• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Why would Major be dying?

Lab rat that got the cure became a zombie again and subsequently died. Blaine and Major both reverted to zombie, and Blaine believed he was dying enough that he took the new cure that supposedly gave him amnesia.

anaron

just got to Ravi hitting him with the fire extinguisher! FUCK YEAH

you never usually get to see someone actually make it in time

jrush64

Banned
I wanted to make a new topic but I dont even know.... I'm speechless.... like fucking hell!

This show is the best show on TV... as in... I can't even.... what...

So Good!!! Like really So GOOD!!!

Blackhead

Redarse
I wanted to make a new topic but I dont even know.... I'm speechless.... like fucking hell!

This show is the best show on TV... as in... I can't even.... what...

So Good!!! Like really So GOOD!!!

QFT. This is the best of the WB/DC TVs & Films. They should offer Rob Thomas Justice League

Indelible

That was an incredible finale, it is going to be tough waiting for next season. Kinda sad about Rita though, great character and actress.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
The chemistry among the cast and characters is what sells this show so much. Loved the finale. So many tense scenes. I thought Ravi might be a goner when he was pinned down.

Sure Babineux now knows about Zombies but it was hard watching his relationship with Gale ruined (He was too good for her anyway).

That final scene! This just got a whole lot more complicated. A New Zombie Order?? Can't wait to see how that goes.

I'll admit I wouldn't have minded a bit more Zombie Rita. She was rocking that while hair so good.

K6msLYz.jpg

PK Gaming

Can we talk about how the characters on this show are allowed to actually explain their motivations for their actions, instead of some awful, "convenient" contrivance preventing them from doing so?

I was in shock when Major was able to explain everything to Ravi, in even more shock when he did the same to Liv, and even more shock when Liv was successfully able to explain everything to Clive? That just... that doesn't happen in fiction, ever.

Can we also talk about how the finale was a 10/10 best episode in the series and also one of the best episodes in television?

And I thought they'd never top Blaine's World...

TripOpt55

This finale was so amazing. Clive finding out. The show actually going typical zombie-style action for just a bit. The ending with the PMC and how it sets up for next year. The Rob Thomas guest spot and associated jokes. Ken Marino. The dialogue and sense of humor. And on and on. I love this show so much.

Calvero

Banned
The subplot with Ravi and Blaine was pretty ace. Major and Liv being separated made them very vulnerable and I was excited to see how they'd manage.

I'm not sure what people dug about zombie Rita. She looks much better with red hair. The white hair just looks bizarre on her. By the way did anybody else notice the wig didn't really cover her natural hair and you could still see the shadows of red in some shots?

Can we talk about how the characters on this show are allowed to actually explain their motivations for their actions, instead of some awful, "convenient" contrivance preventing them from doing so?

I was in shock when Major was able to explain everything to Ravi, in even more shock when he did the same to Liv, and even more shock when Liv was successfully able to explain everything to Clive? That just... that doesn't happen in fiction, ever.

Can we also talk about how the finale was a 10/10 best episode in the series and also one of the best episodes in television?

Definitely one of the better parts of the show. Everybody explains themselves. No letting the person walk away without an explanation or any of that.

I don't get this either, she was normal one moment and suddenly a romero.

She was exposed to the gas Du Clark let out. Notice that Major was the one who immediately left at that point through the elevator space and closed the hatch. Rita was still on the other side with the gas.

That was great, everything worked and this show deserves so many more viewers though it seems the only way it might get that on the CW is if it pandered to a certain demographic which I'm glad it doesn't.

I'll miss Gilda/Rita, she could've been a great reoccurring antagonist for Liv but I'm fine with pretty much wiping out the whole Max Rager story. She finally got to have a moment with her father.

What a season finale. I thought that more episodes was going to dilute the quality of the show but they've managed to balance and tie everything together.

So, were the PMC zombies from the get go? Du Clark was an evil asshole to the end.

She was exposed to the gas Du Clark let out. Notice that Major was the one who immediately left at that point through the elevator space and closed the hatch. Rita was still on the other side with the gas.

But Du Clark said when he released it that it would just knock them out?

What am awesome finale!!!

Really loved it, and have others mentioned, I was not expecting everyone to come clean.

Sad that Rita died. No more redhead antagonist :(

At least there was a good reason why, when major was breaking the door, she already inhaled enough of the gas. Plus the "here's Major!" scene was ace!

That ending... Man... I did not expect that. 10/10

The pacing on this show is amazing. I loved the fact that after Liv told Clive, it immediately showed Major being released. There was no 5 minute scene of Liv breaking everything down for Clive and explaining all of what's happened.

Hamlet

Fantastic season finale. Everything about it was done so well and I freaking loved all the little meta gags and callbacks to previous Rob Thomas shows "Are we having fun yet?". Pretty neat ending too.

Tuck

Ending (i.e the last 30 or so seconds) fell a bit flat for me - did nothing to get me excited about next season and left me with more of a "Huh....?" Than a "omg wdf sajfhdsjf"

That said, the rest of the finale was amazing, and a great ending to the Max Rager arc, though I'm surprised the Mr. Boss storyline wasn't really resolved.

Anyways, super excited for next season. Season 2 was fantastic so I hope they can keep it up.

Well, at least in season 1, that wasn't exactly the case.

Oh sure, lets let Major check himself into a mental hospital and just watch as he rapidly spirals out of control, instead of just telling him the truth about zombies. Yeah, great plan, Liv.

Shit like that is one of the reasons why I stopped watching Arrow. But thankfully it was just one (somewhat minor) annoyance in an otherwise great show.

xenist

Well, at least in season 1, that wasn't exactly the case.

Oh sure, lets let Major check himself into a mental hospital and just watch as he rapidly spirals out of control, instead of just telling him the truth about zombies. Yeah, great plan, Liv.

Shit like that is one of the reasons why I stopped watching Arrow. But thankfully it was just one (somewhat minor) annoyance in an otherwise great show.

You see, because iZombie is being written by people who are smart and talented and not hacks like Arrow, they learn from their mistakes and improve their writing.

jrush64

Banned
I just rewatched it again and still can't get over how good it was. I havent experienced a finale this good since.... I don't even know.

Arrow Season 2? Chuck Season 3? Veronica Mars Season 1?

Goddamn it was good.

Qvoth

great finale! next season's gonna be nuts!
shame about rita, genuinely surprised they killed her
hopefully ravi doesn't just give up on peyton after seeing them hugging
wtzgU.gif

KarmaCow

Holy shit. Wow. Everyone is finally on board and aware of Team Z, but I'm not sure how they can possibly continue the show as is for season 3. That last bit kinda makes everything else irrelevant. I mean, Clive is fucked right?

zer0das

Banned
Good lord, so much happened. Pretty much as much plot as the Walking Dead goes through in a season in two episodes. Also, that's how you do a finale.

Bummed Rita went out like that though. I guess being pissed off at her Du Clark was too much for her to stay with it. Kind of feel like Major really wanted to put a bullet in her head. Surprised she couldn't get back to being normal. I suppose she didn't have much experience coming back down from zombie rage.

doop_

Banned
WTF why is this show so good, like it is on the CW HOW is this that good. Season 3 is going to be so exciting, almost like a whole new show.

wildfire

Banned
So were the people from the PMC zombies from the get go or not?

They were that way beforehand. The scene with the young scientists going 28 Days Later zombie immediately and their infection making everyone else instantly crazed makes it clear these PMC guys became zombies earlier like Liv.

Also don't forget how quickly zombies are at finding new humans to feed on. They didn't turn around while being slaughtered by that lady.

Calvero

Banned
How is this all going to be explained in Season 3? I'm talking about all the bodies at the party. People with eaten brains and everything.

Top Bottom