• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Netflix in talks to develop Wet Hot American Summer series

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingocfs

No sequel but I'll take it. Looks like they're going with the Arrested Development shooting strategy.

proxy.jpg

Exec produced by the movie’s creators, David Wain and Michael Showalter, the serialized “Wet Hot” would seek to reunite many of the original cast members who would play high-school-age characters despite the fact many of the actors are currently in their 40s.

While it might seem a tall order to reunite the original cast, the plan is to make it happen by having each of the actors shoot their scenes in just a few days because not every character will appear in every episode. The original cast included Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler, Elizabeth Banks, Ken Marino, Molly Shannon, Christopher Meloni, Janeane Garofalo, David Hyde Pierce, Michael Ian Black, Joe Lo Truglio and Showalter. Wain also directed the movie...

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/netflix-in-talks-for-wet-hot-american-summer-tv-series-exclusive-1201189380/

tumblr_lyiaxxoqqF1qb79jjo1_500.gif

DrEvil

not a medical professional
David Wain and Michael Showalter, the serialized “Wet Hot” would seek to reunite many of the original cast members who would play high-school-age characters despite the fact many of the actors are currently in their 40s.

I love the absurdity of this lol.

Btw everyone should listen to the Topics podcast with Michael Showalter and Michael Ian Black. I just listened to them talk about the movie Interstellar for half an hour
despite neither one of them actually having seen it

C4Lukins

I think the only people they could not get back as regulars, are Rudd, Poehler, Banks, and Cooper. And I am sure they would be up for cameos. Still a hell of a cast without those major stars.

jb1234

I think the only people they could not get back as regulars, are Rudd, Poehler, Banks, and Cooper. And I am sure they would be up for cameos. Still a hell of a cast without those major stars.

They are all confirmed to be in it, which is why it's so impressive.

(Well, maybe not confirmed as the articles are a bit vague but it's very highly likely...)

C4Lukins

They are all confirmed to be in it, which is why it's so impressive.

(Well, maybe not confirmed as the articles are a bit vague but it's very highly likely...)

I imagine that we could see a lot of actors from Childrens Hospital involved in some way as well.

The movie is one of my favorites. Christopher Meloni is fucking awesome in it.

And David Hyde Pierce

"i want you inside me"
"what?"
"nothing, just saying hi from before"

Bread

Banned
The movie is one of my favorites. Christopher Meloni is fucking awesome in it.

And David Hyde Pierce

"oh fuck my cock"
"what?"
"nothing, just saying hi"
Not sure that's what he says after " oh fuck my cock" but I'll give you points for posting part of my favorite quote!

zychi

Banned
Watched the movie earlier this year, was really bored and didn't like it. The cast going on and being insanely famous is awesome tho. Maybe the show will be better than the movie?

Watched the movie earlier this year, was really bored and didn't like it. The cast going on and being insanely famous is awesome tho. Maybe the show will be better than the movie?

coach-hines.gif

if the show is better than the movie then it will be the greatest show in human history

LaneDS

Pretty much down for anything David Wain does. Getting the original cast for a limited series is quite something and I feel like this'll actually work versus Arrested Devolpment's Netflix attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom