• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Championship Wrestling Thread 2: 1000 Years of #THQuality

Rapstah

There's no reason for the tag team entrance/moveset loading function of the game to work like that, and if their underlying load systems mean the tag team entrance/moveset loading has to be written like that then there's no reason for their underlying load systems to work like that. It's basic first-year computer science errors, which is understandable if they're streaming the structure off the hard drive or something, but it's a table of tag teams and moves. It shouldn't be larger than a couple of kilobytes!

Not calling Yuke's lazy or incompetent developers but the person or persons who wrote that was or were incompetent at at least that moment, or it had to be written in a really complicated way for reasons of incompetence in project planning.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
it gets better

Then I made 2 cutscenes plus 2 matches. From what I had tested earlier, singles matches had no effect on the tag counter, so this should have resulted. in Red and Dracula(who, remember, are not at all set as a tag team) to come out as #1 and #2. The result is, well...

...They came out as 7-8 and 9-10. Why? Well, as it turns out, from a few tests I ran after that, cutscenes affect the tag counter in a more or less random way. It seems like they count the number of characters you have in each cutscene, then apply some weird math to it. So can we work around that? Well, gonna type this up outside the spoiler tag.

Based on cutscenes affecting the tag counter seemingly due to magic, I'm afraid the "10 empty slots" method wouldn't be too easy to work with. What I'd recommend is making sure those slots are filled and then making a bunch of numbered tag teams like in the first picture in the spoilered portion of this post. Then, after you are done with your story file, hit preview and see what number is coming out. Then you can edit the number in MyWWE to the actual tag name/entrance you want to use.

If you use copy/paste or the "insert" function when creating stories, the tag counter goes mental. It is seriously impossible to predict. As soon as I touched those functions, I got a "1-2 vs 11-12" match.

Yukes

Yukes pls

OMG Aero

I was just looking at Jeff Gerstmann's tumblr and I don't want VGCW to move to WWE14 any more.
Vhjeraj.jpg

That was seriously the best intro.

Is there an archive somewhere? The main site has been getting behind with the archives. I saw the first half of the show but I need to know how it ends.

Jamie OD

I was just looking at Jeff Gerstmann's tumblr and I don't want VGCW to move to WWE14 any more.
Vhjeraj.jpg

That was seriously the best intro.

The bike is Special Edition DLC. If you got the Phenom Edition of the game you would get American Badass era Undertaker, and that's the one with the motorbike entrance.

Top Bottom