• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Championship Wrestling OT3 - VGCW series finale has aired

akzw35Z.png

The Season 11 Finale, End Game X1, airs tonight at 7pm Eastern. The show, and all future shows, will now be streamed on VGCW's new Twitch channel

http://twitch.tv/VGCW

So be sure to follow and/or subscribe

Here's a lengthy write-up for tonight's lineup

Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Toad
Toad's been bragging that he's the best in the company, but few have taken him seriously. That all changed when Toad got talking to Sonic the Hedgehog. The two were mired in a battle of one-upmanship until Toad finally get the better of Sonic to claim contendership to the Casual Championship. The title match ended out of Toad's favor, but that hasn't broken the confidence of the little mushroom man, as he still claimed superiority when Sonic shared his beef about how their last encounter ended. In a battle of the best and the fastest, who emerges?

Sabin Rene Figaro vs. Knuckles the Echidna
It's been a building friendship all season long for these pals. While Sabin had a lot to prove to the crowd still as champion, he already had Knuckles as a friend, and the bond these two share has strengthened. With Sonic tied up in other things, Knuckles has relied on Sabin. While he hasn't won the big challenges, he's made some valiant efforts, nearly emerging as the top contender for the VGCW Title. While he and Sabin couldn't keep their promise to have a title match, they'll still have a friendly fight to show what they've learned this season.

Phoenix Wright vs. Miles Edgeworth
The moment Phoenix Wright's rival stepped into VGCW, the thoughts of a dream match between the lawyers immediately came to mind for many. While they've had their run-ins and even an in-ring court session, they've never had a proper wrestling match. The showdown's finally in place now, as Gary Oak requested the two to fight it out instead of going through a "boring" legal process. There won't be any objections who the superior lawyer is after this one's over.

Guile vs. Mike Haggar
You've got to reach way back for the origins of this one. Mike Haggar was attacked by a bunch of masked men calling themselves the Ring Rangers. After the attack, the Mayor had a strange personality twist, abandoning his political pride to join Groose's Gang of Bullies. But we weren't privy to the reason until collective head injuries brought Mike Haggar back to his old self (though not without some scary moments). With his memories restored, he went after the man responsible for the attacks: Guile, aka Soldier Black. He dealt a heavy blow in retaliation, but he wants the former Ring Ranger in the ring this time in an I Quit match to test Guile's fighting spirit.

Kanji Tatsumi vs. Ganondorf
Kanji went into this season with a title shot in hand and something to prove. As one of the "New Generation" of VGCW stars, Kanji was poised to be the breakout star. But a close battle with then-VGCW Champion Sabin went against him. After handling DK well enough and nearly besting Solid Snake, Kanji's still looking to get back on track. He has a way in mind by answering the call when Ganondorf demanded a match for End Game, claiming the Dark Lord is a shell of his former self. What's the truth of that? We'll find out when old school meets new school.

Red and Illidan Stormrage vs. Gary Oak and Senator Armstrong
While Gary was looking to improve morale, there's a certain pair he didn't include in that plan. He booked his eternal rival, Red, in some tough matches throughout the season, even stacking the deck at times. He's also shoved Illidan in multi-man matches to knock the Betrayer down a peg. Eventually the foul play caught up, and now Red and Illidan have joined forces to challenge the General Manager. After avoiding confrontation, Gary was finally goaded into a fight, and he'll be bringing Armstrong in as support.

Casual Championship: Groose (Champion) vs. The Heavy
Bullies explode! Groose hasn't been the best of leaders in his dealings with his "Bully Club," and now he's found himself without anyone in his corner. Heavy's been sympathetic to his pal Haggar, and he's also been trying to lobby for a Casual Championship match which Groose never took seriously. Enough was enough, and now Heavy's gunning for Groose and the belt after making a match through King Vegeta's pull. Groose has shown himself to be dominant, but can he look his former comrade in the eye and still retain?

Co-Op Championship: The Dragons - Billy Lee and Jimmy Lee (Champions) vs. Salvation Ops - Adam Jensen and Solid Snake
Adam Jensen and Solid Snake had heavy hearts coming off End Game X. Jensen lost a good friend in Gabe Newell, and Snake could relate, having Gray Fox taken from him recently, too. Jensen locked himself away for half the season, unable to come to terms with Gabe's death, but Snake was able to help by having Adam use the W.H.A.T.I.F. machine to see Gabe again, get some closure, and maybe most importantly, some confidence. After getting some revenge on the Mavericks, the newly-formed Salvation Ops have put on an impressive run, going undefeated to earn a Co-Op Championship shot. They'll take on another team with seemingly unstoppable momentum in the Dragons, who have defended against both ToeJam & Earl and the Birds of Prey. The Ops promised to be the salvation of the Co-Op division and end the "status quo" of the Dragons' title reign, but will they be able to come through on it?

Segata Sanshiro vs. GameShark?
Strange occurrences have plagued the VGCW vacation. For the first half of Season 11, it was uncertain what was behind the oddities of the beach. But Infinite Summer revealed the culprit to be the GameShark, a digital being that could glitch reality into whatever it wanted. The Disciplinary Committee was asked to investigate, but couldn't find any leads. Segata Sanshiro has also been interested in the situation, and he's recruited marine enthusiast Octodad into the fold. But they too had issues in finding out how to stop the GameShark. In a last-ditch move, Segata challenged the GameShark one-on-one, believed it to abide by a "code of honor" given the GameShark's reluctance to corrupt championship matches. Will the mysterious GameShark answer the call, or will Segata be left without any options?

VGCW Championship: Dracula (Champion) vs. Air Man
A revival unlike any other. After a confrontation with Senator Armstrong ended up with Dracula being thrown into the sunlight, many considered the vampire's days in VGCW to be over. But a stroke of luck befell Dracula, and he emerged once more with a new immunity to the sun to get his revenge on Armstrong at Infinite Summer, being the first to defeat the Senator. His historic night didn't end there, as Dracula went on to win the Royal Rumble for a VGCW Championship match. Keeping his momentum going, Dracula defeated Sabin to claim the belt. Meanwhile, Air Man had a strong start with a four-way tables match victory, and then a very convincing win over Vyse. It was enough to get him into contendership consideration, and he proved his worthiness with a victory there as well, positioning the robot master one victory away from being the first to achieve the Triple Crown. Dracula and Air Man stared each other down from afar, with Air Man claiming Dracula wasn't far off from actually being human and therefore lower than him. The mindgames haven't led to any sort of mental advantage heading into their End Game confrontation. "Man?" Machine? Only one can claim the VGCW Championship in the main event of End Game X1!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anyone else feel like the main shows have been kinda lacking as of late?

I've found EDBW and Arena (which is now BWA) a lot more interesting overall the past year.

Vimes

Killscreen promo reminds me how many good rivalries are going on in EDBW right now. As good as World Tour has been, there hasn't been as much heat in VGCW proper.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Killscreen promo reminds me how many good rivalries are going on in EDBW right now. As good as World Tour has been, there hasn't been as much heat in VGCW proper.

I've found EDBW and Arena/BWA much more interesting the last year or so.

Vimes

EDIT: There seems to be some kind of PPV curse lately. Dudebro can't get the stream working today (comcast). Sounds like he's gonna push it back until Friday.

EDBW season finale today, in about 4 hours
As the Lockdown approaches its climactic battles, the stars of EDBW take to the actual stars for, without a doubt, the greatest pay-per-view to ever take place in low orbit! A jam-packed extravaganza where all of this season's top rivalries come to a head and the fate of everyone in EDBW may be decided! This is KILLSCREEN V.
It happens (probably) Tuesday, August 16 at 7PM ET! It's gonna be a long one, so apologies in advance to my European viewers and those with early bedtimes.

SO TUNE IN. AND WATCH ALL THE ACTION.

Stream

Vimes

VGCW Season 13 starts in just over an hour! (7PM eastern)

Teaser
Stream Link

Anyone still watch this?

Yup, I still follow VGCW, WVGCW, and EDBW avidly. It's been harder for me lately to catch every stream live, but I always make sure to follow up on the archives for every show I missed so that I'm up to speed on the storylines. TOH and the gang have kept the show consistently good for an impressive amount of time. Ironically, I've never watched WWE or any kind of actual entertainment wrestling in my life, but I've been following VGCW for over three years.

Drayco21

I haven't watched one of these since buff Phoenix Wright, and not consistently since the Gabe/Jensen GM feud, but I could use a little more VGCW in my life; glad to see the thread bumped and remind me that this exists. Always a good time.

Vimes

So it seems I'm basically the guy who bumps this thread now, and it's with a heavy heart this time, because last week TOH announced that he's sunsetting VGCW. It seems Women's VGCW and Extreme Dudebro Wrestling will continue for an indeterminate time, but the last "full" season of VGCW will wrap up with End Game X3.

http://forum.vgcw.net/topic/30134991/1/
Hi all,

In case you missed it, I made an announcement after Rise to Power that I'll recap here. Season 13 is planned to be the final full-time season of VGCW. This is the last overarching storyline we'll be doing for the show, and we're looking to go out big when End Game comes around. Beyond that, we have been discussing a potential Season 14 which would be shorter and different in structure than the VGCW seasons you've been used to. It would be something that other showrunners and staff members would be involved with as a way to send VGCW off. Right now it's just an idea, I can't 100% guarantee it'll happen, but there is interest and it's something I'd like to be involved with as well.

The other part of it is that I think VGCW would do better by having an ending rather than continuing into potential obscurity. It's no secret that our audience has dwindled in recent times, so for all of you who have been loyal to VGCW for all these years, I want to give you a memorable finale while you're still watching as thanks for you being fans for so long.

I discovered VGCW four years ago from this Something Awful article and it's been a consistent source of joy, including during some dark times in my life. I'm not super involved in the VGCW community at large, but Bazza, TOH, Bryn, Dudebro, Fits and Belmont put it so much work to make sure that at least once a week, there was this big dumb Twitch spectacle that never failed to put a smile on my face. I'm glad TOH is making sure the whole thing ends with a bang rather than a whimper (viewership is dwindling and they're still flogging the last years-old wrestling game that supports story creator), but man am I gonna miss all this when it's gone.

Vimes

Splat Wres 2 is today at 6pm ET/3pm PT

BRYN said:
Along with VGCW recently, WVGCW will have an announcement about it's future after SplatWres. If I'm still sick, then I won't be going on mic, but there will still be an announcement post here on the forums.

Anyway, look forward to the show and make sure to tune in even earlier than the hour early if you want to hear a bunch of Splatoon remixes again, just like last SplatWres!

N4Us

Man, I haven't watched in at least a year and a half. I'm probably gonna be unfamiliar with a lot of references but tuning in for sure.

Top Bottom