• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Comics’ ‘iZombie’ from Rob Thomas premieres March 17th on CW, trailer up

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

j7mfURF.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: After wrapping his fan-funded Veronica Mars movie, Rob Thomas is reuniting with the film’s co-writer Diane Ruggiero for a zombie drama series project based a DC property. The CW has put in development iZombie, which Thomas and Ruggiero will write based on the characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred and published by DC Comics’ Vertigo imprint. iZombie, from Warner Bros TV and Rob Thomas Prods, is a supernatural crime procedural that centers on a med student-turned-zombie who takes a job in the coroner’s office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity. But with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse’s memories, and with the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head. Thomas and Rugierro, who previously served as an exec producer on Thomas’ series Veronica Mars and Cupid, are executive producing with fellow frequent Thomas collaborators Danielle Stokdyk and Dan Etheridge.
http://m.deadline.com/2013/11/izombie-dc-comics-cw-rob-thomas-diane-ruggiero/

Well I'm in.

ETA:

TRAILER

*Premiering Tuesday March 17th (after The Flash)*

Oregano

It's awesome how Arrow seems to have had a knock-on affect which Smallville never did. CW is quickly becoming the DC Comics Network.

ReiGun

So is WB's plan to turn the CW into the DC (+ Vampire Dairies and Supernatural) channel? Cause goodness.

Drakeon

So is WB's plan to turn the CW into the DC (+ Vampire Dairies and Supernatural) channel? Cause goodness.

Might as well. It's not like their current lineup is doing gangbusters.

I'd like to see a Mr. Terrific tv show, think that could be done well.

Probably time to rename them to DC. They are absolutely killing it with DC shows. I just hope they are able to do them justice...they seem to work on very small budgets for the most part...

Tabby

CW = The DC network.
Riding that Arrow success.

I'll watch it but they know we're all waiting for Amazon.

iammeiam

CW always has the most interesting series ideas. I hope this makes it to actual series; people behind it are solid.

KanyeEast

Banned

You forgot the part about good looking beautiful teenagers. CW is all about good looking man and women who play teenagers.
edit: Wait sorry i forgot the part about all the love problems they have.

Penguin

You forgot the part about good looking beautiful teenagers. CW is all about good looking man and women who play teenagers.
edit: Wait sorry i forgot the part about all the love problems they have.

They found themselves a niche, one that I actually enjoy so good on em I guess.

Penguin

Malcolm Goodwin, David Anders and Alexandra Krosney are the first three people to join the cast.

Seem to follow the CW's beauty rule and recycled rule. The uncle from The Vampire Diaries and Sara from Nikita

Glad to see an actress from one of the most underrated Power Rangers seasons get a chance to shine. Really hoping this one gets picked up.

ReiGun

So weird that no one is talking about this show. The showrunner is the guy who created Veronica Mars - which the internet adores - and it's a DC property starring a woman, something the company desperately needs. And yet, there's no buzz for it.

is there a comedy base to it?

Who knows? Last we heard of the rumors it was supposed to be a sequel to the cartoon, or at least involve the same characters. Of course, that was a while ago.

So weird that no one is talking about this show. The showrunner is the guy who created Veronica Mars - which the internet adores - and it's a DC property starring a woman, something the company desperately needs. And yet, there's no buzz for it.

Who knows? Last we heard of the rumors it was supposed to be a sequel to the cartoon, or at least involve the same characters. Of course, that was a while ago.

God, I hope this doesn't go the way of Reaper YEAH I STILL REMEMBER REAPER.

Wiktor

God, I hope this doesn't go the way of Reaper YEAH I STILL REMEMBER REAPER.

Well....Reaper still got two seasons of greatness (more like 1,5, but whatever). But yeah, I miss it too. It's funny, because similiar, but infinitely worse Chuck got so many damn seasons, why Reaper so little :(

maxcriden

The CW gets their procedural on. It ain't going to be like the comic. I for one am excited aout seeing a cool hip Rose McIver.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...king-that-close-to-the-comic-rob-thomas-says/

Ah, that's awesome. Good interview, really gives me a lot of hope for the project. And David Anders in the cast, awesome. Rafa, this can be the next show only you I and like on the CW!*

*With the comic book and Rob Thomas pedigree, though, this one could break out a bit on GAF.

I love the cw. And I watch most of the shows. But am I the only one that hates arrow? Getting half way through the first season was like pulling teeth.

Ah, that's awesome. Good interview, really gives me a lot of hope for the project. And David Anders in the cast, awesome. Rafa, this can be the next show only you I and like on the CW!*

*With the comic book and Rob Thomas pedigree, though, this one could break out a bit on GAF.
Tune it to The 100 tonight brah. Should be a treat. I think this can catch on with the CW crowd. Lots of tumblr potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom