• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Post-launch PS Vita titles

Protome

I had no idea Motorstorm RC wasn't out in the US yet, it launched in the UK earlier this week.
I bought it on PS3, absolutely fantastic game. The lack of online multiplayer is disappointing however.

yencid

i hope Unit 13 does well through word of mouth.

When it was announced pretty much every one dismissed it but the demo is awesome.

Varion

As of games mentioned. Is Persona 4 straight port with more content or they did rework graphic ? So far screens looked like same as ps2 version with upped res.
The former, no indication of the graphics undergoing any significant changes at all.

cyborg009

Banned
Inafune was a big supporter of PSP, and felt it would be a huge chunk of their future. In a way, he was right. But it was clear their avalanche of ports, and remakes did not do well.

Wasn't most PSP monster hunter were ports and portable 3rd used assets from tri?

jgmo870

Banned
Assuming they're all localized

Gravity Rush
Dragon's Crown
LBP
Sound Shapes
DJ Max Technika
Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die
Lord of Apocalypse
Malicious
Persona 4: The Golden
Ragnarok Odyssey
Tales of Innocence R
Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees
Unit 13
Alien Spidy
Disgaea 3
Warrior's Lair
LoH
FF10
Time Travelers
Oddworld games
ZOE

PSP games:
Type-0
Gungnir
Growlanser
Grand Knights History

The Vita's really shaping up to be my go to console.

Pachimari

Great thanks,
Then I guess these are the titles I'm looking forward to:

- Silent Hill: Book of Memories
- Gravity Rush
- Persona 4
- Resistance: Burning Skies
- Tekken x Street Fighter
- SoundShapes
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
- Call of Duty
- FIFA 13
- BioShock
- Assassin's Creed

The only ones I'm really looking forward to is Gravity Rush, Call of Duty, Persona 4 and SoundShapes.

Will have Ridge Racer, MotorStorm RC and Unit 13 by next week anyway.

I still wonder why SE is dragging out the North American localization of Type-0. I mean, just put it on PSN for download if their too worried about printing carts.

StuBurns

Banned
The fact they are 'dragging it out' to me suggests it is a PSV game. It's clearly not a PSP game, I think if it were a 3DS game, we'd know about it already, so PSV is to me the likely candidate. Maybe PS360 via DD too, who knows.

I still wonder why SE is dragging out the North American localization of Type-0. I mean, just put it on PSN for download if their too worried about printing carts.

Is the game even planned to be released in the west? I'd definitely buy it, but considering PSP games don't sell well in the west, and considering the cost of localising big RPGs like that. I'm kinda worried. It would be glorious on vita with the second stick :(

An enhanced Vita port would be pretty awesome too, it could be a nice way for Square to make some japanese FF fan double dip.

Protome

Assuming they're all localized

Gravity Rush
Dragon's Crown
LBP
Sound Shapes
DJ Max Technika
Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die
Lord of Apocalypse
Malicious
Ragnarok Odyssey
Tales of Innocence R
Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees
Unit 13
Alien Spidy
Disgaea 3
Warrior's Lair
LoH
FF10
Time Travelers
Oddworld games
ZOE

PSP games:
Type-0
Gungnir
Growlanser
Grand Knights History

The Vita's really shaping up to be my go to console.

Malicious is coming to Vita?
That'd be a good fit, hope they add some new bosses to it though, the PSN version is kinda short.

Takao

Banned
Is the game even planned to be released in the west? I'd definitely buy it, but considering PSP games don't sell well in the west, and considering the cost of localising big RPGs like that. I'm kinda worried. It would be glorious on vita with the second stick :(

An enhanced Vita port would be pretty awesome too, it could be a nice way for Square to make some japanese FF fan double dip.

They confirmed a localization is in process for Type-0.

That'd be a good fit, hope they add some new bosses to it though, the PSN version is kinda short.

Given how long Alvion has taken to make it, and apparently Sony taking an interest in them I suspect Malicious on Vita won't be a straight port.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok, thats a pretty impressive line-up. I wont be buying either handheld for a while still, but the Vita is now back on the radar for me.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I basically bought the system for Gravity Daze. So that is a sure game to buy.

Other games I'm looking forward to:
Sound Shapes
Motorstorm RC
Retro City Rampage
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Does anyone know if it will also include Peace Walker, I've read it's not included.)
New Little King's Story

Also there must be some good racing game coming out to the system at some point, it can't be only Ridge Racer. How about Burnout Legends 2 or something. ;-)

To the people (person?) saying "Alien Spidey": What are you basing that off of? They haven't even shown gameplay yet. And it's from an unknown studio.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

http://andriasang.com/comxpn/vita_malicious_port/

Every major Square Enix RPG for the PSP (FF Crisis Core, FF Dissidia, 3rd Birthday, Tactics Ogre, Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy, FF IV: Complete Collection, KH Birth by Sleep) was released in the west . FF Type 0 is the exception to the rule. IMO this can only mean SE is thinking of a enhanced HD port of Type 0, sort of what they're doing with FF X. A PS3/Vita version would sell a lot better than a PSP version ever could, plus they can resell it in Japan as the "International Version". Type 0 is simply too important not to get a western release.

jgmo870

Banned
Also there must be some good racing game coming out to the system at some point, it can't be only Ridge Racer. How about Burnout Legends 2 or something. ;-)

To the people (person?) saying "Alien Spidey": What are you basing that off of? They haven't even shown gameplay yet. And it's from an unknown studio.

Are you implying 2048 isn't a good racing game?

And I'm assuming the latter portion was directed at me. Anyways, I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nraCcrR_6s, saw that it has the play-create-share deal going on, and that it's most likely going to be a cheap PSN game. I don't think it's going to blow my mind but it should be something I enjoy.

benny_a

Are you implying 2048 isn't a good racing game?
I'm not too fond of Wipeout. I have it for PS3 but could not get into it. I'm still wrestling with the idea of getting it just because of launch hype. ;-)

And I'm assuming the latter portion was directed at me. Anyways, I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nraCcrR_6s, saw that it has the play-create-share deal going on, and that it's most likely going to be a cheap PSN game. I don't think it's going to blow my mind but it should be something I enjoy.
Oh! That is definitely gameplay. I hadn't seen that before. I only know of their concept/pitch video.
Yeah put me down for Alien Spidey as well. I like swinging in games.

Grimmy

Banned
that's why you should add it,this is not trails in the skies 2 or 3,it's legend of heroes 7,it's on psp,pc and soon vita,if xseed starts to support steam this will probably one of the the first games they pick up

Erm no. It's Trails in the Sky 4. It's a direct sequel to the trilogy. If you don't get 2 and 3 localized first (and it will be at least next year before the 2nd even comes out - if it comes out), there's zero chance the 4th is coming out.

There IS gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nraCcrR_6s&feature=related

Looks promising.

The Lamp

That's why I haven't bought a Vita yet.

The only thing that separates the Vita from the 3DS or iOS is the potential to do console quality games on a handheld. But it needs those console quality games - things like Gravity Rush and Frobisher says aren't going sell Vitas

I don't know about you but I'm not interested in playing console games on a handheld. :p Especially one with like 3 hours of battery life.

benny_a

I don't know about you but I'm not interested in playing console games on a handheld. :p Especially one with like 3 hours of battery life.
Yeah a handheld with 3 hours of battery life would suck quite hard. Good thing you're not talking about the Vita.

Corto

You guys know this will not happen, right? PS3 is still Sonys flagship.

Vita will take the lion's share of this year Sony E3 conference. That you can be certain.

edit: God damn it! Thought I was quoting a more current post.

test_account

XP-39C²
Top Bottom