• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valiant Comics joins DC on the CW, Dr Mirage show in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://deadline.com/2016/11/dr-mirage-the-cw-gary-dauberman-valiant-comics-dmg-1201855462/
The CW, which has six on-air series based on comic books, is looking to add to its portfolio with a drama based on the Valiant graphic novel Dr. Mirage. The project marks DMG Entertainment (Iron Man 3, Looper, Point Break) and Valiant’s first foray into television. Writer Gary Dauberman — who penned probably the most profitable film of 2014 with the horror title Annabelle (on a $5M budget it grossed $256.8M worldwide) — will write the TV adaptation and executive produce the project alongside DMG’s Chris Fenton and Chris Cowles. CBS TV Studios is the studio.

Dr. Mirage centers on a female paranormal investigator who can communicate with dead souls except the one she most wants to reach — the love of her life.

Dram

I wonder if this will tie in to the Valiant movies they're working on or will it just be its own separate thing?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Not enough Magnnus detected.

Parch

Valiant comic fans are a very devoted lot, but a very small group. The overwhelming majority of the general population is going to know absolutely nothing about Valiant characters. It will be very difficult to break into TV or movies because of the unfamiliarity. It'll have to be some mind blowing quality to compete with what Marvel and DC is providing.

Valiant comic fans are a very devoted lot, but a very small group. The overwhelming majority of the general population is going to know absolutely nothing about Valiant characters. It will be very difficult to break into TV or movies because of the unfamiliarity. It'll have to be some mind blowing quality to compete with what Marvel and DC is providing.
It's the CW, where iZombie can get three seasons

Furyous

Gotdamn at this ROI:

"Writer Gary Dauberman — who penned probably the most profitable film of 2014 with the horror title Annabelle (on a $5M budget it grossed $256.8M worldwide)"

The studio must've made the money back in one weekend, in my opinion. Accountants somewhere on break partying as they realize they made more off this movie in one quarter than entire genres made at other studios, in my opinion. Shout out to this company's NOPAT numbers reported during the earnings call for the next quarter following this revelation.

"Dr. Mirage centers on a female paranormal investigator who can communicate with dead souls except the one she most wants to reach — the love of her life."

This show has potential to be huge in the same way that izombie is great. It explores morality on a geniuine level and deals with paranormal activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom