• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie - S1 OT of Kicking Ass and Taking Brains - from the creator of Veronica Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ke0

And I think that would make for a worse show. There is need for some normal crimefighting episodes in stuff like The Flash and iZombie. They want to solve crimes, we need to see them doing so.

You can fight crime and progress the story they're not really binary options. iZombie does a pretty decent job at this. I just find "baddie of the week" episodes where absolutely nothing progresses (to include character development) to be a waste of time.

jwk94

Just caught up. This show is giving me heavy Dollhouse vibes. Before the series is over, I expect Liv to
start cycling through the abilities/personalities of every brain she's eaten up until that point

Does this show get good ratings? I really love it and hope it continues for a long time.

No idea. Taking into account viewers from streaming platforms, I'd imagine it has a decent base. It's on for another season at least.

Show seems more than safe by the sounds of it.

Having already renewed eight scripted series for next season, the CW just upped the number with a second-season pickup of midseason drama iZombie.

The renewal was fully expected as the offbeat comic book adaptation was well received by critics and is well liked creatively by the network’s brass, who like the chance to be in business with Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas and believe in the breakout potential of star Rose McIver. While not a ratings powerhouse of the magnitude of freshman comic hit The Flash, iZombie has done a decent job in that department and sealed its renewal chances by holding up well when its lead-in, the aforementioned Flash, went into a repeat.

Source: http://deadline.com/2015/05/izombie-renewed-season-2-cw-1201421862/

Providing the ratings remain stable (or even increase) for season 2 it should theoretically just get renewed again. It seems to be considered as quite special amongst CW execs.

Just a reminder everyone the season finale "Blaine's World" airs tonight in about ~5.5 hours from now. It marks the end of what has been an amazing start to a new show and is also the only episode of the show written by Rob Thomas outside of the Pilot. Excited to see the episode and then return here for the reactions.

Razmos

It's been a fun ride guys, lets all start getting hyped for season 2 :3

Don't even need to see the finale to know that i'm going to be back.

El Topo

For those that can't wait or don't have another way to watch it because they're not in the US, the last episode is up on Amazon (in certain regions).

Kevinroc

I enjoyed the Veronica Mars finales, so I've got high hopes for iZombie's finale. This has been a pretty fun series. Great cast. Glad it's coming back for a second season.

Patryn

I had called that Major would be zombied and then they'd use the last of the cure on him after last episode, but I did not see Blaine cured.

And the brother thing. Yikes.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Such a solid show. Started out strong, gained strength, and finished even stronger.

Really looking forward to the next season.

Seesaw15

tumblr_mb7g75HQAu1rrvjuao1_500.gif

Got damn! Now thats how you should handle all your hapless love interest story lines CW! Majors Commando style take down of all the zombies was beautiful. Watching Majors arc this season was just great. It would have been interesting if Blaine didn't have plot armor and Major killing everyone resulted in the apocalypse but I guess thats Liv's cross to bear.

Great first season. Dose anyone know if season 2 is getting 20+ episodes because I really like the pacing of 13.

Such a solid show. Started out strong, gained strength, and finished even stronger.

Really looking forward to the next season.

Seconded.

I was 100% wrong about what was going to happen this episode going into next season but I don't mind. Hopefully there will be a Babineaux vs Major vs Liv kind of thing, or something close to it, next season.

Feel bad for Liv's brother, though. Poor dope.

Damn what an ending.

Blaine getting cured was a nice surprise should be a nice set up for season 2. The banter between Major and Blaine was pretty funny, also Major redeemed himself going all Rambo.

So super max will most likely create the other monsters that somebody talked about earlier?

Can't wait for season 2.

You know, when this show first started, I figured I was going to hate Major throughout the run. But as the season has closed, he's become my favourite character.

The only bad thing about that finale was knowing that that's all we get until October.

So good. I loved Major going all in on Meat Cute. Talk about max raging.

zulux21

The only bad thing about that finale was knowing that that's all we get until October.

So good. I loved Major going all in on Meat Cute. Talk about max raging.

I'm dreading the resolution of the Major gun residue test thing. I am just hoping it is handled well and isn't a major plot point (I would have preferred it not being touched on at all as if anything I would have preferred it becoming a plot point after investigating the chief's death). After major took a shower he should still test positive for residue, but that won't really prove anything as it could be just as easily from him going to a range to practice as it would be him shooting up the place.

Though I suppose it's CW and they need to get drama from somewhere :/

Did Major just went Punisher? Lol
The whole Max Rager thing reminds me of Sunset Overdrive

I was bummed out by Major turning zombie but then it was turned around.

somedevil

Its amazing how since Patriot Brains the show turned more dark and things just kept getting worse for Liv.

I wonder though if they will go the supernatural route more like the comic. So far just zombies no
ghosts, werewolves, vampires

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I was really surprised by this show, I honestly didn't know what to expect going in, but I absolutely love it

Major going all Rambo got me hot and bothered. Major's character really grew throughout the series.

That ending with her brother...wow.

Kevinroc

That was a good end to a pretty stellar season. Sets up some stuff for season 2.

I was a little disappointed we didn't get any follow-up on Peyton in this episode beyond a passing reference. I guess that's what season 2 is for. (They knew they were getting a second season before they made this episode, right?)

The only person who doesn't know, beyond Liv's family who hardly ever appear, is Clive. We'll have to see how long that lasts.

jwk94

That "no" at the end was heartbreaking =/

Damnit, I thought Major's Rambo would be the hardest blows he threw in the series... but damn that Liv talk
lmao! Yeah he really told her. Jesus.

tumblr_mb7g75HQAu1rrvjuao1_500.gif

Got damn! Now thats how you should handle all your hapless love interest story lines CW! Majors Commando style take down of all the zombies was beautiful. Watching Majors arc this season was just great. It would have been interesting if Blaine didn't have plot armor and Major killing everyone resulted in the apocalypse but I guess thats Liv's cross to bear.

Great first season. Dose anyone know if season 2 is getting 20+ episodes because I really like the pacing of 13.
Pretty sure it's getting 20 which means the pacing goes out the window! =(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Pretty sure it's getting 20 which means the pacing goes out the window! =(

I think it's only 13 for now, with the possibility of getting a 22 episode order.

The only thing really going against them getting an extended order is that CW's lineup is already pretty packed.

Edit: Went and grabbed a source. From a somewhat-broad-overview-spoiler laden interview with Rob Thomas:

Is it a full order of 22 or 13 with a possible back 9?

13 with a possible back 9.

How are you writers tackling the 13-episode order? Are you just writing 13 now and then planning on writing the back nine later or are you going in with a full 22 order in mind?

Well, we certainly want 22, and in the room we’re sort of planning on 22. But if we don’t get 22, you will see some really jam-packed episodes around [episode] 10, 11, 12 and 13.

somedevil

Well there are interviews out now for Season 2 Storyline lines. Here is some of them.

Max Rager/Steven Weber is the big bad next season. They are going to go after all the zombies and continue the research

Blaine is going to continue selling Brains as a human and pretend to be a zombie.

LIv and Blaine with be together more due to the Max Rager threat.

KarmaCow

Wow it's like they packed a bunch of possible endings into one. Blaine gets away, Blaine is the guinea pig for the cure, Liv turns Major into a zombie, Liv uses the last of the cure to save Major, Liv has to choose to let someone die instead of "saving" them through zombism

Hamlet

Great season finale.
Major taking out everyone at the Meat Cute was super impressive. Loved his use of the grenade. Sort of happy to see Blaine make it out haha “Just what we need a noise complaint!”, as I really enjoy seeing him on the show despite the horrible stuff he's done. Going to be interesting to see how he takes to the Zombie cure and deals with being back to normal now.
The Liv and Major talk at the end was brutal.
Poor Liv's brother. Talk about unfortunate timing and wow at the ending.

"No."

That was fucking heartbreaking. I love how quickly they deconstructed Liv's desire to conceal everything and just have the consequences of all of it come crashing down so fast and severely.

And Major's vengeance on the Meat Cute... a thing of beauty. His entire arc this season has been pretty glorious, and the actor really brought it. Him blowing everything to shit was so cathartic after all his suffering.

Goddammit, Liv. Have faith in Ravi that he can create a cure and save your brother. I know Major told her off for that, but this is a completely different situation. Major put himself in that situation. He shot up the Meat Cute, hunted the zombies. Liv's brother is an innocent bystander.

Well there are interviews out now for Season 2 Storyline lines. Here is some of them.

Max Rager/Steven Weber is the big bad next season. They are going to go after all the zombies and continue the research

Blaine is going to continue selling Brains as a human and pretend to be a zombie.

LIv and Blaine with be together more due to the Max Rager threat.

That second one sounds like it's gonna be hysterical.

Sober

Major Lilywhite basically made Iris West look like set dressing that asks the same question over and over again through the course of an entire season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom