• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Championship Wrestling OT3 - VGCW series finale has aired

Tesser

I keep meaning to catch up on the story and "lore" of VGCW but for whatever reason never get round to at least starting the numerous episodes I've missed...of which are only increasing more and more as the weeks progress.

Last real series plot/climax I remember catching the bulk of was
Adam Jensen managing to defeat Evil Gaben Earthbound-style - subsequently freeing Gaben's soul and have him reunite with Grey Fox in wrestling heaven.
Which was a couple of years back I think.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Nope, that was Bazza stepping down. TOH has been running the show for about two years and it's been great. Today is the last real show.

The other shows are going to run though right?

I've enjoyed the EDBW and VGCW:A/BWA spinoffs more over the past 2 years or so.

Vimes

Snake vs Armstrong, this is gonna be gooood

The other shows are going to run though right?

I've enjoyed the EDBW and VGCW:A/BWA spinoffs more over the past 2 years or so.

There's a little confusion on my part, but if I understand right both Bryn and Dudebro have announced that they are wrapping up their current plotlines this year and stepping down. A couple of guys who do a lot of the editing work on WVGCW are going to continue the show. I think EDBW might be done for good when Dudebro steps down though, which is a bummer, it's easily got my favorite plotlines.

Belmont just started up BWA again. The times I've watched it's not really been my thing, but I'll probably start watching as the other shows start going away.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Belmont just started up BWA again. The times I've watched it's not really been my thing, but I'll probably start watching as the other shows start going away.

BWA has traditionally been hard to follow because so much of it was running off inside jokes and long running plot threads that arose in the earlier Arena days, the plots were often nonsensical and focused on being as wacky as possible since they were community-run, and a lot of the characters being used are often obscure. That said, it's not too difficult to catch up on if you go back to like the last two seasons of Arena before jumping into the BWA stuff.

Arena/BWA still has the best team character intro of all the VGCW shows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLF34h8AiuM#t=54s

ngff02

What a show, It was the perfect way to end it.

Although these threads had been dead for awhile, they're the reason I ever found VGCW, so thank you guys.

I'll tune into the last show later on today. It's been quite a ride with VGCW even though I stopped watching it for the past couple of years. Credit goes to Bazza and the rest of the crew for keeping it fun all these years.

I'm hoping when Fire Pro Wrestling World comes out maybe some other individual will take on the reigns of creating a faux league in a wrestling video game.

Vimes

Stream is live for Bryn's last show, WVGCW Breakdown, starting in 20 minutes
After far too much preparation, and with ever increasing expectations, the season 8 finale, WVGCW Breakd∞wn,
will be going LIVE on Friday, June 2nd one hour earlier than the standard VGCW timeslot: 6PM Eastern / 3PM Pacific.

This will be my last show as "general manager" / head or creative / overambitious editor / man who buries your favorites in plot deaths. These last 4 years (too long) have had plenty of ups and downs, but I'm still glad to have produced a show of varying levels of quality for that long.

iUbLD8v.png

Vimes

The last season of EDBW starts today, stream is live.
Welcome to the beginning of the final season of EDBW! Very soon, the show will reach its grand conclusion with a TWO-PART PAY-PER-VIEW FINALE EVENT. And the only way to get there is on: the ROAD TO WRESMANIA.
vYwfM4o.png

In this jumbo-sized extra-packed episode, we’re going to get a TON DONE in preparation for WresMania Part One. We will find contenders for the EDBW Co-Op Championships, and determine two entrants into WresMania Part One’s ELIMINATION CHAMBER matches.

Vimes

The first part of EDBW's two-part finale airs today.

The showcase of the immortals. The grandest stage of them all. The end is here. EDBW: WresMania has begun.

On this show, we complete the first leg of the Champion of Champions tournament. All four titles will be defended inside the most insidious structure in professional wrestling – the Elimination Chamber. And the competitors that walk out Co-Op, Trios, Women’s and EDBW Champion will battle it out in WresMania Part 2 until only one champion remains.

Stream here

Vimes

Stream is live for the final EDBW show, starting at 3pm PDT
Last week, WresMania began. This week, it ends. It's the EDBW series finale. And it's this Friday.

At WresMania Part 1, we began the Champion of Champions tournament in the unforgiving Elimination Chamber. This week, it concludes. Scratch vs. Grounder and Ophelia vs. Undyne vs. Clementine, with the winners challenging the EDBW Champion Strong Bad and the EDBW Women's Champion Ellie. And then, the Unified Men's and Unified Women's Champions will face each other – with the winner being crowned the Champion of Champions.

That's not all. The challenge was laid down last week. The real Commander Shepard is on her way – and she will battle the clone that stole her life in a vicious I Quit Match.

And more. There will be a special announcement from EDBW's (Assistant to the) General Manager, Teddie. We will see the aftermath of the Masked Man's stolen heart, and the grand conclusion of the Cerberus saga. Can the heroes find a way to break the villains' control before the show ends – and, as they have promised, they destroy the EDBW arena and everyone in it?

The best VGCW show in a lot of ways; I'll be sad to see it go.

Bumping this just so in case anyone still cares, but WVCGW and BWA are still around and there will be a WVGCW broadcast tonight

It's WVGCW: Bash at the Beach

Pack up your swimsuits, sunscreen, and your inflatable rubber duckie inner-tube, because we're going to the beach! WVGCW: Bash At The Beach will be going live on Tuesday, November 28th at the usual time of 6PM Eastern/3PM Pacific!

Here's what we’ve got lined up for you:
Having won the Linear Title last episode in a crazy ladder match, KOS-MOS will now defend it inside a Steel Cage! She’ll be taking on fellow android 2B, in addition to Ivy Valentine, in a Triple Threat Match! The former participant was picked by prediction game runner up Kirbydamasta while the latter was picked by BWA showrunner BelmontLegend who just gets to do this kind of thing because he says so, I guess!

After a freak accident lead to an injury to her partner in the Summoners, Sheena Fujibayashi, an upset and possibly paranoid Rydia of Mist is looking for payback. She’ll take on Samus Aran, who’s not sure what this crazy girl’s problem is, but hey, a PPV paycheck is a PPV paycheck, am I right?

It’s time to keep growing the roster! You know what that means! It’s time for another Newcomer Match! Get your :sweatingguy: emotes ready, people, it’s gonna be a hot one!

No championship reign lasts forever. When the time finally comes to relinquish the gold, usually afterwards is a time for pause and self-reflection, to prepare for a future run at the title at a later date. ...But not so for former champs Agnes Oblige and Edea Lee, the team of Bravely Second, who have shown both dominance and resilience in their matches since being defeated at Breakdown .9, and have marched their way right back into the title picture in hopes of reclaiming what they lost. However, to do so, they’ll have to overcome the new Champions, Adeleine and Peacock: The Nation of Animation, who have no intention of being a footnote in Bravely’s story. For nearly two seasons now, no team has really had an answer for how to stop Bravely Second...except for the Nation. The question now is, can they find it again? Or will Bravely Second leave the beach as the first ever two-time Co-Op Champions? We’ll find out, as Bravely Second challenges the Nation of Animation in a Hell In A Cell Match for the WVGCW Co-Op Championships!

Since winning the Casualette Championship in the feel-good story of the night at Breakdown, Aigis has been nothing short of a fighting champion, defending against all comers, having already defended her title twice in the short time that’s passed since then. Her next challenge approaches, however, as the opportunistic Medusa hopes to slither in and do what previous challengers could not. Having snaked pass Jinx and Videl in a triple threat contendership match, can she end Aigis’s fairy tale reign as Champion? Aigis defends against Medusa in a Casualette Championship Match!

Tina Armstrong has been around for a long time and seen a lot of things. She’s seen many of her fellow veterans leave, and seen many a new talent arrive on the scene. She’s seen those new talent win matches, earn opportunities, and even claim championships.

She’s seen all of it, and she’s goddamn sick of it. She’s sick of people waltzing in on Day 1 and winning titles on Day 2 when she’s been here for YEARS and never gotten a shot at the top prize! It’s not fair! She’s sick of busting her ass and working harder than anyone! This is supposed to be a meritocracy, isn’t it? Where’s her due, then? It’s because of all these damn newcomers! Everyone overlooks her because they get distracted by the shiny new toy. Well piss on that. She’ll break every damn toy if she has to, and their ain’t a newer or shinier toy than Sophitia Alexandra, so she’ll take a special pleasure in smashing her to pieces. If she won’t be handed what she’s due, she’ll just take it. That’s the American Way.

Sophitia Alexandra has not been around that long, and yet, she too has seen her fair share. Many strong, talented women have challenged her since she arrived in WVGCW, and nearly all of them have fallen to her blade.

They come after her with their big egos and harsh words, and they proclaim to the world that they will do what no-one else has, yet. And she, of course, welcomes their challenge, and, that too, is responded to with derision. Perhaps they mistake politeness for weakness? No matter. She has confidence and she has faith, and that’s what’s important. Tina Armstrong will be no different. After all, she knows a spoiled child when she sees one, and in times like these, a firm hand is often required. She will be the firm hand that Tina so desperately needs.

Both of these women, challenger and champion alike, are confident in their victory. That they will be the one holding the biggest prize when the sun sets on the beach. But only one has reason to be. We will find out which one that is when Tina Armstrong takes on Sophitia Alexandra in a 20 Minute Iron Woman Match for the WVGCW Championship!

The time for talking is over, it’s sink or swim.

http://forum.vgcw.net/topic/30409231/1/

Top Bottom