• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame Character Wrestling Livestream | Usually at 6PM EST | Check OP for details

ckohler

Bring on Reggie. This town needs an enema!

08dtPl3.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lil Mac, Dan and possibly Ezio are the only true heels that have developed.

Two of those became heels because everyone felt they unjustly won a match. Ezio no one likes so they boo him but at the same time he's actually a good wrestler but he has zero charisma.

It's virtually impossible to make a heel in VGCW, it's all up to THQuality to decide if we boo someone or not.

That or someone needs to face a fan favourite like Arino and just absolutely massacre them.

Sephzilla

The problem is that the roster consists primarily of characters people generally like.

You need to inject the roster with some characters most people hate. Like Sephiroth, Reboot Dante, Tidus, anyone from the cast of Killzone, or Bobby Kotick.

Considering the audience in play here, it's harder to get people over as heels in the traditional sense but rather they just need to be characters your average internet-going gamer are sick of.

GMM

Banned
The problem is that the roster consists primarily of characters people generally like.

You need to inject the roster with some characters most people hate. Like Sephiroth, Reboot Dante, Tidus, anyone from the cast of Killzone, or Bobby Kotick.

OH YES, THIS SO MUCH! GabeN needs a proper nemesis.

Talamius

Considering the audience in play here, it's harder to get people over as heels in the traditional sense but rather they just need to be characters your average internet-going gamer are sick of.

Seph was so terrible he was fired, Reboot Dante is already in as Donte, but 100% agree on Kotick.

batfax

Count me in the group that doesn't really see Woody as a heel. Just... misunderstood. Could definitely use more heels though. Gary's probably one of the better ones since even though he never wins he's just a total douche in all his dialog scenes.

Donte is in VGCW. But yes, I do agree that most of the roster is filled with video game characters most people would cheer for instead of jeer.

I would suggest a soldier representing the Call of Duty franchise or Kudo Tsunoda. Kudo's theme should definitely be this.

Sephzilla

Donte is in VGCW. But yes, I do agree that most of the roster is filled with video game characters most people would cheer for instead of jeer.

I would suggest a soldier representing the Call of Duty franchise or Kudo Tsunoda. Kudo's theme should definitely be this.

I was actually going to suggest a Call of Duty protagonist, that would get instant heat.

Or John Madden or Brett Favre.

How about

[Mass Effect 3 ending spoilers, but really, everyone knows this by now]

the Starchild?

I cannot think of a more universally hated videogame character.
We already have/had Ash and Ness, so being a child is not really a problem.

I spoiler tagged it just in case, but I would be surprised if there's anyone that's into gaming enough to follow VGCW doesn't know about this character yet.

scarybore

How about

[Mass Effect 3 ending spoilers, but really, everyone knows this by now]

the Starchild?

I cannot think of a more universally hated videogame character.
We already have/had Ash and Ness, so being a child is not really a problem.

I spoiler tagged it just in case, but I would be surprised if there's anyone that's into gaming enough to follow VGCW doesn't know about this character yet.

Now that would totally work, amazed I forgot about the character. (I guess my blanking out of the ending succeeded)

I thought you were going to say Marauder Shields.

Don't be silly, he's a face if there ever was one.

I can see Kotick working well but I don't really want any more real people in VGCW.

Ferrio

Banned
Baz been playing Walking Dead today. Funny watching him turning on fight music when a fight breaks out, or metal gear solid when he's sneaking around.

Baz been playing Walking Dead today. Funny watching him turning on fight music when a fight breaks out, or metal gear solid when he's sneaking around.

It's crazy how he makes the exact opposite choices of mine. Interesting to see how the game changes (or sometimes, doesn't).

I had to bail because he caught up with where I'm at, so I'm going to try to finish the game this week so I won't have to miss the stream.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I had never heard of gootecks before he showed up on the VGCW chat, but he is apparently a known figure. Can someone give me a heads-up on who he is?

He is an old school fighting game community player from California. Played Urien in SF3 and Balrog in SF4, and is pretty decent. You can see him in that King of Chinatown documentary.

He got internet famous for hosting a lot of livestreamed events as well as exhibition matches of well known players at bars. He hosts the show Cross Counter Live, currently.

There are a lot of twitch faces of fighting game community members because stream monsters who love fighting games also love smiley faces.

Right, thanks for the answers

I just caught up with Baz in the Walking Dead (god damn that cliffhanger at the end of episode 3), but I hope he waits a bit so I can actually get ahead of him, especially since I want to play the games I bought in the xbox sale.

Speaking of those, I bought Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition; who should I main?

Naturally, the only real options are Zangief, Bison, Dan and Guile.

TOH

Neo Member
A shame Vegeta couldn't beat Barkley last show. Otherwise Dr. Wily would be fighting one of his own creations in the second round:

ZdC4we7.png

Top Bottom