• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie - S1 OT of Kicking Ass and Taking Brains - from the creator of Veronica Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Damn, that was fucked up.

Also, hats off to the writers. When Major was first introduced I thought he was the most bland cardboard boring ass love interest I'd seen in years, with a horrible name to boot, and they managed to make him super compelling over the season.

Well there are interviews out now for Season 2 Storyline lines. Here is some of them.

Max Rager/Steven Weber is the big bad next season. They are going to go after all the zombies and continue the research

Blaine is going to continue selling Brains as a human and pretend to be a zombie.

LIv and Blaine with be together more due to the Max Rager threat.

third line should be fun

Five

Banned
Goddammit, Liv. Have faith in Ravi that he can create a cure and save your brother. I know Major told her off for that, but this is a completely different situation. Major put himself in that situation. He shot up the Meat Cute, hunted the zombies. Liv's brother is an innocent bystander.

When would she have the chance to infect/save him? I know slipping past doctors is a pretty common trope, but I don't see an opening with the emergency procedures going on.

Also, who do the Moores sue for damages? The owner of Meat Cute (not sure if that's Blaine or the chef lady), or the city for the police bullet that ignited the establishment?

When would she have the chance to infect/save him? I know slipping past doctors is a pretty common trope, but I don't see an opening with the emergency procedures going on.

Also, who do the Moores sue for damages? The owner of Meat Cute (not sure if that's Blaine or the chef lady), or the city for the police bullet that ignited the establishment?

Her brother needs her blood to live. That's the whole thing with the 'No' at the end. She won't give her blood. Her brother would be automatically turned with it, like Sebastian was.

The owner of the Meat Cute is probably dead or non-existent on paper as of Major's assault.

Five

Banned
Her brother needs her blood to live. That's the whole thing with the 'No' at the end. She won't give her blood. Her brother would be automatically turned with it, like Sebastian was.

The owner of the Meat Cute is probably dead or non-existent on paper as of Major's assault.

Oh, duh. I was thinking scratch like what she did to Major.

Meat Cute might not have a living proprietor but it still exists as a legal entity with cash reserves and earnings.

Hamlet

Well there are interviews out now for Season 2 Storyline lines. Here is some of them.

Max Rager/Steven Weber is the big bad next season. They are going to go after all the zombies and continue the research

Blaine is going to continue selling Brains as a human and pretend to be a zombie.

LIv and Blaine with be together more due to the Max Rager threat.

Last two sounds like a ton of fun.
Can't wait to see how long Blaine keeps that charade going.

Excellent!!! Incredible season. Rose Mciver is great. She sounds so different with her New Zealand accent. She's done a good job as Liv Moore.

I hope they leave it as 13 episode seasons. All the great shows on cable are 13 episodes.

Great finale and that ending... Wonder if there's further potential in the "cure" ending up having some other kind of side effects. I mean, it kind of has to doesn't it? Ravi might not enough to make more now but there might not be much in the way of preventing him in the future.

The only bad thing about that finale was knowing that that's all we get until October.

So good. I loved Major going all in on Meat Cute. Talk about max raging.

At least the wait isn't nine months.

Excellent!!! Incredible season. Rose Mciver is great. She sounds so different with her New Zealand accent. She's done a good job as Liv Moore.

I hope they leave it as 13 episode seasons. All the great shows on cable are 13 episodes.

If the ratings remain good for the CW it's gonna get a bump, 22/23 episodes can be fine.

El Topo

The only bad thing about that finale was knowing that that's all we get until October.

Back so soon? Wonderful.

I'm dreading the resolution of the Major gun residue test thing. I am just hoping it is handled well and isn't a major plot point (I would have preferred it not being touched on at all as if anything I would have preferred it becoming a plot point after investigating the chief's death). After major took a shower he should still test positive for residue, but that won't really prove anything as it could be just as easily from him going to a range to practice as it would be him shooting up the place.

Though I suppose it's CW and they need to get drama from somewhere :/

Ravi and Liv work at the morgue and Peyton is an assistant district attorney, shouldn't be impossible to make the case crumble. Of course it's CW and they need a storyline for Major, so it's entirely possible a major storyline will be him getting prosecuted. I mean he needs something to do next season. Or maybe it's just the starting point to give Clive his own storyline, where he investigates the events (and subsequently Major and the others)?

Patryn

That was a good end to a pretty stellar season. Sets up some stuff for season 2.

I was a little disappointed we didn't get any follow-up on Peyton in this episode beyond a passing reference. I guess that's what season 2 is for. (They knew they were getting a second season before they made this episode, right?)

The only person who doesn't know, beyond Liv's family who hardly ever appear, is Clive. We'll have to see how long that lasts.

Apparently the reason Peyton had such an abrupt exit was that the actress (who wasn't a regular, which surprised me) got a pilot for next season, so they needed an open-ended way to write her out of the show.

If her pilot had been picked up, that would have been the last we'd ever see of the character.

Luckily for us (but not for her), the pilot wasn't picked up and it sounds like she's game for coming back for some episodes next season.

Kevinroc

Apparently the reason Peyton had such an abrupt exit was that the actress (who wasn't a regular, which surprised me) got a pilot for next season, so they needed an open-ended way to write her out of the show.

If her pilot had been picked up, that would have been the last we'd ever see of the character.

Luckily for us (but not for her), the pilot wasn't picked up and it sounds like she's game for coming back for some episodes next season.

The realities of television writing. (She wasn't a regular? I wonder if they're going to try to lock her down, then.)

I believe I read that Peyton wasn't a regular because Aly Michalka was, herself, a replacement. Their first choice had to drop so Aly was a fill-in that probably had other things brewing at the time and couldn't commit. Peyton was going to be a main character but she got demoted when they realized that they may not be able to keep Aly around with her other commitments.

The season finale was great. Can't wait for season 2.

Here's the promotional art that the iZombie Facebook page posted for the season finale:

oOFWlYP.jpg

Kevin

Loved the season finale. Shame it hit a ratings low of 1.3 million due to the NBA games. Still at least it got renewed. :)

Joni

They knew they were getting a second season before they made this episode, right?]
They wouldn't have known. If it had the same production cycle as their other shows, they would have finished this episode around January. Because they needed the show to be ready if they needed to cancel something else.

All the bad cable shows are 13 episodes too. The great CW shows on the other hand are 22-23 episodes.

Kevinroc

I believe I read that Peyton wasn't a regular because Aly Michalka was, herself, a replacement. Their first choice had to drop so Aly was a fill-in that probably had other things brewing at the time and couldn't commit. Peyton was going to be a main character but she got demoted when they realized that they may not be able to keep Aly around with her other commitments.

A little research shows that Peyton was originally supposed to be played by Alexandra Krosney. And she was supposed to be a regular. When the role had to be recast, the role was refitted for Aly Michalka as a recurring guest star.

(I thought it was kind of like how some other series have recurring guest stars who are essentially just regulars but it seems that was not the case.)

They wouldn't have known. If it had the same production cycle as their other shows, they would have finished this episode around January. Because they needed the show to be ready if they needed to cancel something else.

That makes sense.

Vico

Finale was great with, for once, a powerful ending shot that's not even a cliffhanger. Major's overkill was impressive.
Can't believe how great this season turned out to be. I was actually getting bored watching it early on.

Razmos

Interesting, I hope that means that Peyton could become a main character next season.

Gotta echo the sentiments about Major's character arc. I was one of the people who thought he was a very bland love interest in the first episode and I was truly surprised by his character (and by the show itself)

That ending was heartbreaking, it truly was. Never would have expected what happened to Liv's brother, that was some harsh shit.

Looking back over the series, there has not been a single episode I disliked. The show just went from a strong start, to strength, to strength and then ended on a high note. Probably the most consistently good show I've seen. (even Game of Thrones doesn't compare, since it often has snoozefest episodes)

Really looking forward to season 2 now.

I kinda hope that Major keeps that streak of white in his hair. Or better yet, make Ravi become a half-zombie with a similar streak in his hair, pleaseeee

kurahador

A little research shows that Peyton was originally supposed to be played by Alexandra Krosney. And she was supposed to be a regular. When the role had to be recast, the role was refitted for Aly Michalka as a recurring guest star.

Read abit about Krosney. Damn...she was dropped from at least 2 shows now for some reason, both as regular too.

Man that finale. Everything comes crashing down hard.

singhr1

Finale was great with, for once, a powerful ending shot that's not even a cliffhanger. Major's overkill was impressive.
Can't believe how great this season turned out to be. I was actually getting bored watching it early on.

Same, second half of the season really made up for how much they ignored the interesting storylines early in the season for minor character development.

Zombine

Banned
Ugh, this show. I freaking love it and that finale just killed me ._.

I'm so glad that being a long time iZombie fan paid off.

Gaz_RB

Wow I just binge watched this whole show over the past few days, including the season finale. Rob's still got it, great show.

JesseZao

Finally watched the finale. Great stuff.

Thought the mr. Max rager response to the reporter "we're only getting started" to be a bit too melodrama villain, but I'll let it slide. Minor complaint.

cyborg009

Banned
What was
written on the wall by the cop who committed suicide? And I'm not sure why he committed suicide was it because he didn't want the bodys of the dead on his conscious?

Five

Banned
What was
written on the wall by the cop who committed suicide? And I'm not sure why he committed suicide was it because he didn't want the bodys of the dead on his conscious?

He wrote Blaine's name in an attempt to incriminate him. However, the blast from the explosion disfigured most of Blaine's surname, so figuring out which Blaine will probably be a future plot point.

My guess for why he committed suicide was he'd just lost his source of food, and didn't want to turn to feral zombie acts. Also, he probably wanted to help out whichever person(s) were taking out Blaine's operation even if he didn't know who they were (enemy of my enemy and all that).

Hamlet

What was

He wrote Blaine's full name so the cops could go after him, but unfortunately the explosion removed Blaine's last name from the wall. I'm guessing he went out that way as he wanted to go out a hero in the eye's of the cops rather than let people find out what's he done and turned into. Also fear of turning into a feral zombie from lack of brains possibly?

-MD-

Started watching this a couple days ago, went in totally blind with zero expectations and ended up loving it, up to episode 7 so far.

Sober

lol a hospital with no o negative
As someone who has a mother and sister as nurses, this is probably the most laughable detail that I can't get behind. No hospital is gonna have no o neg unless there was a 60 car pile up the day of the accident.

Joni

lol a hospital with no o negative

As someone who has a mother and sister as nurses, this is probably the most laughable detail that I can't get behind. No hospital is gonna have no o neg unless there was a 60 car pile up the day of the accident.

It is however not that strange. O Negative is fairly rare. Only 8% of Caucasians have it, 4% of the Latino and African American community, and even only 1% of the Asian community. Taking into account that it is an universal donor, it is often used if there is no time to type match. So it is a limited group of people that can give it, but it can be given to just about everyone. The American Association of Blood Banks just warned about the shortage of O Negative last year because it is overused.

Let's just see:
March 2015 said:
LifeShare reports a shortage of type O Negative blood in their existing supply. Experts say each person who donates has the potential to save more than one life.

November 2014 said:
Blood Assurance in Chattanooga says it has been short of O negative type blood all year, and now it is desperate for donations. As of Friday afternoon, Blood Assurance had 22 units of O negative blood, a fraction of the 150 units it wants to have in stock, Phillips said. One donor provides three units of blood.

July 2014 said:
ORLANDO -- Officials at OneBlood are asking anyone with Type O-negative blood to consider donating because they are low in supply of the universal blood type. OneBlood says the levels of their O-negative supply have reached "very low levels" due to summer vacations and summer breaks for students.

June 2015 said:
New Jersey Blood Services, a division of New York Blood Center (NYBC) is especially seeking O-negative – the “universal” blood which can be transfused into anyone in an emergency. In addition, hundreds of additional blood drives need to be scheduled to meet projected hospital demand. Current inventory of several blood types is running below the desired target level, said a statement.

August 2014 said:
Supplies of O-negative blood are critically short, and a patient within the Blood Alliance's service area is in need, according to a news release Thursday from the organization.

Literally the first five Google hits for O Negative Short Supply are within the last year, from five different periods, sources and areas.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It is however not that strange. O Negative is fairly rare. Only 8% of Caucasians have it, 4% of the Latino and African American community, and even only 1% of the Asian community. Taking into account that it is an universal donor, it is often used if there is no time to type match. So it is a limited group of people that can give it, but it can be given to just about everyone. The American Association of Blood Banks just warned about the shortage of O Negative last year because it is overused.

Let's just see:

Literally the first five Google hits for O Negative Short Supply are within the last year, from five different periods, sources and areas.

VfzUCbg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom