• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie - S1 OT of Kicking Ass and Taking Brains - from the creator of Veronica Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluto

Yeah, I think 13 is definitely preferable to 22. Though I wouldn't complain if they got 16, either.
I prefer shorter seasons too but I still want more iZombie, so for me the perfect scenario would be if the CW orders the back 9 and the writers treat it like a separate season.

13 episodes is the sweet spot, imo. Look how quickly season 2 is coming back. I can understand more episodes for shows like The Flash and Arrow but you don't want over saturate iZombie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, I don't have any interest in something beyond 13 episodes for a show like this. They could very easily pad it out with "Brain of the week" episodes, but I'd rather they keep things tight like the latter episodes in the first season. I don't think I could have dealt with 9-12 more episodes of Liv lying to Major for no reason.

-MD-

I'm happy with the 13 episodes, definitely don't want 22.

Excited for new eps, really glad I gave this show a try.

Joni

Yeah, I don't have any interest in something beyond 13 episodes for a show like this. They could very easily pad it out with "Brain of the week" episodes, but I'd rather they keep things tight like the latter episodes in the first season. I don't think I could have dealt with 9-12 more episodes of Liv lying to Major for no reason.

That is a writer problem, not a season length problem. Bad writers drag out stuff like that over an entire season. Let's take Grey's Anatomy as an example, which does two major arcs each year. You basically get two iZombie-length seasons in a year. The Vampire Diaries' 3 first seasons had the same things. You had 3-4 major storylines in one year. TVD was a completely different show by the end of that first season because of the amount of stuff they covered. Well, TVD has that now too but the stories are a bit less tight than they were. Even the reveal to Major for the first season, that is something that could have just as well been a mid-season finale. The fallout of that which is now season 2 could have just as well been the second half of a full-length season.

I think I'd be cool with 16 with an 8/8 split but it's probably better for it to stay 13 episodes, makes room for one of the mid-season shows.

13 episodes is the sweet spot, imo. Look how quickly season 2 is coming back. I can understand more episodes for shows like The Flash and Arrow but you don't want over saturate iZombie.

The turn around is so quick though because it premiered in mid-season, after these 13 episodes are done we could have a nine or so month wait.

anaron

rewatching the summer reruns has been really enjoyable. I'm finding so many little things I missed initially

anaron

Can't freaking wait.

Hold me, anaron.
uHn1lgv.jpg

Sorry, not venturing into the S2 OT yet as I don't want to be spoiled. Binged the 1st season on Netflix the past few days, and I've really enjoyed it. It makes you care about the characters very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom