• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

Oh man I couldn't be bothered to install the PSM thing and all that when Wololo first mentioned it, so I've missed the boat. They seem pretty confident other methods will be found though.

Oh man I couldn't be bothered to install the PSM thing and all that when Wololo first mentioned it, so I've missed the boat. They seem pretty confident other methods will be found though.

Same here

The hacks are still too inconvenient and early

I am hoping for a more universal solution to come about someday. Until then this stuff just takes too much time and dedication to be worth it.

Same here

The hacks are still too inconvenient and early

I am hoping for a more universal solution to come about someday. Until then this stuff just takes too much time and dedication to be worth it.

Indeed. If I was still a kid I'd screw about it with it all as I did during the PSP days, but I'm happy enough to just play games nowadays lol.

timshundo

hBlGMHH.png

Grep

Banned
So VITA is a legacy platform and abandoned system, but Sony is doing everything to prevent further homebrew development?

This business is really puzzling me.

i-Jest

So VITA is a legacy platform and abandoned system, but Sony is doing everything to prevent further homebrew development?

I think they clarified the "legacy platform" meaning by saying the first gen Vita is the legacy platform. The revised version is not. It's total bullsh** though. Like Muteki said, the Vita name is still relevant in other regions.

L.O.R.D

oh no no no no
just before the flash sales ?
how i am gonna buy the vita games ?
still on 3.51
but want to buy the games
can i buy them from my PC and send the download order to my vita ?

when i was on 3.30 i tried to download some game , so i download from my PS3
but it wont transfer to vita and asked me to update

Lime

oh no no no no
just before the flash sales ?
how i am gonna buy the vita games ?
still on 3.51
but want to buy the games
can i buy them from my PC and send the download order to my vita ?

when i was on 3.30 i tried to download some game , so i download from my PS3
but it wont transfer to vita and asked me to update

You can use a PS3 and OpenCM from your PC to get Vita games on your hacked Vita.

1. Download Vita game to your PS3
2. Download OpenCM to your PC.
3. Connect your Vita with the Manager to your PC
4. Unplug it from the PC
5. Plug it into your PS3
6. You should now have access to your PS3's downloaded Vita games.

L.O.R.D

You can use a PS3 and OpenCM from your PC to get Vita games on your hacked Vita.

1. Download Vita game to your PS3
2. Download OpenCM to your PC.
3. Connect your Vita with the Manager to your PC
4. Unplug it from the PC
5. Plug it into your PS3
6. You should now have access to your PS3's downloaded Vita games.

what is OpenCM ?

Doesn't cost them as much to update the system software compared to how much it costs to develop a game.

Past

Despite what people say, there's still a lot of Vita games being released, especially Japanese games. Homebrew would destroy software sales and the chance of Japanese games ever being localized anymore.

Hesemonni

Banned
Ok, my baby boy dropped my Vita from the night stand. Having just come back from a trip w/o internet access my Vita was loaded with unsynced trophies. Is there a way to save them? :/

JudgeN

Can I download PlayStation Mobile Development Assistant on a Vita on firmware 1.69? I have 2 one update and other I use for PSP firmware. I want to use that vita for nativa Vita homebrew but I don't want to update. Is this possible or am I SOL?

MUnited83

For you.
Despite what people say, there's still a lot of Vita games being released, especially Japanese games. Homebrew would destroy software sales and the chance of Japanese games ever being localized anymore.

It really wouldn't because the homebrew that is being worked on has no chances to ever enable piracy.

Lime

you mean..OpenCMA , right ?

edit , so , i need to download openCMA from here
http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/en/index.html
and download the other file from wolo
my vita is not hacked
just connect the vita to the PC ?

I thought you had a hacked Vita? Why would you post that question in this thread then?

If so, disregard whatever I said. If you just need to buy stuff for your PSN account, go to the PSN with your PC https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/ and buy whatever you need.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Did you use QCMA or OpenCMA? Because I hear it only works with QCMA, but QCMA isn't picking up my PS TV.
QCMA. It's pretty finicky for me too, try closing QCMA, pluging in your Vita and starting Content Manager on it before starting QCMA again.
Edit: Oh, PSTV, well replace "pluging in your Vita" with "connecting your PSTV".

PSYGN

I haven't really felt excited for homebrew on the Vita like I did the PSP. I remember when my friend was running Super Mario World on the SNES emulator and this was before smartphones really existed. It was amazing to see and I wanted one immediately. Now I don't wish the Vita was truly hacked but homebrew gaming on the Vita doesn't really do it for me anymore, and it would be cool if I could rip my games to the memory card and load them all through there. I know that would be bad for the Vita but at the same time I wouldn't be mad...

Skyzard

Banned
I haven't really felt excited for homebrew on the Vita like I did the PSP. I remember when my friend was running Super Mario World on the SNES emulator and this was before smartphones really existed. It was amazing to see and I wanted one immediately. Now I don't wish the Vita was truly hacked but homebrew gaming on the Vita doesn't really do it for me anymore, and it would be cool if I could rip my games to the memory card and load them all through there. I know that would be bad for the Vita but at the same time I wouldn't be mad...

Nah, that'll clearly encourage piracy. You should have gone digital for the games you want on your card. Not like they aren't cheap enough during sales. You still can, even by selling your retail copies. If you want both why would you be off the hook by owning one, when they currently charge for both and let you do that?
I guess I can see why you'd think it's fair. But not worth the piracy damage even at this stage.

Personally I'm checking quite often for the snes emulator and genesis etc. I have a spare vita set up waiting for it but it seems like a decent native vita emulation scene or even just the psp emulators might still be a way off on this psm app stuff. Can't wait to have it all set up properly. PSPgo isn't cutting it.

ChrisD

I just want to see if Gamecube Emulators could work on the Vita. I'd assume it's strong enough.

I'm probably in a minority on that, though, so it won't likely happen.

stryke

I just want to see if Gamecube Emulators could work on the Vita. I'd assume it's strong enough.

I'm probably in a minority on that, though, so it won't likely happen.

Doubt it, Gamecube emulation is even still a WIP on modern Android phones.

Hargon

it asking me to update when i go to the store

Just follow the steps here, should working with you

-Download Vita Update blocker
-Go to where ever you downloaded the file and run it
You should see an IP address and a port number
-Do not close the program
-On your Vita: Settings -> Network Settings -> Wifi Settings -> -----WhateverNetworkYouAreConnectedTo -> Advanced Settings -> Use Proxy
-Under proxy, set the IP address and port number as corresponding with the ones from before
-Use the PSN Store as much as you want (don’t close the program on your PC)

wololo

Neo Member
hmm , maybe i don't have a license
but how i can install Rejuvenate ?

For now you cannot run Rejuvenate if you don't have a psm publisher's license.
We're doing a closed beta test of psm+, the hack/service that will allow you to run homebrews without the publisher's license.

In other words:
don't try too hard for now if you don't have a publisher's license and are not part of the psm+ beta test.

KAL2006

Banned
I have not been keeping up with Vita home brew scene but do we have any decent native Vita emulators. I'd love a MAME emulator for Vita.

Top Bottom