocket experiences belong.

Ok let take it they change a lot for the remake gyro aiming and camera work, touch screen Item for fast and easy equipment and to be far its a old game. Its better if game do try and play to being a hand hold and not just port the same game over.

PS and i think you so wrong about Zelda top down game being weaker, They not the same game

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
All games should keep in mind what they are on console like game don't do well on hand holds, They not the same as consoles, You sit down for hours "eg MGS4 cut scene would be a crazy idea for a hand hold"

Take Zelda handhold's (not the remake) they top down unlike the console Zelda's they play to the strength of the media they on you can have IP of game but you have to change them for a the media of being a handhold game
Zelda was "overhead" simply due to hardware limitations of previous Nintendo handhelds. Now that they have a more powerful platform you can bet that most Zelda 3DS titles will follow the OoT style of design.

Console Zelda games were overhead as well at one point, you know.

You also should realize that MGS4 doesn't exactly represent the common console release. We can have portable games that more closely match console games without jumping to 30 minute cutscenes.

SykoTech

All games should keep in mind what they are on console like game don't do well on hand holds

How come you don't say this for Mario 3D Land? Or Luigi's Mansion 2? Or Paper Mario 3DS? Or Kingdom Hearts 3D?

I still think that sort of "logic" is dumb. A "console experience" doesn't automatically become bad (in terms of quality or sales) just because it's on a handheld.

Himself

I'm more excited for the post-launch stuff than the already incredible first batch of games. Gravity Daze, Sound Shapes, Dragon's Crown, Resistance, Disgaea, Persona, Good Peeps Dyin' and Shit...

Skilletor

Dragon's Crown is going to look stunning on this screen. That and Gravity Daze are my most anticipated.

I'll probably try out P4G. Really hope ragnarok odyssey gets released outside of japan.

After playing the demo of Unit 13, I'll be sure to pick that up.

Really looking forward to Disgaea 3.

Really REALLY looking forward to DJ Max Technika.

Day 1 purchases for all.

I'd argue that this E3 is the most important for any handheld of the last two generations.
If Sony can deliver some big time announcements, it will help Vita survive and possible flourish this year, thereby bringing more interest for other developers and parties. If Sony flounders at E3 then...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
There's some solid games there and I'm buying more than a few. This year will be a primarily Vita year with PC not far behind. The post launch will not be dry at all as I'm getting 4 games in the next 4 months and that's not even counting stuff on PSN like Sound Shapes or MS RC. Good times ahead for Vita.

KalBalboa

Banned
Little Big Planet was the game that sold me on the Vita after I tried it hands on. Don't underestimate that game with touch screen support.

Huff

Banned
I'd argue that this E3 is the most important for any handheld of the last two generations.
If Sony can deliver some big time announcements, it will help Vita survive and possible flourish this year, thereby bringing more interest for other developers and parties. If Sony flounders at E3 then...

They have to knock it out of the park the way Nintendo did last E3

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm getting a Vita in April (most likely), and I'm looking at:

Must Buy:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Final Fantasy X HD

Will Buy (system up for grab):
Rayman Origins (Vita, HD Twins, or 3DS)
Good People Die (Vita or 3DS)

Interested in:
Fifa
MLB The Show
Unit 13
Motorstorm RC
New Little King Story
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Resistance
Little Big Planet
Dust 514

* All the other titles will have to get really good reviews to pop up on my radar.

Before year's end I'll probably end up buying 3 from my Must Buy, 1 from my Will Buy, 2-3 from my interested in, and 1-2 that is something completely off my radar. That's pretty much the same amount I bought for the 3DS (9) in that time frame. I'll also most likely throw in some digital titles like I did with the 3DS as well.

Hopefully PSVita has a stellar showing at E3 and I can add to this list.

Zoibie

I still haven't watched GiantBomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run so when The Golden releases in Europe, I'm going to play it alongside the videos. For someone who's fairly inexperienced at playing JRPGs, I'm surprisingly excited about P4.

Afrikan

For those who want sports console ports, you already have Fifa and soon MLB The Show.

Madden 13 is listed on gamestop's site. I believe EA Canada, who did a great job with Fifa, will do a great job with their NHL release. There is also VT4 for tennis fans....and there is an *MMA* game coming as well. I'm also sure THQ is working on porting UFC 3. They did a good job on the PSP version of the previous game.

There are a few console like fps games coming as well. I'm personally looking forward to Dust514.

I'd also like to see how Journy looks and moves on dat OLED screen. Mmmm. Hope there is a vita version.

Mihos

Gold Member
Everything that is a loot game or RPG is on my list.

Mortal Kombat may be too good to pass up for me as well.

Jesus there are so many games I want out of that list.

Gravity Daze
Dragon's Crown
Unit 13
Ragnarok Odyssey
Lord of Apocalypse
Persona 4: The Golden
SoundShapes
Little King's Story
Samurai & Dragons
Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees
Grand Knights History

and Type 0 of course.

More than enough games to last me the entire year. Great line up.

Rootbeer

Banned
As a Vita owner, outside of Gravity Rush, LBP and (maybe) Warrior's Lair, I can take or leave most of the games confirmed for the West.

It depresses me to think that the plethora of great looking J-games may never come here! Lord of Apocalypse, Little King's Story, Persona 4: The Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, Tales of Innocence R, Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees!!

Still baffles me that almost every Disgea game gets released over here (who is actually playing these!?), but we don't get some of these other high-profile titles.

I bought a Vita with the specific hope of playing more JRPGS because fewer and fewer are being developed for consoles in favor of handhelds... I hope it pays off.

jackdoe

It depresses me to think that the plethora of great looking J-games may never come here! Lord of Apocalypse, Little King's Story, Persona 4: The Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, Tales of Innocence R, Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees!!
Persona 4 and Ys are pretty much a shoe in for release in the West and Little King's Story is practically guaranteed with the European release.

GeoramA

LittleBigPlanet, Sound Shapes, and Gravity Rush all day 1.

Dragon's Crown and Persona 4 as well, whenever they hit the US.

Jesus there are so many games I want out of that list.

Gravity Daze
Dragon's Crown
Unit 13
Ragnarok Odyssey
Lord of Apocalypse
Persona 4: The Golden
SoundShapes
Little King's Story
Samurai & Dragons
Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees
Grand Knights History

and Type 0 of course.

More than enough games to last me the entire year. Great line up.

please release this....please...

Top Bottom