• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve files trademark for... [Update: And Logo]

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
After the announcements last week, I know now that Valve can count to 3. So this shouldn't come as a big surprise, honestly.

Will buy on sale at
0%
off.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
They've held off for so long that any leaks aren't believable. Except this one.

FTF

lol so this is why I've had so much trouble getting on gaf today...I'd like to believe it's finally happening, but who knows.

Is this stupid thread the reason Gaf was down all day? I figured it was because people were really excited that Sonic is in the new Smash Bros.

Psygnosis getting filed for a trademark was a far bigger deal

KarmaCow

I though L4D3 was going to be the Source 2 flagship game and would highlight their Linux support but perhaps HL3 is further along.

cebri.one

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

Dmax3901

Kind of hard to get excited about this news. It's like oh yeah cool it's trademarked but then there's still nothing :/

lexi

Banned
hope its true, but GAF needs to fine a way to block lurkers in peak surges like this

It needs better infrastructure, the site is growing beyond the capacity of the current hosting solution. GAF went down during minor TGS announcements, previously only major E3 conferences would cripple the site.

Angry Fork

Can't wait for down the sights, health regen, cover system, single player will be gone thankfully who wants immersion it will be forced co-op so friends can join in on the action killing things instead of paying attention to the story. Hope it's as good as Resident Evil 5.

And a multiplayer that will be partnered with left 4 dead 3 multiplayer so the online can be with the online and we can all jerk each other off online in the persistent worlds because we're moving to games as a service guys.

I really am hyped and have been one of those obnoxious whiners in every valve thread, but if it has any of that modern day bullshit I'm going to be justifiably pissed.

Grief.exe

Can't wait for down the sights, health regen, cover system, single player will be gone thankfully who wants immersion it will be forced co-op so friends can join in on the action killing things instead of paying attention to the story. Hope it's as good as Resident Evil 5.

And a multiplayer that will be partnered with left 4 dead 3 multiplayer so the online can be with the online and we can all jerk each other off online in the persistent worlds because we're moving to games as a service guys.

I really am hyped and have been one of those obnoxious whiners in every valve thread, but if it has any of that modern day bullshit I'm going to be justifiably pissed.

The last two games Valve has released, CS:GO and DOTA 2 do nothing to dumb down, homogenize, or otherwise cater to the lowest common denominator.

I don't see them going down this route, they know their audience and consumer base.

Just look at the top 10 games played on Steam, the only game that is actively targeting the lowest common denominator gamer is Skyrim.

MleVz78.png

This is great news if it means they are giving some attention to a franchise thats been on hiatus too long. However since Valve moves at such a slow pace it means we probably won't see it for many years :(.

It also makes me happy that Half Life is still a big enough pull to take down gaf after all these years.

Guy.brush

If HL3 is SteamOS exclusive they should make installing it into a Metagame.

Start HL3 up on Windows. Gordon is in a research facility about to be overrun, creatures are roaming the corridors and he needs to close the blast doors shut. He sits down at a computer, puts a thumbdrive in and installs SteamOS.

"It's a Unix system! I know this!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUlAQZB9Ng

Dmax3901

The last two games Valve has released, CS:GO and DOTA 2 do nothing to dumb down, homogenize, or otherwise cater to the lowest common denominator.

I don't see them going down this route, they know their audience and consumer base.

Just look at the top 10 games played on Steam, the only game that is actively targeting the lowest common denominator gamer is Skyrim.

MleVz78.png

Wow I'm surprised Rome II has that many players! Nice to know :)

Lulubop

"Watch for announcements in the coming weeks about all the AAA titles coming natively to SteamOS in 2014."

Could it be? Probably not, but I still believe Valve will use HL3 and L4D3 to push SteamOS/Machines.

weevles

Hard to fathom the flood of hits that went through just to see a trademark filing.

No assets, just a title and all hell broke loose...

HariKari

"Watch for announcements in the coming weeks about all the AAA titles coming natively to SteamOS in 2014."

Could it be? Probably not, but I still believe Valve will use HL3 and L4D3 to push SteamOS/Machines.

Bundle HL3, L4D3 and a Source 2 port of TF2 in the 'black box' that comes free with a purchase of a Steam machine from Valve or one of the approved partners...

Top Bottom