• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

Corpekata

Banned
Oh god damnit didn't realize this was a 2 parter and was seeing all these reactions to stuff I thought I'd missed. Whoops, time to watch the second part I guess.

chefbags

That killed me too. This show is hilarious.

tumblr_o5k0i7xFmd1s4fl64o1_500.gif

Found it lol. Seriously such a great show.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic finale, I can't wait for next season.

Pau

That shot with Clive, Liv, Major, and Ravi all together over Janko's body. <3 Please more of everyone working together.

I would have been happy if that was the series finale. It wrapped up the Max story and with good climactic scene with shit going bonkers.

I hope the new season doesn't turn to Arrow when Wade is gone

I liked Stacey Boss being in the background to Wade's shenanigans this season, not unlike how Wade was in the background to Blaine's evils in the first season. I wonder if S3 will be all Boss or if yet another villain will emerge. I think, at least until we're in the final season, a layered approach is the best.

There's so many open plot points still. And we haven't even seen Liv's family since like episode 1.

I'd forgotten about that until just now. I think it was for the better that this season went without them. They were mostly good for hostage drama and that gets old quick.

I'm actually pretty bummed that Liv's boyfriend is dead. That fucking blows.

Liv and Major are pretty obviously meant to be together, so this lets them get back to that as cleanly as possible.

It's so weird how there's no more secrets between the main cast anymore

I really hope Liv meets up with her mom and brother again. Then just showing up for one episode in the season and telling her to fuck off kind of sucks.

maxcriden

I would have been happy if that was the series finale. It wrapped up the Max story and with good climactic scene with shit going bonkers.

I hope the new season doesn't turn to Arrow when Wade is gone

I liked Stacey Boss being in the background to Wade's shenanigans this season, not unlike how Wade was in the background to Blaine's evils in the first season. I wonder if S3 will be all Boss or if yet another villain will emerge. I think, at least until we're in the final season, a layered approach is the best.

Forgive my lack of sleep, but who is Wade?

(I expect the military force to be a significant antagonist in S3, BTW.)

wildfire

Banned
I was shocked they allowed that.

Likewise. They've had a bunch of risque jokes and this one tops them all.

What also surprised me was how dramatic the 18 episode got as they built up towards revealing to Clive that zombies exist. That confession by Liv was superb.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The writers really went for it with Episodes 18 and 19. Absolutely no holding back at all. They even had time to setup the villain for next season. Thoroughly impressed.

Ken Marino was great as the Max Rager lawyer in Ep 18. Hope he comes back for a guest spot next season.

And Ep 19 just had too many good moments to list. "Here's Major!" and the "Are we having fun yet?" Party Down reference both killed me. I knew when they setup the themed party, that we had to get at least one Party Down reference haha.

Blaine still doesn't have his memory, which was unexpected. Maybe the old Blaine really is gone for good. But then we might see him revert back to his ways anyway.

I was initially worried that the larger episode order would lead to some lame episodes, but I honestly can't think of one I didn't like this season. The magician one was kinda weak...but even that wasn't straight up bad. Season 2 was perfect for me. I honestly enjoyed every single episode. No bullshit, no stalling on plots, it was refreshing.

-Deimos

It's so weird how there's no more secrets between the main cast anymore

I really hope Liv meets up with her mom and brother again. Then just showing up for one episode in the season and telling her to fuck off kind of sucks.

CW isn't going to be too happy about that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
CW isn't going to be too happy about that.

They could have put themselves back in good standing if "Radioactive" had started playing while Ravi watched Peyton and Blaine hug.

Calvero

Banned
I'd forgotten about that until just now. I think it was for the better that this season went without them. They were mostly good for hostage drama and that gets old quick.

Liv and Major are pretty obviously meant to be together, so this lets them get back to that as cleanly as possible.

Definitely. Bummed me out, nevertheless. I don't understand why he had to die for it. :(

kmag

While I loved the season finale, there's a few obvious gaps in where they go next season

at this point you've only got

1. A cure for Major
2. The Military contractors
3. Stacey Boss
4. Ravi/Payton/Blaine

to resolve. The two main characters Clive and Liv don't really have much to resolve. A lot of the underlying plot points have been resolved. It's ballsy as while it's not a complete reset it's near enough, Veronica Mars suffered from that a fair bit as well and it's one of the reasons it varied in strength year to year.

Yooooo great final two episodes. That ending was so good, didn't expect that. Clive almost getting it had more suspense/tension then all of walking dead this year.

God damnit Rita/redhead
michael-scott-no.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope Liv's family continues to be a completely ignored plot point and it becomes an ongoing joke among the cast and crew.

I hope Liv's family continues to be a completely ignored plot point and it becomes an ongoing joke among the cast and crew.

Didn't Liv's family want nothing to do with her for refusing ro give a blood transfusion to her injured brother (from the explosion last season)?

Goddamn...what a finale. I'm not even sure how they can go back to case of the week next season.

I don't think they can and that's the part that bums me out. I feel like the show just went into a tailspin and changed everything crazy fast.

I'm gonna miss the good ol' fashioned murder mystery plot lines.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't Liv's family want nothing to do with her for refusing ro give a blood transfusion to her injured brother (from the explosion last season)?

The opening scene of the season premiere is barely more than a minute long and ends with her brother waking up and impulsively telling her to leave. I wouldn't classify that as closure. I think someone posted an interview earlier in the thread in which a showrunner/writer admitted that the family was dropped very early into the process because they couldn't fit them into the season's episode run without eliminating/narrowing other plot points and they felt the latter were more important to the overall arc.

Joni

The opening scene of the season premiere is barely more than a minute long and ends with her brother waking up and impulsively telling her to leave. I wouldn't classify that as closure. I think someone posted an interview earlier in the thread in which a showrunner/writer admitted that the family was dropped very early into the process because they couldn't fit them into the season's episode run without eliminating/narrowing other plot points and they felt the latter were more important to the overall arc.

Indeed, but it seems to imply they are coming back at one point. Which would be preferably after they find out about zombies.

Top Bottom