• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame Character Wrestling Livestream | Usually at 6PM EST | Check OP for details

Hystzen

What's your reasoning for this?

It serious business fighting tournaments lol

Nah it does have this whole super serious mood and very few people care for anything that is not street fighter or marvel. Just feel it not the audience for VGCW an if it means he has to America to do it then it really waste of time. He doing fine now really he doing it for fun not viewers or promotion just keep with streaming to loyal fan base who know wtf is going on.

It serious business fighting tournaments lol

Nah it does have this whole super serious mood and very few people care for anything that is not street fighter or marvel. Just feel it not the audience for VGCW an if it means he has to America to do it then it really waste of time. He doing fine now really he doing it for fun not viewers or promotion just keep with streaming to loyal fan base who know wtf is going on.

I see you haven't paid attention to any EVO event for the past few years. They always have special exhibitions for the crowd each year. Sometimes it's a combo video, sometimes it's a panel, and last year EG_Floe played a special version of "I Wanna Be The Guy" that was designed specifically for the EVO audience. There's also a lot of FGC fans who are in the chat each and every VGCW show.

Bazza at EVO would be hype. The biggest obstacle, naturally, would be getting him there in the first place.

Dug

Banned
I see you haven't paid attention to any EVO event for the past few years. They always have special exhibitions for the crowd each year. Sometimes it's a combo video, sometimes it's a panel, and last year EG_Floe played a special version of "I Wanna Be The Guy" that was designed specifically for the EVO audience. There's also a lot of FGC fans who are in the chat each and every VGCW show.

Bazza at EVO would be hype. The biggest obstacle, naturally, would be getting him there in the first place.
Maybe he could just do a special EVO livestream and they would just show it at EVO?

Maybe he could just do a special EVO livestream and they would just show it at EVO?
The exhibition streams usually get shown in the evening. I'm not too knowledgeable on my timezones, but evening on the West Coast would be the wee hours of the morning for the UK?

If Bazza can't make it, then that sucks. But At the same time, I can understand if it'd be a huge pain to travel that far.

The exhibition streams usually get shown in the evening. I'm not too knowledgeable on my timezones, but evening on the West Coast would be the wee hours of the morning for the UK?

If Bazza can't make it, then that sucks. But At the same time, I can understand if it'd be a huge pain to travel that far.

EVO finals are usually at stupid hours, yeah.

...Kinda like now, actually. *whistles*

Here's a suggestion for the OT2; how about these gifs?

3wpnpMq.gif

kRszzH9.png

and

paris-night-lights-eiffel-tower-Favim.com-465534.gif

mOZrzQe.png

I quickly made up the subtitles in paint, and someone more versed in image wizardry should probably shop those on the gifs, should we decide to use them.

The night one is pretty interchangeable, but I thought it would be funny to use a looping gif of the midnight sun to symbolize 'not the night'.

Sgblues

I really wonder if 2K would improve the online for the next game, since just uploading and searches freeze so much at times.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I was planning on keeping the gifs to only two: Falcon superkick, and the ringbuster, to quickly highlight some of the best moments from the past.

IMO, OTs with too much graphics are unwieldy and hard to load for some, especially those on mobile.

Simple and clean:

Description, short history

FAQ

Link to stream

Link to wiki

Link to archives to catch up

Link to soundtrack

Links to other gifs

I wouldn't even post the .gifs, that's the kind of thing you'd expect to get posted as one of the first replies. I agree about the graphics, a banner is all you need.

Putting up some kind of notification for when VGCW is due to air would be handy. Maybe post-stream recap too.

scarybore

I was planning on keeping the gifs to only two: Falcon superkick, and the ringbuster, to quickly highlight some of the best moments from the past.

IMO, OTs with too much graphics are unwieldy and hard to load for some, especially those on mobile.

Agreed, less is often more when it comes to OTs.

Also, Bazza has put up a video response to a fan. Personally I didn't lose interest in the later matches but fitting in toilet breaks did become an issue. Some of my favourite matches have been so called "filler" so I fully agree with Bazza there, the Scorpion/Mario match 2 weeks ago was really good too so I don't really understand the complaint.

Bazza posted a video on Youtube responding to recent criticisms, especially regarding the last stream that lasted four hours.

While I enjoyed the four hour stream of VGCW, I do agree with him that four hours is too long for a streaming event like this. I was exhausted by the time the main event was up but I think what exhausted me the most was having the Rumble match during the middle of the show. It did pull in a lot of viewers but every match after that, viewership declined. I'm guessing most folks like myself were wiped out after the Rumble. Still, everything else I enjoyed from Bazza: women's division and filler matches don't bother me one bit. If every streaming had some new challenger make a debut appearance, it will take away some of the excitement of when we finally do see a new character. Keep up the fine work, Bazza.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Putting up some kind of notification for when VGCW is due to air would be handy.

I used to do this with the countdown thing, but it needed constant attention as the times were always changing. Nobody really seemed to mention that they found it particularly useful, so I stopped. Baz's Twitter should be good enough for the info, no?

What do you mean by post stream recap? GAF's?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
BTW, anyone know what the hell font that is in the wiki?

Closest I got was UNDA bitmap or Fix Sys Cyrillic Regular or PixelMix, but it's not an exact match.

demidar

With Uni starting up again and the advent of morning classes (noooooooooooo) I'm gonna miss a fair few streams. Damn this sucks, but I'll try and catch them when I can.

scarybore

BTW, anyone know what the hell font that is in the wiki?

Closest I got was UNDA bitmap or Fix Sys Cyrillic Regular or PixelMix, but it's not an exact match.

In the logo? No clue, but this guy made the logo so perhaps he would help if you ask? His twitter account doesn't appear to be very active but it's probably your best bet if you want an exact match.

I used to do this with the countdown thing, but it needed constant attention as the times were always changing. Nobody really seemed to mention that they found it particularly useful, so I stopped. Baz's Twitter should be good enough for the info, no?

Fair enough. And I dunno what I meant by that, I suppose people can just ask in the thread if they missed the last stream

Simple and clean:

Description, short history

FAQ

Link to stream

Link to wiki

Link to archives to catch up

Link to soundtrack

Links to other gifs

Sounds solid to me. Maybe a section for notable twitter accounts? I'm thinking about these:

@Tablesan
@TheMaskedFan
@GruntyVGCW

And Baz's account can be listed again.

I don't really follow any besides Baz's, so I don't know if those are still active.

A countdown sounds like too much work to keep doing it for ~4 months, but I think a simple bolded 'is it the night yes/no' line would be very helpful for newcomers.

Also, maybe you could put up a picture of the current GM tournament bracket and update it throughout the season, if it's not too much work?

GMM

Banned
A countdown sounds like too much work to keep doing it for ~4 months, but I think a simple bolded 'is it the night yes/no' line would be very helpful for newcomers.

Also, maybe you could put up a picture of the current GM tournament bracket and update it throughout the season, if it's not too much work?

We should buy "www.istonightthenight" and have it be like http://isitchristmas.com/.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
do people bitching about a free entertainment deserve a reply?

I mean Bazza having to explain why he did a 4 hour stream seems just seems dumb. It's his game and stream.

GMM

Banned
I'm talking about Dan level of heat. People cheer for Bowser and Eggman. Ezio & Raph are booed for the wrong reasons.

Ah, like that, personally i cheer for Italian Pizza. Doesn't everyone hate fucking Gary Oak?

I also read the Wiki about Vegeta, man i am cracking up:

He eliminated Luigi, Max Payne and Nappa in the second 2012-11-20 Rumble, and Scorpion as SSJ Vegeta in the 2012-11-21 rumble. Promptly after, Vegeta showed the world the true power of the Prince of Jobbers by being the first knock out of the 2013-01-16 Rumble to Donkey Kong just 41 seconds into the Rumble.

scarybore

Doesn't everyone hate fucking Gary Oak?

garyoaksmellyalaterisu39.jpg

Love Gary and his girth, a great heel in that he is a complete douche yet likeable for it.

Game Grumps are probably the only heels that I outright hate and that's simply because I couldn't care less about them. I daresay that due to the format of VGCW that it will be hard to get other heels that everyone hates cause 99% of the characters that get put in the stream have a likeable element to them or some joke at their expense.

The only character from a game that I can think of that no one likes and often detests is Steve from Code Veronica, and I can't say I would really want him on the roster in any case.

Baz appears to be working on making Drac a good heel, if he fucks over Woody then the crowd will hate him forever.

Plus we still don't know who the caller is!

demidar

Baz appears to be working on making Drac a good heel, if he fucks over Woody then the crowd will hate him forever.

Woody is creepy as fuck, I'm not sure him getting screwed over by Dracula is gonna rile up many people. Woody needs to do some awful things under the guidance of Dracula with plot implications to really build up a good heel team.

I love Woody. He's creepy but he's no heel! Heels need to go around actually doing bad things, Woody couldn't even get Ash beaten up by Segata properly.

scarybore

Woody is creepy as fuck, I'm not sure him getting screwed over by Dracula is gonna rile up many people. Woody needs to do some awful things under the guidance of Dracula with plot implications to really build up a good heel team.

Poor Woody.

wwe13vgcwwoody0019hkx7.gif

Dracula could definitely be a good heel, make him force Woody to torment Nappa every show.

Talamius

Drac leading a heel Ministry of Darkness stable would cover heels. Throw Italian Pizza in, Dan, Woody, and maybe a surprise member or two.

Top Bottom