• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today: A disturbing sex trend called 'stealthing' is on the rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is it actually a rising trend or are they only saying so because they came up with a catchy name for it?

It should definitely be considered assault though...fucked up that it isn't.

Ganhyun

I just don't see the appeal in potentially giving yourself an STD or ending up with a child you are responsible for just for internet cred/a few laughs.

Ecto311

So I'm pretty sure the GOP will take issue with this being considered a crime or even unethical. Anyone wanna take me up on that?

I was thinking the same thing. If you aren't observant enough to see a guy taking it off then it's a shit show I assume as far as laws go. What if it breaks and neither party notice? That. Inside red assault? Condom factory responsible? Does stealthing mean the dude put it back on after jizzing to act like nothing happened? How do you stealthily remove one while your lady is not aware? The comical screech and snap doesn't set off any alarms in the bed?

TwiztidElf

Now this is a weird trend...

"LOL guys I sneakily took off my condom and opened up my risk to contracting HIV and getting her pregnant and paying for her and a kid for the rest of my life! AWESOMMMEEEE"
That was my immediate thought too.

Kill3r7

Why? I can't understand why anyone would do this.

Pretty sure this would be perfectly triable as sexual assault in Canada.

Maybe this is a problem with US laws like the article seems to suggest

On what grounds? I am trying to figure out how you would go about proving the mens rea.

Sai-kun

Banned
i've only ever heard of this in the (i think more fucked up) context of men having sex with men, where an HIV+ guy will sneak the condom off in order to try and infect the bottom dude. :/

man

guys are fucked up

I just don't see the appeal in potentially giving yourself an STD or ending up with a child you are responsible for just for internet cred/a few laughs.

The guys who are doing this probably have all the forward planning capabilities of the average gopher.

PixelatedBookake

This is so dumb. It's sexual assualt/rape and your raising the chance for yourself to get a girl pregnant and raise a kid for the rest of your life plus your risking STD transmission between the both of you. How is this a prank?

kirblar

Are they stupid? Why would they do that?
They get off on power and control.
i've only ever heard of this in the (i think more fucked up) context of men having sex with men, where an HIV+ guy will sneak the condom off in order to try and infect the bottom dude. :/

man

guys are fucked up
Same, seems like this is it crossing the river over into Hetero-World.

This is what people wish to brag about online? Sexual assault at best and rape at worst? Jesus, if people want to do irresponsible shit for bragging purposes, at least do shit that won't lead to adverse consequences for another person unwittingly involved.

Miracle

Now this is a weird trend...

"LOL guys I sneakily took off my condom and opened up my risk to contracting HIV and getting her pregnant and paying for her and a kid for the rest of my life! AWESOMMMEEEE"

Exactly lol.

It's both being an asshole and an idiot.

Ganhyun

It feels better?

I aint taking chances because not having one on feels better. Just because she says she is clean doesn't mean she actually is (she might not know yet for all you know).

In the words of Van Wilder "Don't be a fool, wrap your tool!"

Also, it feels better isnt worth 18+ years of supporting a child because of a lack of self control with someone you might want to fuck, but not have a child with.

edit:

To those asking why, have you never had sex without a condom???

Many times, but I have the self control to be able to do basic things to protect myself since I am no longer in a long-term monogamous relationship where that would be ok.

Moosichu

The person consented to sex with a condom.

If you aren't doing that, you are having sex and they didn't consent to it.

Sex without consent is rape.

Very clear cut. This practice is disgusting, I didn't even know it was a "thing". Like, why would you do that?

entremet

Many college kids don't believe that STDs are a big issue since they're dealing with people with shorter sexual histories. Not to mention the vicariousness of youth on top that.

As for unwanted pregnancies, I'm sure they figure the women will get abortions.

Not endorsing this and it's obviously sexual assault, just explaining the twisted deviancy behind this this practice.

Young people can be so vile and stupid. College campuses just appear to be full of rape these days. So disgusting.

I'm pretty sure this has probably been a thing since condoms were invented.
The stupid shit that sometimes goes on inside people's heads is something else, "Consensual sex with a condom or sexual assault/possible rape without a condom...hmmm...let me think about it..."

People are fucked up.

To those asking why, have you never had sex without a condom???

What kind of dumb question is this? This isn't a case of not knowing what condom-less sex feels like. It's a case of being stupid as fuck by not using a condom when someone asked you to as well as being a deceptive, rapey asshole who betrayed the trust of someone you're having sex with

Condoms come in different shapes, sizes and qualities. Treat them like a sex toy and they can improve sex.

Let's not get carried away lol. They serve a practical purpose

jmdajr

Sex with condoms is a necessarily evil if you're both not willing to deal with the consequences.

First time without one was like...

yidUzHnBk32Um9aMMw.gif

Aikidoka

Yeah, that sounds like sexual assault. Sounds like there's more to it than "it feels better" - seems like a perverse power play base on those quotes.

I mean, it happens on accident once in a while, but even a few seconds of sex without a condom was enough to get me to go halfsies with a girl on Plan B. The idea of PURPOSEFULLY engaging in sex without a condom with a rando is fucking lunacy, and I have yo wonder to what extent this trend is "rising" and to what extent this researcher needed a topic to study.

I mean, it happens on accident once in a while, but even a few seconds of sex without a condom was enough to get me to go halfsies with a girl on Plan B. The idea of PURPOSEFULLY engaging in sex without a condom with a random is fucking lunacy, and I have yo wonder to what extent this trend is "rising" and yo what extent this researcher needed a topic to study.

I feel like more people than not that I know have done this. It's incredibly common.

RDreamer

Yeah, that's sexual assault.

And wtf who the hell brags about this. This is the dumbest fucking thing. Even if it wasn't actually assault it'd still be completely fucking dumb. What is wrong with these people?

Also kind of reminds me of a family get together once. They were talking about their kids and then somehow it got on the subject of the women convincing my cousins to have children. One of them straight up said she just stopped taking her pill and didn't tell him. Me and my fiance at the time first thing afterwards when we got at the car just looked at each other and WTF'd the biggest we possibly could. That was pretty fucked up, too.

Disgusting behavior but I've heard of it before. Some mofos are trash.

Condoms come in different shapes, sizes and qualities. Treat them like a sex toy and they can improve sex.

I mean I wore condoms because the benefits of more pleasurable sex didn't outweigh the detriment of unwanted kids, child support and std's but cmon with this silly shit lmao....

No idea this was going on on the hetero side but it definitely a something with MSM. But I don't think it's like as high as a Twitter trend that this news article wants to alarm it as. But I guess it worked, GAF is in a frenzy

Even if it is determined to be treated as a form of sexual assault, it's going to be difficult to prove that it occurred. I expect a common defense of the men will be "the condom broke and I didn't realize until it was over".

Unless they find a smoking gun of a guy bragging about doing it intentionally, a lot of people will get pregnant or contract STDs with no way to prove that this occurred intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom