• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice Principals - Danny McBride & Walton Goggins - HBO Comedy - [update: S2 trailer!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamby's regret is something we never really experienced with Eastbound and Down. It's great to see the character develop a bit faster.

And the line about eating a pool ball like an apple made me do a spit take.

Fucking amazing episode. This is up there with any of the best episodes of Eastbound.

The actress who plays Dr. Brown is fantastic.

Fitts

Awesome episode. I didn't like the show as much as Easbound when it started but now it's getting to the same level.

Has this been renewed for a second season yet?

Zatoth

G1VIypB.gif

Next episode is the finale?

Grinchy

Banned
They do such a good job of making you see Belinda as a bit of a bitch with the way she was reacting to her kids wanting to go back home but then making you feel so awful for her by the end. We all get to feel Gamby's regret so well. The show is just so well executed.

I love this show's ability to shift gears and genres quickly. The end of the episode was like a horror movie all of the sudden.
Has this been renewed for a second season yet?
Yes. They have shot all 18 episodes of the series. We will see the conclusion next year.

G1VIypB.gif

Next episode is the finale?
I was bummed that the trailer showed that moment. Yes, next week is the finale.

Arkeband

Banned
I love how fast Gamby self sabotaged his relationship with Snodgrass. And Goggins was the highlight of this episode again, his facial expressions combined with Dr. Brown's antics were comedy gold.

This is currently the best comedy on television.

neshcom

Banned
Man, Gamby turning on Brown is so damn petty. You can tell he knows he fucked up, but he's also past the point of no return. It really broke my heart to see Brown let her kids go--and that isn't even Gamby's doing (at least actively).

I love this show's ability to shift gears and genres quickly. The end of the episode was like a horror movie all of the sudden.Yes. They have shot all 18 episodes of the series. We will see the conclusion next year.

I was bummed that the trailer showed that moment. Yes, next week is the finale.

Same. I was waiting for that and guy dropping from the gym ceiling all episode.

Only thing we haven't seen in the show yet that was big in the trailer was
a car exploding in the parking lot

That should be fucking interesting next week.

Zaph

That might be one of my favourite episodes of a comedy ever. This show is incredible and manages its darkness very well.

Can't believe there's only one more episode and a season left.

I don't think I've mentioned enough times yet that I want to feel Georgia King inside me.

Holy shit, I just looked her up and she's Scottish. She looks and sounds like the type of southern US person Jody Hill always puts in his shows/movies, so I was sure she was American. Crazy.

Alpende

This show has really hit its stride, it's so fun to watch. Lee pushing Mi-Cha away was amazing. I haven't seen trailers so that came as a surprise and worked really well. Gamby seeing he fucked up was cool to see as well, Lee just encouraging Brown to do nasty shit was painful to see.

Helmholtz

This show has been great. Man, this episode went some dark places. Have to feel sorry for Belinda, Russell is just so savage.

Slayven

Just started watching it nd it is great. Gamby could be a half good dude if he tried. Lee is a psychopath.

Do they ever explain lee's marriage?

Can't believe they used Shawn Lee's dope Christmas carol music. This show has a great soundtrack.

And jeeeeeesus @ Beast Mode Belinda. What a mess lol

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Damn I felt sorry for Gamby. I mean he should never have brought her to that restaurant but just as he was having second thoughts everything just exploded out of his control. It was like those Wile E. Coyote cartoons where just a tiny push with the tip of the finger is enough to cause a landslide.

Edit: Also from a structural point of view Belinda's escalation very nicely mirrors the escalation at the end of the first episode. Essentially this is the response that was building up within her the entire season. It's very well designed in a Greek play sort of way, with the boys sick of living in the hotel being such a huge factor in their decision to leave. At this point in the story Russel comes off as almost irredeemable (at least within the given time frame).

kevin1025

Banned
I think Lee's domestic life is my favorite part of the show. His constant anger, his battles with the mother-in-law, and his slow descent into madness (or is he already there?) is incredible. Walton Goggins is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom